Pre Cruise Hotel Fort Lauderdale ! What one do you like ?

Hi,

We haven't been cruising in a while and will be sailing with the Radiance in the end of January out of Fort Lauerdale. We were wondering what are the popular hotels for Precruise ? We will be staying 3 precruise nights. We have stayed at the Amerisuites once for precruise with priceline which was nice, but were looking for something maybe a little upscale ! We're wondering what all of you guys are doing ? Are you using priceline ?

Hi,

We haven't been cruising in a while and will be sailing with the Radiance in the end of January out of Fort Lauerdale. We were wondering what are the popular hotels for Precruise ? We will be staying 3 precruise nights. We have stayed at the Amerisuites once for precruise with priceline which was nice, but were looking for something maybe a little upscale ! We're wondering what all of you guys are doing ? Are you using priceline ?

We used Priceline and bid for a 4-star hotel downtown and won the Renaissance Fort Lauderdale for under $100.00 including tax/fees. We were very satisfied with this hotel as it was very close to the port. We could see the ships from our window. We would stay there again.

Two very nice hotels with both overlooking Port Everglades would be the Ft. Lauderdale Grande which is the former Marriott Marina. She will be finishing up a major refurbishment at the end of this year and will be brand new. The other hotel is the Hyatt Pier 66.

http://www.luxuryresorts.com/Properties/properties.cfm?intPropertyId=26

http://www.luxuryresorts.com/Properties/properties.cfm?intPropertyId=23

Both properties are on the water taxi stops which is a great way to get around the area for shopping and dining.

http://www.watertaxi.com/FortLauderdale/FLLHome.Asp

If you want something on the beach, I highly recommend Lago Mar. It is secluded, however, so you will need a car, or taxi to go eat somewhere besides their resort.

I also like the Marriott Harbor Beach for a full resort atmosphere.

The Lago Mar is a beautiful property but requires a minimum stay (3 nights?) during the peak winter season. At least it did this past winter when we were cruising out of FLL.

The Harbor Beach did not, and is beautiful.

If you book your cruise early,, it pays to book the hotel early too. I found on our stay at the Lago Mar last November that we could book any number of room types for just one night, but as we got closer to arrival and they filled reservations, they increased the length of stay requirements, especially on the larger room types.

I live in Ft. lauderdale. Everyone has great suggestions. Pier 66, Lago Mar are great. Don't forget...for upscale the St. Regis is amazing. It is right on Ft. Lauderdale beach. There is also a small upscale hotel in that area called The Pillars. Very exclusive and intimate. Good luck! Glad to have you in town!

I just booked the Extended Stay on 17th street. Got it for $150. I'm hoping I don't have a problem with getting bumped, like some other posters talked about. I was thinking of staying at a hotel I know here on Miami Beach (I live here now, will be moving to Jersey in two weeks!Yay!) but they were just as expensive. I'm flying in to Miami Airport because it was only $140 per person and FLL was more. I'll probably just call one of my friends from here to pick me up and bring me to Extended Stay.

I can't wait. I'm especially happy that I've paid for the whole cruise, the excursions, the airfare and the hotel already. Now all the cash I bring is just for spending! WhooHoo! No need to think of the credit card bills later, you know? More so after Christmas, thats always when I start getting cheap.:o

Pier 66 is my favorite, but since I am a member of Hilton Honors I do do Embassy suites also, they give a great breakfast (free and an hour and a half of free cocktails and snacks in the evening.) The location is great...and if you are on a high floor (above 7) you can see the ships. But Pier 66 is choice #1.

We used Priceline and bid for a 4-star hotel downtown and won the Renaissance Fort Lauderdale for under $100.00 including tax/fees. We were very satisfied with this hotel as it was very close to the port. We could see the ships from our window. We would stay there again.

Dag, Tony, what month was this?????

As previously stated, my wife and I on our honeymoon stayed at the Embassy Suites. It was very very nice with a great breakfast and beautiful atrium. Also we had pick up service via bus by the cruiseline. As mentioned you can see the ships as well as your right across the street from an outback where we ate twice.

We got our $62 bid for a night next month (8/26). Hotwire was running $79 per night

Ah, Florida in August! Good time for a bargain.

Unfortunately, I am sailing on the Jewel out of Ft. Lauderdale in January - prime time.

Fortunately, I have just discovered that American Express will transfer my father's reward points to me, and now my hotel will be free. :)

Thanks, Dad.

Archived