Barcelona Hotels - May 10, 2008

kb4683,

No, the Continental Palacete is on Las Ramblas a few blocks past the Placa

Catalunya. We've stayed there twice and like it very much - especially the very clean rooms (although small) and bathrooms and the 24 hour buffet with wine and beer, soda and bottled water included. As I understand it, it now needs to be booked quite a ways in advance since it gets such good reviews. Do note that there are some steps to climb and a very small self service elevator for luggage...lots of ambiance in the guest lounge area.

Thank you, Sheila. We are booked in the Continental Palacete for 11/30 to 12/3/07 prior to our T/A on Century. Booked this room waaaay back in March. After I had posted the question, I looked both hotels up on Google Earth. Still think this will be a great place and convenient to most places we plan to visit. The 24 hour buffet with wine, etc. reminds us a lot of Banks Mansion in Amsterdam where we stayed last year prior to our Baltic cruise -- loved it!

We arrive May 11 off of a Seabourn cruise - finally got a room at Duquesa de Cardona - it is expensive though approx. 326 Euros per night - but that is for a deluxe harbor view room. As previously posted, you had better book now as space is really tight. Also try tripadvisor.com and look there.

Archived