Fish

While on our 8/12/07 Mariner cruise when docked at Grand Caymen, there was someone fishing from the back of the ship. They actually caught a fish and brought it onboard. My wife teased that it was probably dinner. I imagine is was a crew member enjoying his/her day.

Bill

The four guys at the bow in this photo are crew members that were fishing at night........about 11 pm......:)

2086060290096454513S600x600Q85.jpg

I ask becasue farmed fish is disgusting plus it aids at killing the wild fish, ex. salmon.

Propeller chopped fish, well you could get a multitude of different fish, maybe even a whale.

Hmmmm, Let's see....Farmed fish kills wild fish vs Wild fish, caught, killed, and eaten by multitudes of human beings=wild fish are still dead fish:D

Hmmmm, Let's see....Farmed fish kills wild fish vs Wild fish, caught, killed, and eaten by multitudes of human beings=wild fish are still dead fish:D

Yes, if the netting or whatever they use to contain the farmed fish (they are not really fed the same as fish in the wild either) breaks or any farmed fish get out they can cause harm or death to the wild species. I have watched nature films on this and it's been proven. It's great that they can farm fish since we do need more than available. It's just that today the farming system destroys the natural habitat. I know they are all dead in the end, I don't think that was the point the previous poster was trying to make.

I started a fish farm this spring and it did not go well.... the OP has a point.

Every single fish I planted failed to grow.... in fact the whole field began to smell and attracted sea gulls by the dozens...

:rolleyes:

Yes, if the netting or whatever they use to contain the farmed fish (they are not really fed the same as fish in the wild either) breaks or any farmed fish get out they can cause harm or death to the wild species. I have watched nature films on this and it's been proven. It's great that they can farm fish since we do need more than available. It's just that today the farming system destroys the natural habitat. I know they are all dead in the end, I don't think that was the point the previous poster was trying to make.

Be careful what you're saying. The above is PARTIALLY true IF you're talking about salmon. Other fish besides salmon are farmed, however. Catfish is a true success story along with tilapia. Farming these two species of fish has provided A LOT of fish for people to eat where it was previously unavailable and it has caused little to no harm to native fish and the environment.

I started a fish farm this spring and it did not go well.... the OP has a point.

Every single fish I planted failed to grow.... in fact the whole field began to smell and attracted sea gulls by the dozens...

:rolleyes:

Maybe you planted them wrong. They're supposed to go in the ground tail-side down. Try again next year :D

Be careful what you're saying. The above is PARTIALLY true IF you're talking about salmon. Other fish besides salmon are farmed, however. Catfish is a true success story along with tilapia. Farming these two species of fish has provided A LOT of fish for people to eat where it was previously unavailable and it has caused little to no harm to native fish and the environment.

Yeah, I lived in Mississippi a few years back and saw a bunch of catfish farms that were all self-contained. There were no places for the fish to go if they got out of their ponds, unless they managed to grow legs and lungs.

Archived