Our First Cunarder

Wadadli1

Have a wonderful time Angela; how could you do anything else?

Look forward to hearing about it when you get back.

Mary

Unlike you, Mary, I don't get to take a single cat along--it will be just little old me and the Clever-meister. And, of course, the other half-hundred CC'ers who are signed up for this trip. Hope there's room for everyone in the Commodore Club. ;)

Now I'm worried you'll be disappointed!

Enjoy yourselves!

Matthew

No no no! I was just surprised you suggested steak, that's all. The W=A really has the trick with the cheese and the bearnaise sauce.

Just a few more hours to go. And I have to say it was harder deciding what to wear during the day than during the evening!

Huge. Although she shrinks after a while. She makes more sense than you think at first blush.

Enjoy yourselves!

Matthew

Matthew, I've got one more question--are one of those little travel sewing kits provided in the cabin? And don't say that's what the butler is for. :p

Matthew, I've got one more question--are one of those little travel sewing kits provided in the cabin? And don't say that's what the butler is for. :p

No idea. They're for women....

(Seriously, yes, and it has only one safety pin)

Matthew

(feeling brave!)

Actually, I'm having doubts about this. Although we've definitely had them on QE2. Perhaps a Grill only thing - remember I was in steerage on the QM2.

Matthew

No idea. They're for women....

(Seriously, yes, and it has only one safety pin)

Matthew

(feeling brave!)

lol. Of course they are, there's only one safety pin! If they were for men it would be just a boxfull of them.

What you will need to do is make your way to the booking office and sign your life over to Cunard.:D

Have a wonderful, wonderful time! Look after my ship please.

I don't think either will be a problem, Lex. :p

Sign my life over to Cunard--check.

Watch after your ship--check.

;)

Angela,

HAVE A LOVELY TIME! (I had to shout that, to make sure you heard it over the pond!)

Are you taking Hyacinth for a taster of her future?

James

MUZ!

How did you know that we've got Hyacinth as a double secret 3rd passenger in our cabin? She promises to behave, as best she can. :cool:

Thank you. It's a lovely pond, isn't it? I'm hoping to see some of those waves, too. I'll bring the snorkle stuff.

Angela,

I do not recall seeing these on the QM2. They do provide soap, shower gel, shampoo, conditioner, lotion, and shower caps.

Beth

I asked because I was afraid I'd forget my own little sewing kit. I've since remembered and it's packed, so the only thing I need now is the Men's kit, filled to the brim with safety pins. ;)

I like the gracious offerings that are provided--only thing I make sure to bring is the hair conditioner, because I've got lots of hair and so that can go fast.

We're packed up and all we have to do now is sleep and work a bit until it's time to catch the train to town. Yay!

I like the gracious offerings that are provided--only thing I make sure to bring is the hair conditioner, because I've got lots of hair and so that can go fast.

They will replace the products as often as needed and you can ask for extra.

Have a fabulous time!!!

Beth

Hi Angela,

have a wonderful journey, even if its just four days, it´s just great to get away- let them spoil and pamper you! I was on the QE2 for 3 days, just to get the idea. Can´t wait for cruise in January!

Let us know all the secrets when you get back.

Greetings and bon voyage!

Michael ( still envious)

Hi Angela,

have a wonderful journey, even if its just four days, it´s just great to get away- let them spoil and pamper you! I was on the QE2 for 3 days, just to get the idea. Can´t wait for cruise in January!

Let us know all the secrets when you get back.

Greetings and bon voyage!

Michael ( still envious)

Michael,

I've got a Hello Kitty notebook specifically saved for note-taking, so we'll do our best to make note of any secrets and pass them on. You watch, our trip to the Caribbean will be in no time. :)

Yes, it's going to be great just to get away, and we will do our best to let them take care of us in their wonderful style.

They will replace the products as often as needed and you can ask for extra.

Have a fabulous time!!!

Beth

Hey, if we ask for enough extra we can send some away to the boys away at university...they especially love the little soaps...:D

Ok, sooner we go to bed the sooner it's tomorrow and the sooner we leave. Good night and see you! Thanks!

lol. Of course they are, there's only one safety pin! If they were for men it would be just a boxfull of them.

They used to. I have a couple of cunard branded ones. Try asking your steward for one!

I asked because I was afraid I'd forget my own little sewing kit. I've since remembered and it's packed, so the only thing I need now is the Men's kit, filled to the brim with safety pins. ;)

We're packed up and all we have to do now is sleep and work a bit until it's time to catch the train to town. Yay!

I, also take conditioner. I use Aussie conditioner. My hair is down to my waist.

You are remembering to take the bucket, no?

Karie,

who went to see Jimmy Buffett tonight. his grandfather was from Nova Scotia

the only thing I need now is the Men's kit, filled to the brim with safety pins. ;)

Just ask your steward. He will make sure that you've more than sufficient of everything you need. (Likewise for shampoo and conditioner - they will top it up as soon as you use it).

PS...Matthew is right...dont drink the Pol Acker...drink your mouthwash instead if you're really that thirsty!!! Trust me, it will taste better..:rolleyes:

Cheers, Penny

Penny’s Affair to Remember QM2 Review

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=471053

November 10,2007...the “Affair” continues....

...or, at least, adaptation.

The Pol Acker is 1) good for giving to friends (or cabin Stewards) and 2) good enough to mix with orange juice (available on deck 7) in the morning.

:D

Archived