Day Use Hotel P.V.

sueandkent

On another thread someone posted that an alternative day use facility is the Marival. Does anyone know a current price for this and how to book it? Did you take a cab? I know it's not too far from the cruise port.

Lately the Krystal has been getting some not too good reports on here. Anyone been recently? The beach (not pool) would be the most important to us and I know the water in and around the marina and malecon is not the greatest.

We satyed at The Marival for a week in 2006 and loved it :) The grounds, the service, the beach, the water, everything is top notch :) We are bringing our 15 year old back this Nov for 9 days!

Last Nov I emailed The Marival about their day rate which was $45.00US pp, $25.00 for children ( I am 99% sure of the child's rate). This rate included towels, all beach toys like boogie boards, windsurfers, catamarans, tennis, mind golf, rock wall, bikes, food (Marival is known for how good their food is) gotta try their ice cream OMG YUM!!! ....oh and drinks too, don't forget the drinks, YUM

We are returning to the Marival partly for their food..;)

We opted to explore PV with friends we had met on the cruise , hardly a hardship as we have been to PV before and just love it :)

We took a cab from Romantic Zone to Krystal for 50 pesos....(they charged us 50 pesos pp from the cruise ship to PV what a rip off)

Krystal was $25.00 pp and that was applied to food and drinks......We might have got it on a bad day???

Many people here seem to LOVE this place but quite frankly we hated it!!! We were there with friends and certainly made the best of it but the Marival it was NOT!!

No beach toys, no towels, pool restrooms were dirty, indifferant staff, and massive construction with many workers leering. buffet at the pool looked nasty (but the many flies seem to be enjoying it), our 15 year old son did eat from it and said it was *alright because he was hungry* mind you he didn't get sick!

The drinks weren't great and they were not exactly cheap. We went through the credits sooner then we thought.

The pool was nice enough but nowhere as nice as the many pools at The Marival.

Also the beach was not nearly as nice as Nuevo beaches but that said, any beach in the Marina aren't good!!

Cab ride from Cruise ship to Marival should be about 100 pesos??? maybe 150?? 10-15 dollars :)

In hind sight we should have gone to Marival instead.

This is their website

http://gomarival.com/home.aspx

Thanks.

I just sent them an email to see if they still have day passes.

The place looks nice.

One more question. What was the approximate cost of a cab ?

Thanks,

Giz

Thanks.

I just sent them an email to see if they still have day passes.

The place looks nice.

One more question. What was the approximate cost of a cab ?

Thanks,

Giz

>>>>

Cab ride from Cruise ship to Marival should be about 100 pesos??? maybe 150?? 10-15 dollars :)<<<<

I emailed the Marival. Below is the reponse for any others who may be interested in trying this facility.

Greetings from Marival Resort & Suites!!!

We thank you for your mail and are please to let you know that we offer an all inclusive day pass from 10:00 am to 6:00 pm or 6:00 pm to 12:00 am for 45 usd per person or a full day pass from 10:00 am to 12:00 am for 75 usd; we have also a breakfast pass from 7:00 am to 11:30 am for 20 usd, lunch pass from 12:00 pm to 5:00 pm for 25 usd and dinner pass from 6:30 pm to 10:00 pm for 30 usd. Our drinks pass for three hours cost 25 usd. Children (up to 12 years) have 50% discount.

As we are all inclusive hotel you can not pay separated for any meal or drink you have to get a pass.

If you need more information please don’t doubt to contact us.

Kind Regards,

Paulina Gallardo

Concierge

Marival Resort &Suites

Phone: ++ 52 (322) 226-8200 Ext. 4465 or 4460

Direct phone: ++52 (322) 2269602

Fax: ++ 52 (322) 29-70262

E-Mail: guestservices@clubmarival.com

Visit us at: www.gomarival.com

Sue and Kent,

LOL I just received a response to my email and came back to post it. It was the same as yours . :)

It's actually not a bad deal. We may try this out. Our problem is, we want to get massages at the Krystal but would prefer to spend our beach time at the Marival. If we get massages we can use the Krystal for free.

Hummm, the tough decisions in life.

I emailed the Marival. Below is the reponse for any others who may be interested in trying this facility.

Greetings from Marival Resort & Suites!!!

We thank you for your mail and are please to let you know that we offer an all inclusive day pass from 10:00 am to 6:00 pm or 6:00 pm to 12:00 am for 45 usd per person or a full day pass from 10:00 am to 12:00 am for 75 usd; we have also a breakfast pass from 7:00 am to 11:30 am for 20 usd, lunch pass from 12:00 pm to 5:00 pm for 25 usd and dinner pass from 6:30 pm to 10:00 pm for 30 usd. Our drinks pass for three hours cost 25 usd. Children (up to 12 years) have 50% discount.

