Where does the Sun go?

Lisa&Neb

I've been looking at the different threads stating that the Sun is changing from Costa Maya to Cozumel. Where did you get this info from? I've been to the NCL website not that long ago and our sailing is still scheduled for Costa Maya. We are sailing on March 8'08.

I've been looking at the different threads stating that the Sun is changing from Costa Maya to Cozumel. Where did you get this info from? I've been to the NCL website not that long ago and our sailing is still scheduled for Costa Maya. We are sailing on March 8'08.

I highly doubt that itineraries for march of 08 have been changed yet. It's way too far out to make that call yet. For all they know, Costa Maya might be back in service by March of 08.

The Costa Maya question has nothing to do with the hurricane. I've been following another post and they have mentioned that the itinery has already been altered. I called NCL this morning and they still have Costa Maya as one of our stops.

The Costa Maya question has nothing to do with the hurricane. I've been following another post and they have mentioned that the itinery has already been altered. I called NCL this morning and they still have Costa Maya as one of our stops.

Which ship and what week is your cruise?

NCL Sun, March 8 '08

Per NCL's web site today, the Sun has the following itinerary on these dates.

2007: October 27; November 3, 10, 17, 24; December 29

2008: January 19, 26; February 2, 9, 16, 23; March 1, 8, 15, 22, 29; April 5, 12

Sat Miami - 4:00 PM

Sun At Sea - -

Mon Roatan 8:00 AM 5:00 PM

Tue Belize City 8:00 AM 5:00 PM

Wed Costa Maya 8:00 AM 5:00 PM

Thu At Sea - -

Fri Great Stirrup Cay 10:00 AM 6:00 PM

Sat Miami 8:00 AM -

On these dates, the Sun has the following itinerary:

2007: December 1, 8, 15, 22

2008: January 5, 12

Sat Miami - 4:00 PM

Sun At Sea - -

Mon Roatan 8:00 AM 5:00 PM

Tue Belize City 8:00 AM 5:00 PM

Wed Cozumel 8:00 AM 5:00 PM

Thu At Sea - -

Fri Great Stirrup Cay 9:00 AM 6:00 PM

Sat Miami 8:00 AM -

And yes, itineraries can change for no reason at all.

right now the website is still showing costa maya... i wouldn't mind cozumel, although my DH would. i found an awesome watch i want there, and i'm sure he'd be afraid i'd buy it if we go back!

The Sun is/was scheduled for Costa Maya for Oct. 24th. This is part of the Panama Canal cruise. As of right now they have not announced which port will replace it. I am on this cruise and figure we won't find out anything till we get on the ship.

They can't replace it with Belize or Roatan as we are already scheduled for those ports. I'm betting it will be Cozumel but hoping it will be a different port. If I get a notice from NCL I will let you know which port they are sending us too.

We are on the Panama Canal repo in October also. There website still lists Costa Maya for our cruise. I understand the piers have been bably damaged, but they might still tinder us in. I hope so. Never been to Costa Maya, but been to Cozumel 3 times.

Charles

Any answer you get regarding a March 2008 cruise is worth about... well about nothing. That is too far off. Things change rapidly in this business. Just ask the people on the Bermuda cruise that thought they were going to be in NYC on Sunday - WRONG!

Not slamming NCL - just pointing out that things change.

March 08 -The Sun was scheduled for Costa Maya

Dec 07 and Jan 08 - The Sun is Scheduled for Cozumel instead of Cozumel.

I was confused by the two different Sun Schedules until I checked out the dates more carefully.

Chances are though, that all the itineraries might be to Cozumel.

Not sure if you all have been following the news on Costa Maya, but there is basically nothing left to that port. It was completely devastated by Hurricane Dean. The pier won't be operational for at least six months, and tendering is not an option. Even if it were, there is nothing to see once you get there. It's all gone. Even if you aren't due to arrive until mid-2008, I can't imagine that region will be on its feet that soon.

Archived