How to handle TA not giving all credit

ashtyn

We booked a crusie with an online TA and were told and have paperwork to support that we would ge 150.00 onboard credit for our cruise. Last week I sent them an email asking about the deposit and low and behold 25.00 per person appeared on my Princess account. I already have 50.00 per person form princess for my future cruise deposit that I left last year while on a cruise.

My question is, what is the best way to handle this? The cruise is already paid in full so I can't change agencies. I tried to talk to an agent today and she said "I will not discuss this with you". The supervisor is out of town until next week but I did send her an email and left a message on her voicemail.

Thanks for your help

We booked a crusie with an online TA and were told and have paperwork to support that we would ge 150.00 onboard credit for our cruise. Last week I sent them an email asking about the deposit and low and behold 25.00 per person appeared on my Princess account. I already have 50.00 per person form princess for my future cruise deposit that I left last year while on a cruise.

My question is, what is the best way to handle this? The cruise is already paid in full so I can't change agencies. I tried to talk to an agent today and she said "I will not discuss this with you". The supervisor is out of town until next week but I did send her an email and left a message on her voicemail.

Thanks for your help

I could be wrong, but I believe ship credits that are purchased or given by anyone other than Princess do not appear on the Princess site or documentation. There should be a card in your cabin at embarkation. Sam

I'd also like to know how others have handled this, as the friends we booked with are having the same problem. When we booked we were each supposed to get $250.00 OBC from the TA. Our paper states that we get that amount, their's doesn't and now the TA is giving them a hard time..........

Unless they have it in writing on their paperwork, or an advertisement, they may be out of luck. OBC given by a TA is just that, and if their documentation does not reflect it, they have very little to argue with. They should have dealt with this at the time of booking, when the very first quote was given....

I agree with samcorl about the Personalizer. The only credits that show up there are Princess issued credits...which may or may not be reflected in the TA paperwork. But the only way to ensure credit from the TA is to have the equivalent of a receipt from the TA saying that you are getting them.

Did any of you get the promise of credit in writing? an email? if so, then use that with either the TA's boss or Princess itself. It's a shame there are TA's who will play the game with clients and rob them whenever they get the chance.

And the agent that "will not discuss this with you" has some gall! Research the agency that he/she works for and go over their head. Another good way to get attention is to threaten to report them to the state they are in. I'm sure consumer affairs and the BBB would love to list them ;)

I had the same problem last year so I bet I know who you're dealing with. The only advantage I had was that the cruise wasn't paid for yet. I received an offer with some on "board credit" ($100pp) from a previous booking and when I attempted to book a new cruise, I produced my letter. After several weeks I started to figure out that the TA was giving me the run around stating that she wasn't sure if they could honor the letter because the price they quoted me was the lowest possible, I called the corporate office with a copy of their offer. Of course there was no response. After several additional attempts to contact them as well as the TA (with no avail), I just cancelled the booking. I actually found a better deal elsewhere and even though I didn't get the OBC, I felt better! Don't you just hate playing the stupid game???? I'm a "make me a deal and stick to it" kinda guy! Good luck, but I'm guessing don't count on it.

We have an OBC from our TA for $25pp for our upcoming cruise. I have this in writing on our TA's contract when we paid our cruise. This does not show up on the cruise personalizer. But, we also booked from a future cruise credit, and are supposed to get $75pp OBC since we paid our deposit on our last cruise. It also does not show on the cruise personalizer. I questioned our TA, and was told that Princess has the OBC listed and we will be entitled to them once we arrive. I sure hope she's not pulling my leg!!

The Cruise Personalizer will never show any SBC that an agent has purchased with their own commission.

That kind of a SBC will appear as a gift card in the cabin and on the passenger's shipboard account. All you have to do is go to the Purser's Desk and get a print-out of your account to see it.

Thanks for your help

Ashtyn, what EXACTLY does your paperwork say? Unless it specifies $150 from the TA in addition to your Princess credit, you may be out of luck. TA's can see the amount of Princess issued credit, and usually list that on the invoices and quotes. It does not mean that they will supply the credit.....so that $150 promise may have included the Princess FCC OBC.

Our receipt does state we have the $250 onboard credit and I did save a copy of the print out from the TA's website promoting the $250 OBC when we booked the cruise with our friends. We even changed from an October cruise that we had a hold on with the TA to this cruise because of this OBC and discussed this throughly with the TA, so it really infuriates us that now he is giving our friends a hard time.

My princess site shows that they deposited (?) 25.00 into each persons account on 8/28 after I sent them an email.

Your Princess personalizer WILL NOT show any credit given to you by your travel agent. Only credits from Princess will show up online at the Princess site. So, your TA has nothing to do with that credit showing up on your account on Princess.

Your Princess personalizer WILL NOT show any credit given to you by your travel agent. Only credits from Princess will show up online at the Princess site. So, your TA has nothing to do with that credit showing up on your account on Princess.

Then where did the mystery credit come from and why would it have appeared right after having sent them an email about it?:confused: :confused:

This is the first time I have been offered OBC from a TA and am not sure about it showing up.

