Taking only the 2nd part of a connecting flight

letscruisegd

Would anyone happen to know the answer to this? If a flight is not boarded from the originating airport would a passenger be able to board at the connecting airport? The reason I ask is because after much searching, I found a flight leaving a FL airport going to LAX that has a connection in Atlanta. The flight from FL is only $89 but the flight from ATL is over $300. If I were to purchase the $89 would I be able to use only the 2nd portion of the flight and board in ATL?

Would anyone happen to know the answer to this? If a flight is not boarded from the originating airport would a passenger be able to board at the connecting airport? The reason I ask is because after much searching, I found a flight leaving a FL airport going to LAX that has a connection in Atlanta. The flight from FL is only $89 but the flight from ATL is over $300. If I were to purchase the $89 would I be able to use only the 2nd portion of the flight and board in ATL?

NOPE-reservation will be canceled if you do not board at LAX. NO REFUNDS. Very bad idea. Keep looking.

NOPE-reservation will be canceled if you do not board at LAX. NO REFUNDS. Very bad idea. Keep looking.

I think you mean the reservation will be cancelled if you don't board in Florida. But the bottom line is the same, reservation will be cancelled.

I think you mean the reservation will be cancelled if you don't board in Florida. But the bottom line is the same, reservation will be cancelled.

I guess I read the title wrong-SECOND leg FROM Florida. I thought the OP was trying to get from ATL TO Florida. My mistake, you are correct.

Any way you look at it in either direction-BAD IDEA.

Thanks everybody...I figured as much but I thought I would ask anyway. Looks like I'll have to resume my search.

FYI...the $89 is the cost of a one way flight on Delta from Ft. Myers to LAX (which is still a huge bargain although it's one way).

Thanks again

Did you check on what the flights from Atlanta to FL are? You might be able to get a cheap flight there and the cost of the two flights might still be quite a bit less than the $300.

Yes...I checked into that. Airtran has a flight to Ft. Myers for $29. The problem is the $29 flight to Ft. Myers doesn't arrive early enough to make the $89 flight from Ft. Myers to LAX. I thought this was a pretty good idea but the times don't work.:(

Hi, I have a similar question. Can I take the 1st portion of a connecting flight and just not take the 2nd portion? The real question is where will our luggage be, is it possible to get it after the 1st portion and not for them to put it in the 2nd plane? Thanks:)

Can I take the 1st portion of a connecting flight and just not take the 2nd portion? The real question is where will our luggage be, is it possible to get it after the 1st portion and not for them to put it in the 2nd plane?
Many airlines will not check your baggage only to the connecting point, but will insist that it be tagged to the destination of the second flight. If you fail to board the second flight, you may hold up everyone else on that flight while they wait for you to turn up. Then, you may hold up everyone while they remove your luggage (if they do it). If they remove your luggage, it isn't likely to be delivered to you fast, if at all. If they don't remove it, it'll travel to the destination of the second flight.

So if you have checked baggage, this is not recommended unless you really know exactly how to play the system.

Hi, I have a similar question. Can I take the 1st portion of a connecting flight and just not take the 2nd portion? The real question is where will our luggage be, is it possible to get it after the 1st portion and not for them to put it in the 2nd plane? Thanks:)

Your luggage will go to the destination airport. The airlines have rules in place and have the option of fining you (not that it happens often) for departing early...I don't think I would chance it since 9/11...

Archived