Anybody Having Trouble Getting Their C & A Credits After A Cruise?

Hello Everyone:

I have recently taken 2 RCI cruises but I have yet to receive my credits. I have called and written to RCI but all they say is that they are having trouble with a new computer system. I am owed 2 credits and the way that it is going I have a feeling that my upcoming Sept. cruise will probably take a long time to show up and it will make me Diamond. This issue sure is not convincing me to remain loyal to RCI when other cruise lines are posting cruise credits soon after the cruise if not immediately after. Anyone else having this problem? Have you been able to do anything to resolve this?

Thanks to everyone for their input.

RCCl has been having problems with the website for a few months now but C & A does have your correct information in thier computer. Just call C & A and they will apply your discount for your next cruise and make sure you get the benefits you are entitled to. It sounds like you will not be diamond until after your Sept. cruise but you will be entitled to Platinum benefits while on the cruise and your next cruise will be as diamond. Just call C & A and they will make sure you are all set. :)

Having the same problems. We should have been upgraded to platinum status after our 5/07 MOS cruise. We are going on the Liberty in 2 weeks and still show on the website "gold". I called C&A and they told me that they can't force the system until 3 months have passed. Some other posters have had the c&a rep do it over the phone.

I did call the reservations department and had them notify the ship that we are platinum. I also got an email; which I will bring with me.

My thoughts are if their website is not working correctly then make the customer happy and manually change the status.

I will check again before we leave but I don't understand why it seems to work different for different people.

Good luck with the credits. We are having the same problem. We are 5 credits behind, but were informed that they would notify the ship we will be on next of our actual count. I certainly hope so as it makes a big difference in the perks we get.

They have been working on this computer problem for many months. Can't be much of a system if it takes that long!!!1 Go back to the old one.

Mocorobabe

I can understand computer issues, a phone call will probably suffice to ensure you get your credit before your upcoming cruise. I do know the information is there...I cruised with RCI in '90 & '93 and didn't cruise again until 2005, the C&A credits were still on file. :)

Ditto.....it's been an ongoing problem for months... my cruise total is showing 2 credits short but when I called C&A it's correct in their files. To me that is more important than what shows on the webpage.....still frustrating though!

Many thanks to all that have replied. I was beginning to think if I was alone. I find it very odd that they have such a problem ongoing for several months with the techonology that we have today. I do not have these problems with Princess, Cunard, or Celebrity. They need to address it anf fix it.

YES!! I have been having a heck of a time with our kids' sailings AND ours! Nothing is updated on their website at all. I've called the C&A Desk many times and they assure me that our cruise count is correct in their computers, just not online.

Every time they tell me to just wait "at least a month" and it'll be corrected. I did. It wasn't.

The next time, they said, "give it 2 more weeks and it'll be fixed". I did. It wasn't.

It's now 2 months after our most recent cruise and yep, you guessed it. It's not fixed still. ARGH! :mad:

Mine is messed up, too. My last cruise shows up qualifying on the cruise history, but on the other page it only shows 3 cruises instead of 4. Also on the cruise history page, it shows 2 other cruises that "didn't qualify", but they aren't even cruises I've been on!!! I also have a cruised booked and it says "no future cruises booked" or something like that. I know I must call them, but I'm just not up for the hassle right now. My next cruise isn't till June and my status won't change until after that one.(Unless they give me credit for thse 2 "other" cruises!! LOL

I did call C&A and she manually did it so I have the correct cruise amount.

When I pull down my cruise history it is all there and correct just not showing the correct amount on the main window. In talking with one the C&A rep she was just as frustrated that the system is not working correctly and they have no idea when the system will be fixed. I wonder if it is one on those computer systems you have to kick to make it work correctly or is the IT person is somehow related to the upgrade fairy you know never there

Archived