Think I'll hang out here from now on ....

Vic The Parrot

Don't be passing my pink lifeboat (see the thread called Mistake on Roll Calls) off to anyone else David...WE might get very upset (that would be the imperious WE) :p

But wouldn't the "we" mentioned love to have the warmth of a verrrrry large cat while in that pink lifeboat?

P.S. And, I use the term understand (?) loosely as pertains to Happyscot but I do love his ramblings.

Don't be passing my pink lifeboat (see the thread called Mistake on Roll Calls) off to anyone else David...WE might get very upset (that would be the imperious WE) :p

But wouldn't the "we" mentioned love to have the warmth of a verrrrry large cat while in that pink lifeboat?

P.S. And, I use the term understand (?) loosely as pertains to Happyscot but I do love his ramblings.

As you are new, I'll let that "little" cat faux pas pass...this time. And should malcolm join me in that lifeboat, he'd probably make soup....recipe somewhwere on here...May 6th maybe?

I am a Golden Retriever Mom....no cats here...or in my lifeboat...the pink one:rolleyes:

Cheers, Penny

Penny’s Affair to Remember QM2 Review

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=471053

November 10,2007...the “Affair” continues....

Penny--I too was a dog person for many years--Irish Setters and English Cockers-- and no one would have ever convinced me that I would have two cats in my house. But a tiny little stray cat happened into my life about 15 years ago and when my last dog, an English Cocker, lost her hearing, the sweet little cat became her ears. After I had to have the dog put down, the cat almost grieved herself to death so I found her a friend--a another small cat that the shelter swore was 2 years old and full grown at 7 lbs--NOT. She is now my heavyweight!!! And, at this point in my life, I find that cats are much easier. But dogs are still my first love.

I am a Golden Retriever Mom

Oh Penny, you're a Golden mom, I was too. Chet was 18yrs old when we had to put him down, we miss he everyday :( I love when they start getting the white around their muzzle. We'll get another Golden someday.

Oops, sorry another thread drift :p

Betsy

Penny - Matthew's volunteered to let us have the QE suite on a forthcoming trip:D He'll take the lifeboat:) Are you going to go?

I'm confused. :confused: Has the pink lifeboat been moved to QE2?

David

Oh Penny, you're a Golden mom, I was too. Chet was 18yrs old when we had to put him down, we miss he everyday :( I love when they start getting the white around their muzzle. We'll get another Golden someday.

Oops, sorry another thread drift :p

Betsy

Hi Betsy.....that I am. A very proud Mom of a Certified Therapy Dog Golden Retriever, the most empathetic guy you'll ever meet. he just knows what people need from him to cheer them up. Can only hope we'll be blessed enough to have him for 18 years. Our last gorgeous Golden boy left us at 9 yrs...it was horrific...but then you understand what I mean.

So Betsy, from one Golden Mom to another, meet Bear...,

Cheers,Penny

DSC00622_2.jpg.99d80dfabd46bcd7627bc079406536fd.jpg

Hi Betsy.....that I am. A very proud Mom of a Certified Therapy Dog Golden Retriever, the most empathetic guy you'll ever meet. he just knows what people need from him to cheer them up. Can only hope we'll be blessed enough to have him for 18 years. Our last gorgeous Golden boy left us at 9 yrs...it was horrific...but then you understand what I mean.

Cheers,Penny

He can stay with me anytime. And if there's a need to put some others in the lifeboat so he's got room, well then, that's how it is.

We lost our neighborhood Golden in August. His people used to let him run around and he would always end up at our house. We had biscuits and other treats for him, one Christmas bought him a sweater. We put it on him when he stopped in for snackies, he went home to his family, and they wondered for ages where their dog got a sweater! :p

We feel the emptiness and the loss, and he wasn't even our dog. Not that we ever condoned the owners letting him run loose, but that's what they did and he really enjoyed it. So many times in the summer he'd show up at the door all wet from swimming down at the lake. What a neat dog. Ok, all finished!

Cheers,Penny

He is so beautiful Penny! and what a fashionable boy in his QM2 sweater. They are such wonderful dogs. We have a little black lab we rescued, she is a total doll but I sure miss my Golden boy. Thank you so much for sharing Bear's photo.

Betsy

Thanks Angela and Betsy.....He is very special. Just ask all the folks at the 3 nursing homes he visits weekly. He has moved me to tears many times with his empathy for these lovely folks. One gentleman who cannot speak now says Hi Bear over and over when he sees him...they have a VERY special bond. Bear just "gets it"...all I do is hold his leash and give him handsignals. How can anyone resist this eager face???

Cheers, Penny

DSC02208_2.jpg.12d46232a02eb1f3a74ed7f63671e310.jpg

Better late than never...

Hi Vic! This is my absolute favorite board. Other than the odd trend lately of locked and disappearing threads, I find it a most congenial place and spend the majority of my time here. I seldom have anything to contribute since I have not yet sailed Cunard, but I love the way the conversations flow and some of the posters keep me laughing.

Susan :)

Better late than never...

Hi Vic! This is my absolute favorite board. Other than the odd trend lately of locked and disappearing threads, I find it a most congenial place and spend the majority of my time here. I seldom have anything to contribute since I have not yet sailed Cunard, but I love the way the conversations flow and some of the posters keep me laughing.

Susan :)

I find total ignorance of the Cunard experience no barrier to a fulfilling life on this board. Please post. You look lovely. (Don't worry, I have an auto-imagination function which translates all female posters into 22 year old blonde ladies who love me. It's a useful talent, whicxh has filled many an empty hour. How did that x get in there. Oh God is this offensive? I get in trouble sometimes. Well, quite often, actually. Do I need a bracket here? Ah, yes.).

Hic.

So many cats, so little thyme............

Archived