Scuba Dive ?

Hi- DH wants to scuba dive on our February cruise. Which would be a better place for him to scuba dive, St. Thomas or St. Martin? Thanks!

Never dived in St Martin but we did dive in St Thomas and it was GREAT! We did 2 beach dives with Coki Beach Dive Shop, they were very good and I would absolutely use them again. Here is a link, if you look at the bottom they have a section just for cruise ship passengers:

http://www.cokidive.com/about_us.htm

Also, the Scuba/Snorkel section of Cruise Critic is full of great info, here is that link:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40

Have a GREAT cruise and safe diving!

Hi- DH wants to scuba dive on our February cruise. Which would be a better place for him to scuba dive, St. Thomas or St. Martin? Thanks!

I have dived at St. Thomas and St. Maarten. If you aren't aware, St. Martin is the french side of the island and St. Maarten is the dutch side. I cannot speak for St. Martin, I have not been there. We did a two tank boat dive at both locations and they were equally great. I would sugeest looking at the other shore excursions that interest you at both ports and see where he would rather dive (and miss other excursions) Generally after a two tank dive, there is not a lot of time left to do other things, maybe a little shopping before getting back on the ship.

I've dove on both and found both to be good for SCUBA. I prefer doing so on St. Thomas and have done so for at least the last 3 visits there because you can dive in the morning and still have enough time to have lunch on the ship and shop a bit in the afternoon. RC uses Underwater Safari, who are located right at Havensight and goes to Buck Is., a 20 minute boat ride away. They don't need to reposition the boat between dives since there is a very nice reef on one side of the mooring and a wreck dive site on the other. There is more to do and see on St. Maarten/St. Martin so we prefer to use whole day there for our non diving adventures.

Archived