Everything about the Constellation

cruiseorbust

The Connie has a GREAT entertainer...Perry Grant...I was on her in Feb & he was the best...FUNNY...he plays the piano & name that tune type games...if he is still on the ship...go see him...I believe he plays in "Michaels Pub".

The ship is great...try the indoor "pool"...it is more like a BIG hot tub.:)

I will start off saying this is one of my favorite Celebrity ships. Stop by the cova cafe for a cappucino or a really good cup of coffee. You have to pay for it but it is really great. They also have some lovely pastries there in the morning and the afternoon. These are free and are some of the best on the ship.

Go to the back of the buffet in the morning for the best waffles. They serve sushi every night from 6 to 10 in the rear buffet area. If you enjoy sushi you will love this. Try to eat at the Aqua Spa Cafe by the thalasotherapy pool. The food is wonderful and lite.

There are many more things that are great but I will let others tell you about them. Pat

Got back this morning and agree with the other posts - best things are Perry, indoor pool, waffles, sushi. The ship looks great. Stateroom attendants were brilliant. Casual dining service was excellent. Spa treatments were good (but could do without the sales pitch at the end!) Downsides-Food wasn't as good and San Marco waiting staff not as friendly as on the Galaxy last year. If you're going to the Baltic it was too cold to use the outdoor pool. And if you're going soon - Perry is away for the next six weeks (back mid Sept) - he's staying at a gated house in the UK and a gated community in Florida (you'll understand if you've seen him!!)

Pat is the regular coffee that you are talking about different than the rest of the ships coffee. Do you know if Celebrity uses the syrup to make coffee as Princess does or is it brewed. Thanks. I will be on my cruise with Celebrity and I guess I would classify myself as a coffee brat.:)

can vary from area to area.....in other words, some evenings

in the main dining room I have to request a new cup. Other times

it tastes great.

Sometimes the coffee up on the Lido is perfect (should I use

that word?) and other times it is not so good.

I don't know if it is syrup or not.

But it has never bothered me enough to worry about it.

I always end up having a wonderful time:D

But if you are a coffee connessiour (sp) you might not care

for it.

Cruzin girl, is this your first cruise on X?

I hope you have great time:)

Oh, I have sailed Constellation once and she is a beautiful

ship.

Pat is the regular coffee that you are talking about different than the rest of the ships coffee. Do you know if Celebrity uses the syrup to make coffee as Princess does or is it brewed. Thanks. I will be on my cruise with Celebrity and I guess I would classify myself as a coffee brat.:)

I know they used the coffee syrup a few years ago but I am not sure now. Lois is right some places the coffee out of the machine is better than others. I drink my coffee black with no sugar so I know right away if it is good. I love the capaccino and Expresso in the Cova Cafe, and feel it is worth the up charge. The coffee in Cova is made differently than the other coffee elsewhere on the ship. Pat

In the Cova cafe where you have to pay the coffee is brewed in a big, fancy espresso type machine and is better than the rest of the ship.

The rest of the ship is brewed in large buffet style coffee makers (don't know how to better explain it). As with any cup of coffee it depends on who put the grounds in. Sometimes it is better than others. My 1st Connie cruise the coffee was bad but drinkable. My second 6 months later it was great. If your in the buffet and one pot is not to your taste try another station.

The best thing I found was the Staff, all of the staff. A smile goes a long way, they don't get as many as they should. I felt like I was going back to visit friends the 2nd time and I found many people that remembered me on my second cruise that I did not remember at all. I found the service fantastic in the dining room but that there is always a chance you get a waiter not on his best cruise.

Just returned from a two week Baltic Sea cruise on Constellation. It was just perfect. Best cruise ever. Celebrity seems to have the best entertainment and most attentive staff of any of the other cruise lines I've been on.

Just returned from a two week Baltic Sea cruise on Constellation. It was just perfect. Best cruise ever. Celebrity seems to have the best entertainment and most attentive staff of any of the other cruise lines I've been on.

Hello

I am doing the baltic in twelve days. Do you know when are formal/informal/casual nights? How are the shows (2 last time I was on Celebrity, I was not so impressed...)?

