RE:Winning Bids for Feb 2008

ooulio

Looked at all the sites. Trying to figure out what to bid for Feb 2008 in Miami. I know it is early but I get nervous not having a room booked. I have read all the posts on what to bid but most of it is for this year. I tried priceline, hotwire & one more. Has anyone won for Feb. I read all the posts that have won. Didn't see anything for Feb 2008. Any help would be appreciated.

Looked at all the sites. Trying to figure out what to bid for Feb 2008 in Miami. I know it is early but I get nervous not having a room booked. I have read all the posts on what to bid but most of it is for this year. I tried priceline, hotwire & one more. Has anyone won for Feb. I read all the posts that have won. Didn't see anything for Feb 2008. Any help would be appreciated.

Feb is a bad month for deals. When you get a deal please post.

Thanks

We will be in Miami on Feb. 22nd for the Freedom cruise. I have sailed this weekend the last few years. I have always used Priceline and won my bid at the Hyatt in downtown Miami for about $75.

I have the cars booked but won't book the hotel for a few more weeks.

Are you flying out of Logan or TF Green?

We booked through jetBlue for $285. R/T leaving Friday morning and getting back to Boston at 2:15 on Saturday !

If you ar renting a car on the day before, you have the choice of staying in Ft. Lauderdale too. Lots of options.

February is the busiest month of the year for Miami with the Miami International Boat Show, President's Week, and South Beach Food & Wine festival just to name a very few things going on.

Priceline will not have any inventory at all and if they do it will be very last minute.

I highly suggest you find a cancelable backup you can live with and keep trying priceline.

You aren't too early for a February booking and you may actually be late.

We are on the Carnival Freedom in Feb. We are leaving out of TF Green from Warwick RI. Our fare was about $363.00 pp. I got sick of looking and just booked. On the Saturday after the cruise, fares were crazy. Some were over $700.00 one way. We are now leaving from Miami on Sunday. Prices were so much cheaper. Now I am still researching the hotels. We usually stay in Cocoa Beach or Ft Lauderdale. So much easier. Let me know if you find anything reasonable too.

February is the busiest month of the year for Miami with the Miami International Boat Show, President's Week, and South Beach Food & Wine festival just to name a very few things going on.

Priceline will not have any inventory at all and if they do it will be very last minute.

I highly suggest you find a cancelable backup you can live with and keep trying priceline.

You aren't too early for a February booking and you may actually be late.

You make a great point with the back-up.

I failed to mention that I always have a hotel reserved with a refundable deposit. This way you can try and fish for a lower price on Priceline etc. If you can beat the price of the reserved room, go for it, if not, you always have a room.

I have stayed in Ft. Lauderdale many times before a cruise out of Miami. I always found it to be very easy driving to Miami the next morning. Your cruise is on a Saturday, so the traffic should not be too bad. Using Ft. Lauderdale as an option will make your search for a hotel deal a little easier.

ooulio:

Yes, we are both going to be avoiding winter on the same week !

We have about 18 in my party, lots of kids 12-16 (all boys). There are a lot of others from New England on this cruise. If you want, there is a thread for our sailing in the "Roll Call" section.

I just got a great deal for pre-cruise on Feb. 22.

With the Miami Boat Show and SB Food Fest., the rooms are going from $250 to $300.

I booked 5 rooms at The Sheraton Miami Mart Hotel near Miami Airport for a bid of $90. ;)

Gotta love Priceline !

I just got a great deal for pre-cruise on Feb. 22.

With the Miami Boat Show and SB Food Fest., the rooms are going from $250 to $300.

I booked 5 rooms at The Sheraton Miami Mart Hotel near Miami Airport for a bid of $90. ;)

Gotta love Priceline !

That is a great deal!

Hotwire listings for Miami listed a "best value" price for 3.5 stars for $89.

Everything else, even 2 stars, were higher. The only reason why I tried the bid was because of seeing the deal on Hotwire.

I had already bid $150. + for Downtown without a bite.

Did you bid 4 stars for that price or 3 ? That is the date we are looking for too. I have read priceline, hotwire and the other site. How do you not get confused? Thanks for any help in advance.

Esther, this is what I did...if you want, since you are in RI and I'm in Mass, I would be willing to give you my cell # and walk you through the process.

I went to Priceline and used "Miami Airport" as my choice for the Miami hotel.

I chose 3 STAR as my star level.

I bid $90. and won on the first bid.

If you do this, and don't get your first bid, raise it $5. and use a different area that does not have a 3 star hotel. Here are the areas that you can use that do NOT have a 3 star hotel in it.

NORTH MIAMI (not north miami beach)

SOUTHWEST MIAMI

KEY BISCAYNE

Using these areas to re-bid will give you 3 shots, that is, if you are looking for a hotel in the Miami Airport area.

A good guide for bidding on Priceline is "biddingfortravel".

Good luck, let me know how you do !!!!:)

I booked 2/14/08 on hotwire at the Miami Holiday Inn Airport for $69.00. It's not a fancy place, but it's a one night pre-cruise stay only plus they have free shuttles from the airport and to the pier. I booked this months ago, so I don't know how the inventory is now. Good Luck! As cruisers who cruise every President's week- beleive me- the prices will not drop if you choose to wait!

I started getting concerned in March this year (we needed a Saturday night, 2/9/08). I had wanted to book the Holiday Inn Bayside, because friends had stayed there and really liked it. No availability -- and it was almost a full year ahead. So I went to Priceline and bid $150 for a 4* Downtown and got the Hyatt. It may not be the best or the lowest, but at least we have a place to stay!

I started getting concerned in March this year (we needed a Saturday night, 2/9/08). I had wanted to book the Holiday Inn Bayside, because friends had stayed there and really liked it. No availability -- and it was almost a full year ahead. So I went to Priceline and bid $150 for a 4* Downtown and got the Hyatt. It may not be the best or the lowest, but at least we have a place to stay!

I'm impressed with the deal you got since I am also trying to find a room for 2/9/08 and I have been bidding on Priceline currently for a 4* and the last bid of $185 was turned down!

That was my first experience with Priceline! You read so much on these boards about not bidding too early, but it sure worked out for me. I'm now counting the days until I'll be able to use it again for a September 2008 hotel in Vancouver. With the exchange rate not being in our favor, I'm thinking I'd like to lock up a hotel early. Don't tell anyone else. :D

Hi 2boyzmom,

Could you led m thru as to what you did to get the Miami Holiday Inn hotwire bid. Thanks

Frank

It looks like the price is up to $219.00 for Miami airport area. Like I said- I booked it many months ago.....Good Luck!

Archived