Some agencies have group space and one of the perks they offer is OBC, and that will show up in the personalizer. It is already in the system when they book you :D

Seawyllow, I think on the group space OBC, that is technically issued by Princess, so that is why it shows up. The TA can decide how to use the group benefits, and if they choose OBC for everyone, then Princess issues it. If the TA decides to take the free room and lower the price, it does not. There are a zillion little variations on the group bookings.

OP could have received the $25 credit for group space, or it could have been that promo Princess issued for the 'missing brochures'. Either way, I agree with Toto that the $25 came from Princess, because it shows on the Personalizer.

Ashtyn, if the TA had your Princess Captain Circle number and/or your name and phone number, they would have known you had the FCC and OBC, even if you did not tell them. OTOH, if their promotion was advertised as $150 OBC for anyone, then they do owe that to you, but it will not show up on the Personalizer, it should just show on your invoice from the TA and then be there when you are onboard. It's curious that your agency won't discuss it with you, though. Most agents are more than happy to explain it.

Cruisewebber, good that you saved the promo. Now, assuming there are no fine print exclusions in that promo, send a copy/fax to your friends and the TA. Then have them friends call that TA up and say that if they don't honor their promise you and friends will cancel and book elsewhere. I assume this is for your 12/2 cruise in 78 days. That gives your TA a week to issue a statement/voucher/invoice stating that you and your friends both qualify and will both receive the $250 OBC. If they don't, then I would not keep the booking.

Ok thanks everyone for your answers, it is all starting to make sense now:D . This is why I never finished TA school and opted for RN instead, too many rules.:D I get it all now. I knew that there wou;d be someone here that could answer this situation for me. I hope it is there when we board the ship.

Thanks again:)

We've had the same experience as some others here--the promised TA extra OBC above the FCC amounts didn't show up on the Personalizer but DID appear on our shipboard account (which I checked shortly we got on board), just as the TA had promised.

Les

We have a $200 OBC. $150 from a future cruise credit booked as a deposit on our last year's cruise, and $50 as an OBC from our TA. Neither of these is showing on the cruise personalizer. When I questioned my TA about it, their response was:

I just double checked with Princess and you do have a total of $200 on

board credit. This does not show on the Princess personalizer. I do

have the fax from Princess showing your credit. I wish Princess would

change its web page because you are not the only one who asks this

question. I would ask the same thing.

The onboard credit will be on your shipboard account. Your reservation

has been linked to a group and the ammenities for that group from the

Cruise Line are the onboard credit. The Cruise Line will apply the

onboard credit to everyone in that group. There is nothing other that

the confirmation you received that will show the credit until you are

onboard.

So, should I be concerned?

Choochella:

Did you use two FCC's to book this cruise? If so, the OBC amount only shows on the primary person's booking summary, which is usually the husband. Is that you? Its a glitch, as your TA noted, with the way Princess' system operates when two FCC's are used on one room.

As for your credit given as part of a group, sounds as if that is being kicked back by the TA. So that would not show up either.

Given that you have the TA documentation, I would not worry.

Did you get a booking summary from your TA? That should show the OBC. I always double check my booking summary and also bring it along with me on the cruise. I have always had my OBC show up but just in case I have it. You should check as soon as you get onboard to verify OBC. It is easier to resolve early in the cruise rather than at the end. Hope your booking summary shows all your OBC.

CherylandTK, I did check my Circle account under my name, not my husband's. It does show an OBC of $75 for me, but shows nothing for my husband, although we each booked a future cruise. (paid a deposit of $200 last year) So, why would it show mine and not his? We should get $150, correct?

CherylandTK, I did check my Circle account under my name, not my husband's. It does show an OBC of $75 for me, but shows nothing for my husband, although we each booked a future cruise. (paid a deposit of $200 last year) So, why would it show mine and not his? We should get $150, correct?

Same thing has happened to us. I think this is because they will only apply the OBC for two to one of the FCC but only show the amount for one person. You don't really need to use two FCC to get the OBC for two. We always use one and add another $100 deposit when we book but always get the OBC for two. I agree Princess bookkeeping is very confusing. To add confusion there is now a page under the link for Printing the Booking Travel Summary and Boarding Pass that shows some OBC (but not all) from your TA along with other amenities given to you by your TA. The page is called Special Services. I think the only OBC that shows up there is whatever your TA has given you after the page was implemented. We booked a cruise many months ago and were given some OBC. Then our TA transfered the cruise from an old affiliated agency and gave us an additional $50 in OBC. Only the additional $50 is showing up on this new page. Very confusing!:confused: We've always had the OBC, that was promised, applied to our shipboard account but I'm taking my confirmation with me just in case.:rolleyes:

Sorry, I did not see your earlier question, but Cactusrose answered it quite well. :) For whatever reason, the Princess Circle accounts/Personalizer do not all show the credit when using two (or more) FCC's to book one room; only shows on that of first person booked into the room. But the first two people in the room DO get the credit and it does show up once onboard. Not to worry.

Archived