Which is the nicest Princess ship?

Janiekins

Thinking of taking a cruise to Alaska in 2008 and sailing on Princess cruise line. Which ship is considered to be the nicest and newest ship?

Janiekins,

That's a very difficult question to answer as I find that ships (like itineraries and food) are highly subjective.

Some people like a smaller more intimate ship like the Pacific/Royal others want all the bells and whistles of the Diamond/Sapphire.

I personally love the Dawn/Sea/Sun but realize that others don't like the "old style" balconies yet other dislike the newer "open" balconies on the Coral/Island.

Princess' ships are all quite new and very well maintained and I would sail on any of the ships that Princess places in Alaska in a heartbeat.

That said, I have sailed most of these classes and have a online photo album (see link below) maybe looking at different ships will help you decide.

I would be more apt to choose the itinerary and date I'd prefer and then see which ships are available.

To answer you question about newest ship - the Diamond/Sapphire/Coral and Island are the newest of Princess' ships in Alaska at present.

Tough question.

Personally, I think Coral & Island perhaps the nicest ships for Alaska (or the Panama).

If you want to "spring for" a mini, it is pretty hard to beat the minis on the Sun class ships.

The Pacific Princess, a small one, is also a winner.

Thinking of taking a cruise to Alaska in 2008 and sailing on Princess cruise line. Which ship is considered to be the nicest and newest ship?
What are your ship choices?

Nicest is subjective. Newest as in freshness can be easily answered knowing which ships you are considering.

As a side note. You inquire about nicest and newest. What are your concerns?

Nice? NICE!!! All the Princess ships are nice. Why do you think the newest will be the best?:confused: Usually it takes a while for a new crew to get it together and fix the little things on a very new ship. I'd rather be on a proven ship with an experienced crew.

Since you mentioned going to Alaska my first choice would be the Coral/Island. it is just the right size(1950 passenger), easy ship to get around, and personally my favorite.:D Been on her twice and in fact next year we will be doing a B2B2B on her to Alaska.

Marilyn

Is it better to go with one of the smaller ships such as the Coral/Island or is going on one of the bigger ships such as the Diamond equally as good in terms of seeing Alaska and the scenery as you cruise?

No it really does not make any difference in seeing Alaska and the scenery; I just enjoy the size of the Coral/Island better. I have been on the Sapphire and will be on the Diamond in two months in Hawaii and they are nice enough ships but they are big. So really it is totally up to you what you want from a ship. The scenery will still be the same. Enjoy alaska.

marilyn

Archived