Tahiti Intercontinental Hotel Tahitian Dance show

vincent

We were just aboard the Tahitian Princess last month with a 2 night pre-cruise stay at the IC.

I didn't realize how professional the show was until I saw the polynesian show aboard the TP. I was glad that we had seen it prior to the cruise. I wish I had known about ordering off of the menu instead because the buffet was about $100 per person.

You will enjoy the show, do it!

Hi:

We're staying at the Intercontinental for two pre-nights before our T.P. cruise next May. Is this a show you have to make reservations for ahead of time? I don't want to miss anything while I'm there...who knows if I'll ever get back.;)

Any other suggestions for the Intercontinental besides ordering ala carte from the menu? Also, we have a OWB reserved; but I heard some are better than others. Anyone know anything about the OWB and how do you know if you've got a good one reserved or not? :rolleyes:

Thanks.....Sparkle 10 (Anita):p

PS Has anyone been there in May? How was the weather? Thanks...:D

We stayed in an OWB at the IC 2 nights pre cruise last month. We had one that was closest to the lagoon and lobby/restaurants, etc. Some friends stayed in a newer one farther at the south end of the property. I suppose there were pros and cons of both, but she and I preferred our location to theirs. By the way, don't expect the glass in the floors at the IC, their OWB do not have them. That was my only disappointment, but a beautiful property with plenty to do. Have a great time in paradise!

Here is the IC's address for the show and info regarding the bungalows etc.

http://www.tahiti.intercontinental.com/

Sparkle.

The weather in May should be beautiful it always is in Paradise. It is beginning to get less rainy by May.

With regard to the OWB's the ones on the Motu (closest to the Hotel and the Lagoonarium) are smaller and the front of them is on land. The larger (junior suites) are the Lagoon OWB's.

We enjoyed our motu bungalow (great view of Otemanu).

I know what you mean about getting back we felt that way before we left. We are scheduled to go again in April 08 before the TP leaves the Islands for good.:( Once you have been you will do anything (beg borrow or steal) to get back.

Enjoy. Be sure to Slooow Dowwwn and relax and enjoy meeting the Island people they are very gracious and accomodating. There is nowhere like Tahiti and here islands.

• 2 years later...
We sat in the bar and while our view wasn't great, it was free! :D

We were actually going for the drinks not the show so it worked out for us!

I realize that this is an OLD post, but here goes: we are NOT staying at the hotel, but would like to see the show---if we go for dinner (order off the menu...) or just for drinks--since we're not staying at the hotel, will they give us a bad time?

Also, I've heard/read that the beach/lagoonarium is great for snorkelling. Since we're not staying there, could we use the beach anyway? Anbody with any info--it's greatly appreciated !! Thank you all again !

We stayed at the IC Papeete for 2 nights pre-cruise in November 2008 and went to the show. It, and the Buffet were excellent, but pricey. We felt both were worth it.

I would think you could go to the show, even if you were not staying there. You might need to book it in advance. As I recall it was pretty crowded the night we were there.

There is no "real" beach at the IC Papeete that I saw. There is an infinity pool that has a manmade beach on the land-side of it, and the infinity side ends at the lagoon (I have tried to upload a photo of this pool). I doubt that you could use that facility, or the other pool on the property, if you are not a guest.

487750083_MalePolynesiandancersICPapeeteshow.jpg.862978e56835297a65edcf716def5fb5.jpg

848980254_FemalePolynesiandancers.jpg.f36483d9726e9b95e45d6a05273be2f3.jpg

206513600_Polynesiandancers.jpg.d56745cc2df916427f9a02c0180cfa02.jpg

1934000382_SDC10047InfinitypoolandbeachPapeete11-2008.jpg.00d88c280bdf02809b6e4d5e8d260f93.jpg

I know a few years ago, if you did a pre-night stay at the InterContinental, you could come back after your cruise and they would allow you to use their day room (more or less a private shower room than an actual hotel room) and the hotels facitilites (pool, etc) at no charge if you pre-arranged this during your stay. But I have never heard of being able to use the hotels grounds/pools without booking at least one night there.

I have no idea what time the show starts, but wanted to alert you to the fact that there are times it can take two hours or more to get through customs/immigration in the Papeete airport and claim your baggage. Nothing moves quickly there, that we have ever seen, when arriving. ;)

Thanks ToTo. That doesn't surprise me. We'll be exhausted flying in from the East Coast anyway. I just thought we might be able to catch a little bit of the show if it was still going on when we arrived at the hotel.

If you'd enjoy seeing the show--go early and sit on the upper left side separate from the area that has tables and chairs placed beside the pool.

Orderkyour dinner ala carte not the $100plus buffet--the show will be directly in front of you

Another clue--In the morning for breakfast all they show you are 3 or 4 buffet opetions--ask for an ala carte menu--that will NOT be offered to you--if they tell you --we don't have one--just ask again and tell them that you KNOW that there is one--

For approximately 1/3 or less than the buffet--you will order an nomelet or whatever--and it's amazing what they bring you--all sorts of breakfast meats etc.

Learned about this several years ago--is still good today--

they will TRY to convince you that there is no ala carte menu--kind of like having lunch in the MDR on embarkation day--

Nancy:D

The website says the dinner shows are on Friday and Saturday.

http://www.tahiti.intercontinental.com/IC_Page_Categorie.aspx?idPAGE=73&Langue=en

Hmmmm....thanks for that!!! I read somewhere reputable that there is a show on Wednesdays also--wish I could remember where I read it !! I think we;ll take a cab ride over there anyway and check it out...Or else I will e-mail them for info....If anybody's heard any different, please post ??? Thank you again..

OK--there is some "regular" dance show on Weds night---Les Ballets IS fri and Sat nights as you posted....(since when are CC members wrong.....) Am disappointed, but does anybody know anything about the "regular" dance show ?? Maybe we'll just head over there anyway and fake it.....

Archived