Eurodam is taking shape

Copper10-8

That will depend upon the course the ship is steering and the elevation of the sun. I'm sure that if the sun is shining down on the aft of the ship and the ship is sailing north you'll get sun on those aft verandahs decks. Just not as much.

Only if the sun us sailing due east and its the 1/2 hour at sunset, will you ever get full sun on those verandahs...

:rolleyes:

Yes the Queen Victoria lowest suites have the same layout as the minsuites on Princess except a different decor. The next lowest class suites have the same layout as the SA,SB and SC's on the Vistas except the decor. I was a little surprised to see this. I guess they are trying to save money. However there are also similarities in the layouts of the cabins on Royal Carribean and Celebrity. Another money saving idea.

There's only so many ways to rearrange the furniture...

:cool:

Only if the sun us sailing due east and its the 1/2 hour at sunset, will you ever get full sun on those verandahs...

:rolleyes:

Oh, for more than 1/2 hour. And, remember, we'll be further North on the Inaugural, which will make for the Sun having a different angle than you're used to at your latitude ... and MUCH more than in the Caribbean.

However ... it won't be like on the original deck plans of the Vistas.

I'm excited seeing it take shape - so is DH. He has always been curious to see photos of the construction process - especially given his occupation.

He took some amazing shots :eek: of some electrical configurations and panels he came across in Malta and showed them to the guys at work... they really enjoy seeing how work is done in many places outside the U.S. :)

John, they're talking about Observation Deck Forward. Here:

observationforward1.jpg

Note how the forward Suites have TINY verandahs but a nice forward view (two windows, actually, in each suite). The Photos don't depict what the deckplans show, however. There should be EIGHT windows across the front of the Observation Deck ... not four.

As an aside, from a purely personal standpoint, I'm pleased to note that it would appear that the staff clergy cabins (and guest entertainer cabins) have been located on this deck, just forward the stairs. :) We're under the crows nest, instead of abaft it (like on the R class ships). That's nice. MUCH nicer than on the Vistas, actually. :D

What about the cabins above on the Sports Deck? One web site showed them as "V" Outsides with floor to ceiling windows but HAL (obviously the correct diagrams) has them as "VT" Verandahs. Do you think they would be a lot of noice nect to the crows nest?

I can't tell if on either the Observation or Sports Decks you can walk right outside to a common deck?

What about the cabins above on the Sports Deck? One web site showed them as "V" Outsides with floor to ceiling windows but HAL (obviously the correct diagrams) has them as "VT" Verandahs. Do you think they would be a lot of noice nect to the crows nest?

I can't tell if on either the Observation or Sports Decks you can walk right outside to a common deck?

I don't understand if they are just floor to ceiling windows or true verandah cabins... :confused: The cost is that of verandah, so one would think...

I don't understand if they are just floor to ceiling windows or true verandah cabins... :confused: The cost is that of verandah, so one would think...

Look again. One of the diagrams is in error. Both are dated 9/1/07. When you open up the info on the Eurodam deck plans it says "Ocean View" "T". It is the same when you go under Sports deck and open up the PDF file. BUT, when you open up the PDF file for all the decks the cabins on the Sports Deck are listed as "VT" "Verandah Decks". They are priced like the Verandahs.

What about the cabins above on the Sports Deck? One web site showed them as "V" Outsides with floor to ceiling windows but HAL (obviously the correct diagrams) has them as "VT" Verandahs. Do you think they would be a lot of noise nect to the crows nest?

I meant to say that it shows up as a "T" on the on-line Sports Deck diagram and the printable Sports Deck PDF diagram. The printable of all the decks shows ot as a "VT".

Also, if it was an Ocean View why would they not call it a "B" (or an "A"), if the highest Ocean View is currently a "C".

HAL has changed the configuration of those Deck 10 "T" staterooms at least twice.

First, they were supposed to be "Panorama" staterooms with floor to ceiling fixed panel windows.

Then, HAL decided to make the windows sliders with a "Juliet" balcony (just a rail - no outdoor space)

Lastly, HAL decided to weld on little curved balconies - Don't expect to see chairs or tables out there...

The "V" staterooms are those on Deck 8 in the space where SS's should have been like the Vistas. They obviously did this to increase the occupancy density by nearly 50% in the same amount of space: 74 standard staterooms where 50 Mini-Suites used to be.

As you can see, the corner SZ's have no forward windows and a relatively small balcony instead of the forward facing windows shown on the deckplans. They will also have the standard bathroom module: one sink and a standard tub only instead of the larger bath module found in other SZ/SY/SS's

Yes, you can walk aft to an open deck - There are no open forward decks between Deck 7 and Deck 11.

