Latest Daily Poll

chefchick

I do apologize if this has been discussed already, but I am the only one shocked by this latest poll? 43% would want Motel 6 to be the hotel chain that launches a cruise ship? Is that supposed to be a joke or is money the ONLY determining factor when choosing a cruise line? I will admit, I fly Southwest quite a bit because often I can get the best fare, but I also have never had any problems with them service wise. If they were never on time or gave me worse service than I can find full fare, then I probably wouldn't choose them.

Again, am I missing something? I feel a little like I am taking this too seriously, and maybe you all KNOW the daily poll is supposed to be a joke?

Enlighten me. I thought cruising was supposed to be about relaxing, maybe pampering yourself a little and sometimes you do find a good deal, but has it just become a cheap vacation that allows passengers free baby-sitting and a way to drink a lot and not have to drive home? :confused:

I do apologize if this has been discussed already, but I am the only one shocked by this latest poll? 43% would want Motel 6 to be the hotel chain that launches a cruise ship? Is that supposed to be a joke or is money the ONLY determining factor when choosing a cruise line? I will admit, I fly Southwest quite a bit because often I can get the best fare, but I also have never had any problems with them service wise. If they were never on time or gave me worse service than I can find full fare, then I probably wouldn't choose them.

Again, am I missing something? I feel a little like I am taking this too seriously, and maybe you all KNOW the daily poll is supposed to be a joke?

Enlighten me. I thought cruising was supposed to be about relaxing, maybe pampering yourself a little and sometimes you do find a good deal, but has it just become a cheap vacation that allows passengers free baby-sitting and a way to drink a lot and not have to drive home? :confused:

It is a possibility that most that answered are those who take 3-5 day cruises and all they care about is getting intoxicated and partying. Hence, these people have never heard of W or Ritz Hotels.

OH Lord. Would they have the vibrating beds you have to put quarters in?

Okay, I put myself through college (the first time) by working as a maid at Motel 6 and I can tell you that we got all kinds, ALL KINDS, of folks there. Many were motivated by the cost, but not everyone.

That being said, the hotel was launched under the premise that it could provide the basic necessities for $6 a night for a single. Okay, our Motel 6 here in Stockton advertises a single room for $45 a night. I'm not seeing the cost effective side of Motel 6 any longer.

I did not vote in that poll, but we would not be going with a Motel 6, even if it was the 'cruise hotel'. All the ones that Princess chooses for us are ***** and that's perfectly okay with us. We just figure the cost in as part of the cruise and enjoy ourselves. We would rather take one cruise a year and really treat ourselves than take five and penny pinch along the way - JMHO, of course.

Charlie

Im at a Super 8, I reserved ahead of time. Wasnt that supposed to be a $8 motel originally? It looks pretty nice to me....and Im paying a rate of $54 plus tax, about $60 a night just to sleep when Im on the road. Driving to port and back.

I think some of these hotels that used to be cheap have come way up in what they offer and their rooms are now rated better than say Ramada which Iv been warned away from.

The other super 8 in the same town wants $120 a night :(

The $54 a night was a senior rate they gave me, otherwise it would have cost even more. I dont think these hotels are so cheap anymore....Im 56, but feel old because I do remember these hotels starting off at $6 and $8.

I missed the poll.....but tend to skip over silly polls.

Archived