Princess wins customer service notice!!!

WK-Orlando

I got a link to this from one of my travel newsletters listing the worst companies in the travel industy to deal with...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20322844/

Basically says the same thing I have for years. Princess can be a great ride as long as you never need customer service from the company. Once something goes wrong, you are on your own and don't ever expect to get a refund for anything...

We still sail Princess, but I have learned to work through a large travel agency and to avoid direct contact with the company at all cost...

I think the article says it well.

The company’s attitude often seems to be dismissive.

When this gets corrected then I think we will all be a lot happier with Princess.

Basically says the same thing I have for years. Princess can be a great ride as long as you never need customer service from the company. Once something goes wrong, you are on your own and don't ever expect to get a refund for anything...

We still sail Princess, but I have learned to work through a large travel agency and to avoid direct contact with the company at all cost...

Now this is something I have to dispute.

Last December, we sailed on the Sea Princess when it was having problems. We had an aft mini suite and the vibration aft was UNDECRIBABLE! I enquired onboard and was told there was nothing out of the ordinary going on, HUH?

Flash forward to April when we cruised in a full aft suite on the Dawn Princess. Beautiful cabin, no vibration, and everything was normal.

When I returned home, actually it was about 4 weeks later, I dropped a note to Princess. Not a long letter of complaint, but just a note. It told how we now had something to compare these Sun Class aft cabins with. That we found nothing like what we endured on the Sea when sailing on the Dawn. That we would love to sail the Sea Princess itineary out of Barbados, but would like assurance that the problems we had were corrected before we even considered booking it.

Less than four weeks later I received a kind letter from Princess. A long apology for any problems we ran into on the Sea and a HUGE cruise credit towards our next sailing.

So, customer service is still alive and well and living at Princess. But you have to realize the problem has to be a big one for them to offer any reimbursement to the passenger. So many knit pic and complain about small things that they really have to weigh the problem to see if it warrants any type of refund or cruise credit.

I personally would have been satisfied with half of what they returned to us, but was thrilled to find out that Princess can still realize when there is an actual complaint and not just somebody wanting something for nothing.

And especially so long after the cruise was over, 5 months later.

I would agree with the article after the events I have gone through in the past few weeks. I was just told by Princess and I quote " They are not responsible for misbookings." I find that unbelieveable given the fact they booked the stateroom for me. I booked a confirmed oceanview cabin--received my booking number and confirmation paperwork from them at 9 pm at night. At 9:30 am the next morning my oceanview cabin had been replaced with an inside cabin. Given the fact I booked a midship cabin I was a bit upset when I was told that my cabin was gone. No one has or will do anything to correct the fact that they booked a cabin and then changed it to a lesser inside cabin. Then to fix the error I was assigned a gty cabin, which to me is less because I wanted mid ship. I was just assigned a cabin in the same category 15 cabins further back than I had booked--nowhere near mid-ship. Their answer was--just simply--"We are not responsible for misbookings"---So I guess if a Princess Customer Service rep books your cruise for you they are not responsible when they make a mistake by moving your cabin or even changing the category while you are sleeping---nice to know.

I got a link to this from one of my travel newsletters listing the worst companies in the travel industy to deal with...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20322844/

I have nothing but good things to say about Princess. On our first cruise on board the Dawn Princess, we missed the Princess Cays and the Cayman Islands becasue of poor weather. Princess came though and gave us back almost half of our cruise fare as onboard credit. On our last cruise onboard the Crown we missed our transfer to the airport because of a mix up. Back home I wrote them a letter and without even asking for any receipts, we were re-imbursed the charges. Our problems are probaly minor compared to others but persistence usually pays off.

I honestly believe it's how a person approaches them. If a person calls or writes with an "attitude" then your not going to get very far.

From all i've every read on these threads, it seems the people that write or phone about their concerns seem to get treated very well by Princess.

the ones that phone and demand something, seem to get pushed to the bottom of the pile.

I know on our recent Hawaii cruise, I had great service at the Purser's desk. But one day I was chatting to a girl and another women came up and demanded that her cabin be changed, because it was backing onto the "pushout" mini suites on Caribe.

She hadn't paid for that and she wanted a better cabin!!! I calmly mentioned that we had had that cabin on the Coral for our Panama Canal cruise and it was a great cabin. That wall kind of blocked the wind somedays. She wasn't happy and demanded to see a "higher" up person.

1 hr later I'm walking by the Purser's desk and she is still there badgering the poor people behind the desk. I'm sure she didn't get her cabin changes:rolleyes:

Archived