Princess Transfers

shofer

We are using Princess transfers for the first time on our 2/2/08 Grand cruise for a pre-cruise stay. How will we find them or they find us? It's been a while since we did this and pre-9/11, Celebrity met you at the gate. I imagine that's a big no-no now.

Lately, we have been doing Super Shuttle to our hotels but he deal was pretty cheap so we took it.

thanks.

They should be right outside the secure area.

If you take the Princess shuttle, make sure your luggage is aboard before your get in the bus. I have seen luggage left.

We just book the hotel ourselves and take a cab.

Cruise reps are almost always right around the luggage carousel so just head towards baggage claim. Sometimes, there's a rep at the bottom of the escalator down to the luggage claim area who will direct you to the rep. The rep(s) will have a sign either on a pole or held up for you to see and they'll be wearing a Princess uniform of dark blue pants/skirt, white shirt, red tie/scarf and (maybe) dark blue jacket. The rep has a clipboard with names and flight numbers and will check you off. (S)he will direct you to where to go once you've claimed your luggage.

In all cases of using Cruise Transfers, either Princess or RCL, as stated, there is a representative in the Luggage area. Once you get your Luggage check in with the representative, they will have you wait by them until everyone has arrived for that transfer, then direct you to the Vans/Bus. They will make sure your not missing any luggage before leaving. Once to your hotel, you will be taken to the Cruise terminal the next day at a disignated time.

We are using Princess transfers for the first time on our 2/2/08 Grand cruise for a pre-cruise stay. How will we find them or they find us? It's been a while since we did this and pre-9/11, Celebrity met you at the gate. I imagine that's a big no-no now.

Lately, we have been doing Super Shuttle to our hotels but he deal was pretty cheap so we took it.

thanks.

When you print out your booking summary there are instructions telling you where to meet the Princess rep to be directed to your transportation.

We used this service in N.Y. and it was the best 40 dollars I have ever spent. We figured it saved us over a hundred dollars (at least) considering the traffic and distances involved.

The Princess Rep was waiting just outside of the luggage area holding high a Princess sign. Very easy to spot. They took us, by limo, to the hotel in downtown Manhattan, to the ship, and from the ship to the airport. Well worth the money spent. Have a great cruise.

Thanks to all who responded. Guess I can check this one off my "worry" list.

We booked the hotel thru Princess because it was the best deal we could find in FLL in February. Renting a car for 6 people w/luggage would cost us more than the $120 in transfers and aggravation. And we don't have to worry about dropping it off at the port.

Sue

Archived