As we are all inclusive hotel you can not pay separated for any meal or drink you have to get a pass.

If you need more information please don’t doubt to contact us.

Kind Regards,

Paulina Gallardo

Concierge

Marival Resort &Suites

Phone: ++ 52 (322) 226-8200 Ext. 4465 or 4460

Direct phone: ++52 (322) 2269602

Fax: ++ 52 (322) 29-70262

E-Mail: guestservices@clubmarival.com

Visit us at:

and this includes towels, boogie boards and ??? Good deal if it does. Especially the lunch pass.

and this includes towels, boogie boards and ??? Good deal if it does. Especially the lunch pass.

Yes, as it was explained to me you get everything you would get if you were staying at the resort. These resorts all have towels, water toys etc. Now, you'd have to pay for waverunners and other watercraft as such.

We're going to give it a try. We've been by this resort before while on land based vacations so I'd love to see it.

and I am counting 41 sleeps until I get to go back there!

Why don't you see about booking a massage at the Marival spa???

Our time schedule is similar to yours. I think we may be sailing just ahead of you. We sail on the 4th out of San Diego and are in P.V. on the 8th.

I emailed the Marival regarding their spa. I will report back my findings so others may benefit.

Are there any other hotels that offer day pass other than Marival and Krystal?

At the Marival, where do you pay/pick-up the pass? Is it a ticket, receipt or a wristband type thing? Are there plenty of water toys (boogie boards etc) available? How can we get on the Catamaran for free? That ones seems interesting.

Our time schedule is similar to yours. I think we may be sailing just ahead of you. We sail on the 4th out of San Diego and are in P.V. on the 8th.

I emailed the Marival regarding their spa. I will report back my findings so others may benefit.

We fly out of Victoria on the 4th and are at the Marival until the 12th!!

LOL We might have to set up a mini CC meet at the Marival LOL

At the Marival, where do you pay/pick-up the pass? Is it a ticket, receipt or a wristband type thing? Are there plenty of water toys (boogie boards etc) available? How can we get on the Catamaran for free? That ones seems interesting.

I think you would pick up the wristbands at the check in of the hotel, I would bring the emails from the resort as proof to the security guards stationed at the gates.

Plenty of water toys!!! Catermaran I think you would put your name on the list?? My husband handled allof that but it was never an issue to take one out :)

WOO HOO 40 more sleeps and I am there!

I emailed with alot of these questions. Still waiting for a reply but I will post when I get one.

We fly out of Victoria on the 4th and are at the Marival until the 12th!!

LOL We might have to set up a mini CC meet at the Marival LOL

How nice, a week in PV. We usually do a land based in the spring and cruise in the fall. You should have a great week for weather though. I prefer the Riv in the fall to the spring. It's warmer and more humid and the water is still a bit warmer.

You've stayed at the Marival before? Did you book a package through one of our great online TA's we have for packages in Canada? We have a couple of TA sites we use when doing land based holidays. It helps with the dollar being so strong too. You'll get 11 peso's to the dollar. Four years ago it was barely 7.

Perhaps a Marival CC meet would be fun. We're going to do the lunch pass which gives us from noon till 6. I'm looking forward to trying the food. We stayed at the Palladium the last time and the food there was pretty good.

Sue

The westin has a day pass for 15.00. Others have posted 17.00 but my email I received from them last month said 15.00.the e-mail address was from the concierge at the Westin Josefina.Ortega@Westin.com I was told to go to the front desk an give my info. Another poster said they took their credit card and charged the extras--a cabana (they call it a pergula) for 35.00 and food and drink. At the end they went over the bill with them. We are going there in 2 weeks so I will post when I get back.

Yes, we'd love to hear about the Westin when you get back. :)

I thought all these hotels just took cash for the day passes????

You should be able to use cash or CC. The Marival emailed me back and the $25 drink pass is for either soda or liquor drinks, there's no difference. We're going to go to this hotel, it is a step up from the Westin. We'll bring some soda for DH who doesn't drink alcohol. I'm sure I can get him soda with my pass. Can't see why we would need two drink passes.

You should be able to use cash or CC. The Marival emailed me back and the $25 drink pass is for either soda or liquor drinks, there's no difference. We're going to go to this hotel, it is a step up from the Westin. We'll bring some soda for DH who doesn't drink alcohol. I'm sure I can get him soda with my pass. Can't see why we would need two drink passes.

i'm a little confused...$25 for drinks plus $25 for lunch will give you a day at the beach with towels and water toys? The $45 day pass does not include food or drinks? Sorry...i'm a bit slow:rolleyes:

Archived