Summit to Hawaii/CC rooms big enough for 3?

Maywood4now

After the recent unexpected death of my husband, my mother and sister and I are taking a much needed r/r to Hawaii in October. We got a pretty good rate on a CC room (#9067) but wonder if the room is large enough for 3 to be comfortable. I have sailed with Celebrity before but in a Sky suite. Also I noted that the door is different, not sliding glass as with the other rooms. Does that compromise the view? We are glad to get anything as the ship is pretty full. This rate came up as a "senior" discount so I guess it pays to get older!

Thank you for any advice you have to make the trip more relaxing. I am excited to cruise on Celebrity as we usually go Holland America but have found their regulars are a little too old for our taste. Hope to find a better mix on the Summit.

First off my condolences for your loss.

I have only traveled in a CC class with a 15 month old and again when she was 2.5 years old. So there was plenty of room. I think the hardest thing to deal with is waiting for a bathroom with three women in a room. ;) I think it really depends on you and your family. How much will you been in your room, how often will you be on the balcony? I think it is doable because really all rooms look alike when you are sleeping.

I hope you have a great time and again sorry for your loss.

My condolences.

I honestly think a CC cabin is way too small for three adults. On a 14 day round trip, you're not going to have nearly enough space for all your clothing. The closet is barely big enough for two on a longer cruise. And the drawer space is tight also. Since those cabins are so small, you might think you could live out of your suitcases for 2 weeks in order to avoid the storage problem, but it would be impossible to live out of a suitcase because there's not enough room to store your bags for 14 days. And then there's the whole bathroom issue. Again, for three adult women, it's just not enough room.

We got a pretty good rate on a CC room (#9067) but wonder if the room is large enough for 3 to be comfortable. I have sailed with Celebrity before but in a Sky suite. Also I noted that the door is different, not sliding glass as with the other rooms. Does that compromise the view?

Your CC cabin (9067) should have a floor to ceiling sliding glass door to the balcony.

We were on Century in CC class. For 2 adults it was fine - plenty of storage, bathroom was certainly adequate. But we were only on a 5 nighter. If you are on a 14 night cruise, three ladies in a cabin, it WILL be a tight squeeze.

I hope your cruise is a source of comfort and refreshment for you, and that you can set aside your sorrows for a bit.

Please accept my Sympathy for the loss of your husband.

You should go on the Cruise with your Mother and Sister.

You will Enjoy being with them, I think being with your Family

is Very Important Now!!!! Spending time away from home will

be good for you, Especially with your Mom and Sister.

Who cares about not having enough storage??? You can have

a system for the bathroom, You get it 1st...Just Kidding.

Take the over the door holder for holding clothes on hangers,

Maybe it will work somewhere in the cabin???

I'm sure you can work out the cabin size for the 3 of you.

Of course, a suite would be bigger but more costly.

Saving money means more money for another cruise.

On October 26 sailing on The Summit, we also have 3 in a cabin.

My mother and my Friend that I met on Cruise Critic in 2003,

we go every year on a cruise together. Usually my Friend has

her husband or daughter, and we shared a Cabin when we

cruised from Barcelona. We Always have So MUCH FUN!!!!!

We have a 2B with the Senior rates, nice for myself and friend that

Mom is a Senior for the rates.

Don't let the others talk you out of having time with your Family.

Donna

P.S. Last year Mother & Myself had a D-1 cabin on Royal Caribbean

for a B2B Cruise. 1st week, just Mom and Me~2nd week, my Friend

from my area joined us. We made it just fine.

We would All be laughing at the same time.

After the recent unexpected death of my husband, my mother and sister and I are taking a much needed r/r to Hawaii in October.

My condolences on the loss of your husband. It should be a help to you to cruise with your mother and sister.

We got a pretty good rate on a CC room (#9067) but wonder if the room is large enough for 3 to be comfortable.

The cabin is 191 sq feet with a 41 sq ft balcony. Has a queen size bed (can be seperated) and a sofabed. Here is a suggestion. The women's locker room on deck 10 forward by the Thalassotherapy pool has 3 nice, large showers, 3 toilets, a sink, mirror, towels, shampoo and bath gel. You and your sister could use those facilities while mom uses the one in cabin. Being on deck 9, you can get up there quickly by using forward elevator/stairs which is right at the locker room entrance.

Also I noted that the door is different, not sliding glass as with the other rooms.

As noted in post above it is a normal sliding floor to ceiling balcony door.

We are glad to get anything as the ship is pretty full.......Thank you for any advice you have to make the trip more relaxing.

Hope you can use this information to have a wonderful, peaceful and relaxing fourteen days to/from Hawaii.

Donna, you said "Don't let the others talk you out of having time with your Family."

Where on earth did you get that impression? Look at the title of her post!!! None of us are talking her out of spending time with her family. She asked for info on whether a CC cabin would be a good fit, that's all.

My opinion is just that - an opinion. She's already made up her mind to go on the cruise. Yes, three will fit in the cabin, but it may be tight.

Sheesh.

PS. My 1st husband also died unexpectedly. I know better than most the need to surround oneself with the love and comfort of family.

Archived