Hi

Sorry but I'm so relaxed after the cruise I can't remember the precise formal etc! I know there was one on the day we left Copenhagen and I think the other two were on the sea days. The last two nights were casual, as were the long touring days (eg St P and Warnemunde - in fact at least one of these was turned into open seating) If you go into the aquaspa, they keep a schedule on the reception desk. The shows were fine - I think there were 3 and we saw 2 of them. Pretty similar to the Galaxy last year. Other nights were a magician Jamie ? (I liked him), a female singer Lindsay ? (again, I thought good), a classical pianist (we didn't see), a male singer ? Jordan (we skipped as we didn't like him on the Galaxy last year) and someone who played piano, violin and guitar and who did an almost identical act to last year! It gave us a laugh trying to be first to remember what he would say or play next!

Another vote for the Cova Cafe. Their coffee is fantastic and also they have a drink there called "The Aspen" with coffee, Irish Cream, Kahula(sp). That drink is to die for.

I love their sandwich bar toward the back of the buffet at noon time. Fabulous. Free ice cream in the afternoon.

Marilyn

Hello

I am doing the baltic in twelve days. Do you know when are formal/informal/casual nights?

Hi ivopera :)

When we took our Baltic Cruise on Constellation last summer, the three formal nights were on the first sea day, the day we were in Tallinn, Estonia, and when we were in Helsingborg, Sweden.

The four Informal nights were on the second sea day, day we were in Helsinki, Finland, second day of St Petersburg, Russia, and third sea day.

Another vote for the Cova Cafe. Their coffee is fantastic and also they have a drink there called "The Aspen" with coffee, Irish Cream, Kahula(sp). That drink is to die for.

I love their sandwich bar toward the back of the buffet at noon time. Fabulous. Free ice cream in the afternoon.

Marilyn

Marilyn, hi...love that Aspen Coffee too:D but you left out

the 3rd ingredient....there is Frangelica in it too!!! :)

Sounds like the Cova Cafe is the place! Lois yes this will be our first cruise on x. We are really looking forward to it. We are a ways out-Jan. 09. We have cruised with RCL Princess and Hal and loved every one of them.:) I have heard great things about x so I am sure that we will love them too.

How much do you pay for the coffee in Cova Cafe?

Hi:) ...it depends on the type of coffee you are ordering.

They don't have "regular" in Cova...they serve specialty coffees,

along with teas, as well as adult beverages.

THE FOOD: Sarh is not the only person to comment about the food.Look to other peoples comments on the web site here.There appears to be a lowering of the quality of the food on Celebrity in general. MY brother and sister in law were on a recent cruise on the Infinity and they were disapointed with the food in the dining room.Everybody can't be wrong.

Michael

THE FOOD: Sarh is not the only person to comment about the food.Look to other peoples comments on the web site here.There appears to be a lowering of the quality of the food on Celebrity in general. MY brother and sister in law were on a recent cruise on the Infinity and they were disapointed with the food in the dining room.Everybody can't be wrong.

Michael

Hi Michael :)

This may be just a coincidence but I have found the food varies, even within the same ship, based on Itinerary. During 2006 we took two cruises on Constellation and the food on our Baltic Cruise was far superior to what was served on our Caribbean Cruise on the exact same ship a few months later.

We have also had very good food on Infinity to Alaska and and a Mexican Riviera Cruise on Mercury, while our other Caribbean Cruises on similar ships were not nearly as good.

Let me first say that I've cruised on the Connie twice before...and I've booked her again for July 2008...there's a lot of reasons I keep going back...

Most of all, the space-per-passenger ratios...

I just returned recently from "back-to-back" cruises on the RCCL Liberty of the Seas (160,000 gross ton ship with 4,200 passengers) and Carnival Liberty (110,000 gross ton ship with 3,600 passengers...The Connie is 90,000 gross tons and normally sails full with only 2,000 passengers...Do the math...All the amenities of a big ship with none of the crowds...

Let me first say that I've cruised on the Connie twice before...and I've booked her again for July 2008...there's a lot of reasons I keep going back...

Most of all, the space-per-passenger ratios...

I just returned recently from "back-to-back" cruises on the RCCL Liberty of the Seas (160,000 gross ton ship with 4,200 passengers) and Carnival Liberty (110,000 gross ton ship with 3,600 passengers...The Connie is 90,000 gross tons and normally sails full with only 2,000 passengers...Do the math...All the amenities of a big ship with none of the crowds...

I agree with Steve. We have been on the Millie and the Summit, both class M ships, and expect the same uncrowded space on our upcoming Connie cruise. We have been on RCCL and Princess, and Celebrity remains our favorite - there are just those extra special touches - yes, you are paying for them, but there is an attention to detail that shows.

Food is a totally subjective issue, but I have to commend Celebrity for having a full, creative vegetarian menu for lunch and dinner - my husband is a vegetarian.

Archived