New Menus are on CB

sherman931

Just got off the Carribean Princess this AM. They have implemented the new menu on this cruise 9/9/07 - 9/16/07. I will provide more insight when I complete my review either late today or tomorrow.

However, IMHO, I do not think the change was significant, same food just dressed up and presented in different style.

BTW....loved the "Walk Off". Was assembled in the Island dining room at 7:15AM; off the ship by 7:30AM and home by 8:15AM. Life is good:D

As I said, more to come ASAP

If Sterling's and Sabatini's does such a booming business on Caribbean night you would think they would figure it out and revamp that nights menu. Oh well, at least I won't have to struggle deciding if I want to eat here or there, Sabatini's here we come!

Caribbean night is fabulous. That was one of my favorite menus. Try something new - if you don't like it, you can always get something else or snack at the buffet. It was a great menu! Kellie

I don't get it. Every one kills the Caribbean night menu. I thought the Flying fish app was fantabulous!!!

If anyone thinks this is really a Caribbean menu, think again. Of course, if you really got Caribbean food, most people would run the other way.

For me, 28 years in the , You guessed it, Caribbean...Pass the saltfish and "rice and pease", but of course, you won't find it on that menu. Braised liver, anyone????:cool:

I thought the Caribbean Night "new" menu was better than I remember the old Caribbean Night menu being -- and actually was a little disappointed about that! I had looked forward to an excuse for order Fettucini Alfredo, aka Heart Attack on a Plate, and but there were actually two entree options that looked appealing and would still enable me to fit into my bathing suit the next day. Can't remember which one I got, but it was quite good.

Based on the anecdotal evidence accrued from reading this website, I would say that the OPINION of a vast majority of those who actually post about C. Night is negative. However, given that we're only 1% of all cruisers, the other 99% might be lovin' it and that's why it won't go away. Anyway, if they didn't have Caribbean Night, that Island Deck Party would have no theme dining to hang its hat on.

I personally would like to see Russian Night in the dining rooms: caviar, blini, pelmeni, yummy salads, a vodka tasting menu . . . My mouth is watering.

How about some golubki with that? I know, it's Polish, but the Russians eat it too. :)

Oh, yum!! I remember having golubki in a restaurant outside Moscow. It was really good comfort food. Maybe the people who owned the place were Polish, because I never saw it anywhere in Moscow or St. Pete.

Also, Russian Night could feature Georgian food and wine -- we had some incredible Georgian wines in Russia.

Oh, yum!! I remember having golubki in a restaurant outside Moscow. It was really good comfort food. Maybe the people who owned the place were Polish, because I never saw it anywhere in Moscow or St. Pete.

Also, Russian Night could feature Georgian food and wine -- we had some incredible Georgian wines in Russia.

Right now I think we two are quite the minority. L:) L

Pia

We also got off this morning. IMHO, the dining room food was average but considering that the evening meal averaged 2 hours from start to finish it just isn't worth it. Sterling was great, twice, as was any of the lines on Lido.

Hey Tater1800, Was this your first cruise since the infamous "Charred" Princess. We just got back from the Sapphire in Alaska. Hope your cruise was great and glad you had no midnight muster calls.:D

Pia1913 and rdsqrl if you are in St. Thomas go to Tavern on the Waterfront. The owners of the restaurant are Polish and they make golubki and pierogies. They are delicious - almost as good as my Polish grandfather's. The restaurant is on the second floor of the building and it is right on Front Street. You can see the ships from the restaurant window. Our last 3 cruises we went to St. Thomas and we always make a point of going there for lunch.

How 'bout some holubchi to go along with that?

Sounds like much hasn't changed menu-wise.

WRT the Caribbean menu, it was interesting when first introduced, but lost its luster rather quickly. The two weakest menus, IMO, are the Caribbean and Italian menus. Both need some work. It would be nice to see a little of the exotic or unusual included in the menus.

Pia1913 and rdsqrl if you are in St. Thomas go to Tavern on the Waterfront. The owners of the restaurant are Polish and they make golubki and pierogies. They are delicious - almost as good as my Polish grandfather's. The restaurant is on the second floor of the building and it is right on Front Street. You can see the ships from the restaurant window. Our last 3 cruises we went to St. Thomas and we always make a point of going there for lunch.

Will have to keep that in mind. Somehow going to St. Thomas has never been associated with food. :D

Pia

Archived