HAL has changed the configuration of those Deck 10 "T" staterooms at least twice.

First, they were supposed to be "Panorama" staterooms with floor to ceiling fixed panel windows.

Yes, you can walk aft to an open deck - There are no open forward decks between Deck 7 and Deck 11.

I just received an e-mail from HAL in Seattle. The "T's" are Ocean Views with floor to ceiling windows - no balcony.

Ok, I am considering a cruise on the Eurodam and planning on an Ocean View instead of a Verandah. If you had a choice between the Observation Deck "C's" or the Sports Deck "T's" which would you pick? Note that the T's are $10pp per day more, so the price difference is not an issue. Also note that I seem to be one of the few persons on this bb that likes forward cabins. If one takes a T, where do they walk to get to a deck? Is it through the Crows Nest?

Which location/cabin would you pick between a C and a T and why? I am curious.

I just received an e-mail from HAL in Seattle. The "T's" are Ocean Views with floor to ceiling windows - no balcony.

Ok, I am considering a cruise on the Eurodam and planning on an Ocean View instead of a Verandah. If you had a choice between the Observation Deck "C's" or the Sports Deck "T's" which would you pick? Note that the T's are $10pp per day more, so the price difference is not an issue. Also note that I seem to be one of the few persons on this bb that likes forward cabins. If one takes a T, where do they walk to get to a deck? Is it through the Crows Nest?

Which location/cabin would you pick between a C and a T and why? I am curious.

HAL Customer Service Strikes again.

:cool: Clearly they don't read their own blog...

This is the latest photo of those T staterooms - see the little scalloped balconies?

photo-scalloped-balconies.jpg

HAL Customer Service Strikes again.

:cool: Clearly they don't read their own blog...

This is the latest photo of those T staterooms - see the little scalloped balconies?

photo-scalloped-balconies.jpg

Do you know the scheduled size for the "C" windows on the Observation Deck? Are they little windows or floor to ceiling, or do they even know?

Do you know the scheduled size for the "C" windows on the Observation Deck? Are they little windows or floor to ceiling, or do they even know?

According to THIS photo, it's the rectangular windows, not the floor to ceiling windows:

photo-Deck4-Bridge.jpg

The latest deckplans on HAL's website have been changed to reflect the "little scalloped balconies."

Old plan-

eurodamsports1.jpg

New plan:-

eurodamsports2.jpg

Those are kind of neat too. But, I wonder if it would be noisy with the elevator traffic into the Crows Nest?

Those are kind of neat too. But, I wonder if it would be noisy with the elevator traffic into the Crows Nest?

I don't think so.

It's the same basic area as on the R-class ships, where they house the chaplains and guest entertainers. The cabins are nice and the sound-proofing is really quiet good. Yes, from time to time I could hear stuff ... but it wasn't bad.

The motion is more, being that far forward and that high up ... but that made for a fun time. :)

Here's the same area on an R-class ship. Note the proximity of the Chaplain, lecturer, and guest entertainer cabins to the elevators and crows nest.

rotterdamsports1.jpg

I've stayed in the 5th-back outside cabin on the port side and, once, in the 2nd-back cabin on the starboard side. On the starboard side the cabins are about the same size as the inside portion of a A/B Verandah Cabin ... very nice ... and are usually given to guest entertainers and/or other visiting HAL executives. If they're vacant, however, they sometimes let the chaplains stay there ... unless there's vacancies in inside/outside cabins elsewhere board ship, in which case we can stay in passenger country. The normal Chaplain cabins are on the port side, and these are a little smaller than the passenger inside cabins on the R-class ships, but they're not any smaller than most of the inside cabins on the Vistas or the old N-class ships. For one person they're perfect. Especially-so, given that I'm aboard ship for "free" (when serving as Chaplain). :)

In that area I was never much bothered by noise, even when the party was "hopping" in the crows nest. Of course ... I was AT the party, so that might be part of the reason why it didn't bother me!! :D

In short, I just don't see those T-category cabins having any trouble with noise. And, given how close one is to a great view from the Crows Nest and the Explorations Cafe ... I think it would be a NICE place to stay. If one can afford it.

Here's the same area on an R-class ship. Note the proximity of the Chaplain, lecturer, and guest entertainer cabins to the elevators and crows nest.

rotterdamsports1.jpg

In short, I just don't see those T-category cabins having any trouble with noise. And, given how close one is to a great view from the Crows Nest and the Explorations Cafe ... I think it would be a NICE place to stay. If one can afford it.

I think they'd be nice too Greg - much less than the cost of the SA - but the kids don't really care that much about the SA perks anyway... I'm going to get a quote on one of them and see. Thanks for all the info - I was royally confused and now I'm not. :)

Archived