croc shoes?

abbypa

hi im thinking about buying croc shoes for my cruise thats coming up. has any one tried them? i have feet isues (lol) i want something comfortable but trendy. i am 49 years old. are they too young for me? :)

I am 30, and I love my crocs. I have both the Mary Jane style and the Athens flip flop, in multiple colors. I am a diabetic and find them to be very comfortable. Everyone from age 2 to 90 wears them and they are very popular right now. So if you like them, wear them...you won't be alone! ~Val

I am 56 and my DH is 59; we bought Crocs recently (I bought the Mary Janes). They are comfortable on hot humid days. I would not walk far in them because you can feel stones, etc. We are both taking them on our cruise to wear around hotel rooms and in the cabin. Plus we plan to wear them to the pool/spa onboard. One great thing about them is that they are so light to pack!

People of all ages wear them. Go for it!

Kathy:)

My boyfriend loves his Athens flipflops (by crocs) and I have Ithica flip flops (by crocs) but they give me blisters between the toes if I wear them for more than a few hours at one time. However, the capri flip flops (by crocs) are comfortable!

DH and I bought Crocs for our cruise on the Conquest in Feb. of 2006. We got the Beach and Athens (flip flops). I got another pair of flip flops last year and I wear them constantly. We've had them a year and a half and still going strong. For our last cruise, DH got himself a pair of the Croc sandals (slip ons) in navy blue and he loves them. They are great for on the ship and excursions. Travelgirl

I say go for a pair!

I am a bit of a shoe snob, and first wrote them off based on looks. I recently tried a pair of the mary janes on a lark, and holy cow - they are like marshmallows for your feet! Snobbery be darned...make your feet happy and get some crocs. :D

I have been a huge supporter of Crocs because they are the only shoes that I have ever found that do not hurt my feet and I can wear them all day. I go online to get the most current styles and colors.....everything from flip flops, to beach shoes, to rugged terrain wear, to boots, to the newest wooly lined crocs for winter, as well as ballet slippers and mary janes. I wore them almost exclusively on our July Alaskan cruise......even to casual dinner with slacks. You will see them for all ages, and you will see nurses, doctors, sales people, athletes, students, etc. wearing them, as well as a lot of folks, like me, who have serious foot problems. Go to www.crocs.com to see all they have and for free shipping you can use the code: Summer07 Best regards, gg

hi im thinking about buying croc shoes for my cruise thats coming up. has any one tried them? i have feet isues (lol) i want something comfortable but trendy. i am 49 years old. are they too young for me? :)

They are very comfortable. So if you want a pair go ahead and go for it.

Annieeee

I bought a pair of Crocs clogs that I wear around the house instead of slippers and find them sooo comfortable. The other night, DS and his "girlfriend" came over and as I was pouring them coffee, Miss Snotty-Pants says: "Oh I see you're wearing Crocs, they're just offensive." Instead of pouring the coffee directly on her, I returned with "Well, the shoes might be offensive, but at least they're not rude. I'll wear what I da#m well please in my own home." Let's just say the visit ended rather abruptly. Oh, and no, she didn't apologize.:rolleyes:

Enjoy your Crocs - they'll be great if you've got foot problems.

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

I have problem feet as well and walk miles a day and have tried virtually every brand of comfort shoes until finally finding Clarks which are my exclusive shoe of choice for casual or work wear. They are comfortable, well made and look great.

I thought Crocs were gardening clogs. I guess they come in different styles but they still look like plastic shoes with holes in them to me. I never have "gotten" the Birkinstock thing either--have to be the ugliest shoes on the planet but lots of people like them.

I am going to go try on a pair of Crocs just to see what all the fuss is about. Are you supposed to wear them with bare feet or with socks? I would thing they would make your feet sweat. I would not be caught dead in the dining room of any ship I have ever been on wearing them.

My boyfriend loves his Athens flipflops (by crocs) and I have Ithica flip flops (by crocs) but they give me blisters between the toes if I wear them for more than a few hours at one time. However, the capri flip flops (by crocs) are comfortable!
I had to return the ithaca's Horrible pain between the toes. Now the Capri sandals are EXCELLENT!!!! They are cute (not like regular Crocs) & very comfortable!!! I just got back from a trip to Washington DC and my feet didn't hurt! I wear my Crocs sandals everywhere.

