Are there really robes?

billsbrowneyedgirl

Yes, just back from Century, there were two robes in our sky suite. Very clean and nice to have, especially in the chilly Baltics. My butler even presented me one (appears new in a plastic wrapping) as a parting gift! I am certain that is not standard practice at all...perhaps he really enjoyed having us on board?!

Enjoy!

Can't remember where I read this, if it was one peticular ship or class, or all of them. If so, do you use them? How are we sure they are clean. Will be traveling on the Mercury.

Hi, yes you get robes:) If you feel they are not clean you can

ask your cabin attendant to change them out.

They always look and feel clean to me.:)

When the stewards clean your room on debarkation day, they take the robes and send them to the laundry and replace them with clean ones. So no worries there -- and you can always ask for another one if you want.

I put mine on when I'm opening the door for the steward bringing me breakfast in the morning :)

Yes, there are robes in the staterooms. We do use them and have always found them to be clean. At times they can get overly warm for me so I usually take a lighter one with me to use as needed.

Mary Lou

Just returned from Galaxy July 23 cruise and a few people were wearing the robes on deck and in the Oasis for breakfast and lunch.

I agree about the robes coming in handy when answering the door for room service. They're also great for coffee on the veranda in the morning. We were in a regular veranda room and had 2 waffleweave robes, but one was much smaller and a different material than the other. We just asked for another and received it, no problem.

Just returned from Galaxy July 23 cruise and a few people were wearing the robes on deck and in the Oasis for breakfast and lunch.

I always found it weird when people wore their robes in the public areas of the ship. It was even stated in the Dailies that robes should be left in the staterooms.

I always found it weird when people wore their robes in the public areas of the ship. It was even stated in the Dailies that robes should be left in the staterooms.

I have seen this also on European cruises and think it's usually Europeans who wear them in public. I have even seen some wearing them in a hotel for breakfast in Europe:rolleyes:

I have seen this also on European cruises and think it's usually Europeans who wear them in public. I have even seen some wearing them in a hotel for breakfast in Europe:rolleyes:

I guess I could see over a swim suit as a cover up on the way to the pool/spa, but that's it. I would feel uncomfortable eating breakfast next to someone in a robe.:cool:

My feeling is, you are oon vacation. You paid a lot for said vacation. You should be able to wear whatever you want, as long as you aren't naked. if the robe covers you, who cares? I've seen swimsuits that are close to vlugar, a robe is certianly not a big deal.

i think it sounds kind of cool to sit on deck in your robe and have breakfast, but i think if they request you leave them in the rooms than you certainly should.

My feeling is, you are oon vacation. You paid a lot for said vacation. You should be able to wear whatever you want, as long as you aren't naked. if the robe covers you, who cares? I've seen swimsuits that are close to vlugar, a robe is certianly not a big deal.

i think it sounds kind of cool to sit on deck in your robe and have breakfast, but i think if they request you leave them in the rooms than you certainly should.

Lets hope there is something on under that robe:eek: if one decides

to wear it outside...can you imagine? ooopsss...the belt

just came undone......:rolleyes:

I prefer clothing while out on deck. But that is just me;)

Cruises make for interesting learning experiences. I wouldn't be comfortable wearing a robe out of my cabin, but I see people at the grocery story &/or Wal-Mart that look like they literally rolled out of bed and came shopping in pajamas and house shoes. I've heard this is very common on college campuses for early classes. Not something I would do but........

Archived