Montevideo- immigration and customs facilities?

amusea

I have booked an Antarctic cruise from BA on the Star Princess in February but I must disembark the ship one day before the cruise ends so that I can return to BA on the ferry and catch my plane back to the USA. Does anyone know whether the cruise terminal in Montevideo has facilities for disembarking passengers? I know the ferry terminal has such facilities and there are no visa requirements for Americans going to Uruguay but unless I am allowed off the ship in Montevideo I will have to cancel the cruise.

Call your Princess or your travel agent, they may be able to arrange for you to get off in Montevideo. Are you on the Feb 19th cruise out of BA, we are on that cruise. There is a thread for that cruise.

Travel agent is having a hard time with Princess. They request fax and will provide an answer at some future time but I must confirm return Bus. Class tix (with FF) by Friday.

I will hold off on the Roll Call until I am sure. I reserved a guarantee today and I have until Friday to deposit.

This is an extension of three other cruises that come just before the Antarctic - 64 day HAL to Far East and Australia (Sept. - Nov.) - 7 day Caribbean on RCI (Jan.) and 12 day Rio (for Carnaval) to BA on Infinity which docks in BA on Feb. 15. Just now thought of extending to the Antarctic. If it doesn't pan out I'll rebook for 2009.

The Feb. 19 Star Princess cruise is a perfect link from a schedule standpoint except it arrives in BA one day too late. No other FF Bus. class dates available on DL in March!

I too would want this to be confirmed and pronto before I made any new arrangements.

I thought all the Antarctica cruises were done in December/January as the weather down south starts to change in February. I know that there is a very small window of opportunity to visit Antarctica each summer (southern hemisphere) and I believed that Feb was just too late. If I were going, I would certainly be packing lots of layers. We were there at the beginning of January and had perfect weather but going down towards the end of February is an entirely different matter.

Jennie

Archived