I have problem feet as well and walk miles a day and have tried virtually every brand of comfort shoes until finally finding Clarks which are my exclusive shoe of choice for casual or work wear. They are comfortable, well made and look great.

I thought Crocs were gardening clogs. I guess they come in different styles but they still look like plastic shoes with holes in them to me. I never have "gotten" the Birkinstock thing either--have to be the ugliest shoes on the planet but lots of people like them.

I am going to go try on a pair of Crocs just to see what all the fuss is about. Are you supposed to wear them with bare feet or with socks? I would thing they would make your feet sweat. I would not be caught dead in the dining room of any ship I have ever been on wearing them.

Clarks are my favorite for when you are dressing up a bit more. Crocs are for walking around the Islands and by the pool. I wash them before I pack them and if your feet sweat, just wash them in the sink. No problem!!

Crocs can be used for gardening shoes and are great for that, since they can be washed off but they are for almost every activity. In the summer I wear them barefooted and in the fall and winter, with socks. The holes in the summer styles keep your feet from sweating and in the winter they feel great with thick socks when the temps are really cold. And if you will go to their web site www.crocs.com you will see all the styles. Some are for beach, some are flip flops, ballet slippers, Mary Janes, rugged terrain shoes, boots, new ones coming out lined in wooly fabric that looks like a sheep's coat. For you to say you would not be caught dead in the dining room of a cruise ship with them on just shows that you have not seen how they look with the right clothes and that you do not understand that if your feet hurt non stop in traditional shoes....you would try whatever. On casual nights, I wore them on our Alaska cruise to supper. I have a chocolate pair, without the holes and wore them with socks and lightweight corduroy slacks, paired with casual tops and or lightweight sweaters. They look no different than the mules that so many people still wear. I think they look every bit as appropriate as the rhinestone studded flip flops, casual sandals, tennis shoes, jogging shoes, etc. Truly to each his own. gg

gg3, that's exactly what I plan to do for our Alaska cruise next June. (Need to go buy a black pair). I know we will be running in and out to our balcony or on the deck to see the sights and it might be wet so Crocs will be perfect.

Cheers

Kathy:)

No they're not too young for you, just too hideous for you. Please, please, please don't get them. I'd rather help you shop around for comfortable shoes than see a fellow CC person wearing them.

No they're not too young for you, just too hideous for you. Please, please, please don't get them. I'd rather help you shop around for comfortable shoes than see a fellow CC person wearing them.

Yum Yum.....because you are so young, I do understand your comments......I just wish you would try to understand where many of us are coming from re: Crocs. They are not a hot, sexy type shoe.......wore those, did that.......ruined my feet. I have a genetic bone structure defect.....that is not noticeable to the eye.....but absolutely kills me to wear most shoes for longer than a few minutes. But, when I was your age, I wore the sexy, high heels, pointed toes.....looking good shoes that, & as the foot surgeon said.....really destroyed my already messed up bone structure. I have tried every brand rec. to me by shoe merchants, friends, and CC'ers. I have spent a fortune on Ecco, Born, Clarks, etc. and the only shoe I have found to let me be totally pain free is Crocs. And it is because they have such a wide boxy toe and such superb cushioning. Are they a fashion statement.....indeed they are. Are they what most 20 and 30 year olds want to wear......not yet.....but be careful what you say....one day you may eat your words, due to many circumstances. I feel great when I wear them and believe it or not......I have never had so many people stop and tell me they love them and/or how comfortable are they ??? Do I wish I could wear beautiful high heels.....oh I do and I miss that, or just simple sandals, or the cute ballet flats.....the pain is too great though. So I wear something whimsy, something that some folks want to call ugly or hideous, but I do wear my Crocs......not JUST because I want to, but because I HAVE to. Please everyone who judges these so negatively.......try to show a bit more compassion. If you came on line and said you had just ordered the cutest little short black dress.......I would never come on line and tell you how ugly I thought the picture was. If "I could not say something nice, I would say nothing." I write this, not to put anyone down, but to just ask you to be a bit more open minded about things you just may not understand. gg

Archived