info on golden and long beach airport

leeuwarden

we have decided on the golden on dec-1, we live in N.cal and are planning to take jet blue to long beach instead of arriving at LA airport. Does anyone have any info about travel from long beach airport to the cruise terminal, and this is the first time on the golden for us, (we mostly go on the dawn), so any info is welcome about the Golden.

I don't know about the ship terminal in LA, but we did do the Golden in June to Alaska. The ship is beautiful, the pools were great, the entertainment ok, the food was great, and we had a great time! We had a mini-suite that was very nice, clean, and lots of storage. When we do the Panama Canal next summer, we will be flying into Orange County, then somehow getting to the LA port from Anaheim. I'm still researching that part. Have a great time on the Golden you will love it!:)

Can't comment on the Grand but the Long Beach airport is probably the easiest airport to fly into. It looks like an airport out of the 50's. The terminal is tiny. The luggage area is essentially outdoors with a covering. Transportation to the pier is a breeze by Taxi. I think it ran around $20. The cabs are all metered. No problem finding one, either.

Yes, Jet Blue into LGB is great. I use to live about 1 mile from this airport(grew up there). I still fly into LGB to visit. Prime Time shuttle, Super Shuttle, or a taxi(usually available at the airport waiting) is your best bet from this airport. Very small, friendly airport. It won't take you too long to get to the port(pier) from the airport, especially if you depart on a Saturday to the pier. If it is during the week it may take a little extra time with traffic.

I highly recommend JetBlue & Long Beach Airport. It is so much convenient & less crowded than LAX. I am from that area, but live in Sacramento and visit family every few months. I haven't flown Southwest in over a year since JetBlue started their service. Just as a FYI, Long Beach Airport is on the East End of Long Beach & San Pedro is west of Long Beach, hence the $20+ cab fare.

Archived