Think I'll hang out here from now on ....

Vic The Parrot

Absolutely drop by...we love converts!! Especially if they have literary and poetic talents or if they're just plain a bit twisted!:rolleyes:

Oh, dear...that lets me out....only poetry this Yank knows starts out with "There once was a man from Nantucket..." Much to crude for this board....might crash the computer....wouldn't want you all to think me a luddite...or in this case, a crudite...eh? Feeling rather radish-y at the moment, though.....

(Although I might just sneak by on the 'twisted' part....)

Andrew

So very glad to see your moniker on the board again!

I have been one of those hit and miss kind of posters...........too many moves, etc., in the past few years. Just came back on the board this week and its great to see someone from a few years back.

I always appreciated your wit and wisdom.

Oh crikey, help me out somebody. Starts "oh beautiful, oh something" and has the "America, America" bit in it. HELP! Big patriotic cousin tune, actually a great one, must be your Jerusalem which we in Scotland would like to love except for the "England" bit grrrrr.

I always remember the Hollywood Bridge over the River Kwai, a great great film, but which near the beginning has 500 kilt-swinging Highlanders marching cheerily into captivity singing "There'll always be an England". Baaaa-buuuuuuurrrrr.

In my head, there's a big orchestra and lots of choral stuff and it sounds fab as a self-piss take thing. Love the fact that the Cunardians get it.

Big loves from Scotland, where the bathroom has finally been fitted, although disconcerted to find there's only 2 inches clearance between me and the shower-head (I'm not short, gentle Cunard ladies. and you know what they say........).

Wow - talk about drift convergence..........

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dear tall and extremely endo-rsement free (we hope) Happyscot 2 Postits,

Jimmy 6Ws found a version of the song that I believe will meet with your approval--quite marchy and army-like. You can play it and sing along! Oh, it's Oh beautiful for spacious skies, for amber waves of grain, in case you were wondering...

I would watch at least the beginning of that movie to see swinging kilts, btw.

So just why is Cunard considered British when the line was, in fact, started by a Canadian?

(Thread drift). And yes, we're interested, too, ever since the great scrum in Edinburgh when 400 Cunarders and 900 Princessers converged on the Royal Mile, mixing freely amongst each other and driving our tour coordinators batty.

Hi Spongerob,

Incase you're interested in some Cunard history this book is really good! Samuel Cunard: Nova Scotia's Master of the North Atlantic.

Betsy

So very glad to see your moniker on the board again!

I have been one of those hit and miss kind of posters...........too many moves, etc., in the past few years. Just came back on the board this week and its great to see someone from a few years back.

I always appreciated your wit and wisdom.

Thank you very much, kind sir!

A pleasure to see you again. Hope all is well in your new home. :)

I know, that's where old Sam went to get the line going. Just trying to get a bit of a twist on the mother country, being a colonial and all.

Since I'm from the colonies, must I remain below decks?

Seriously, we get lovely brochures from Cunard and if there was a way we could have managed the additional time required, would have sailed QM2 back home from Southampton rather than putting up with an international flight. Some day we will try another cruise line. I've always thought it would be X or HAL, but now Cunard is on the list. I try to get a sense of cruise lines from the posts on their respective boards. The comments I read here make me want to give Cunard a try.

I hope no one minds if I drop by from time to time.

Hey, any friend of Happyscot's is a friend of...in great need of our comfort and sympathy...ours!

Welcome! Don't be a stranger, either on the message board or on a ship. Bring your adult diapers, walker, and bingo card marker and join the party. You know we're a bunch of old geezers who have no idea how to have fun, yes?

Hey, any friend of Happyscot's is a friend of...in great need of our comfort and sympathy...ours!

Welcome! Don't be a stranger, either on the message board or on a ship.

Yes, all are welcome to the magical land of Cunard. To update those newcomers here's the story so far:

A maniacal orange cat who think's he is descended from royalty and calls himself Sir Martin is plotting a world takeover somewhere on a Cunard ship as we speak. He's been known to sponge free rides off of those willing to take him in. Beware if the cute kitty decides to befriends you as he's only using your cabin to plot his revenge. Still there is the thought he could be prompted to do a photo shoot one of these days on the propeller shaft - he just needs to be convinced.

Then there's the cohorts that he probably tried to convert to his side only to find out that they refused to talk to him. Lucky for them he didn't realize they were Pip, the toy squirrel and Spencer Bear having quite a lovely tea in the Queen's room. Bluey has apparently been invited but he's yet been unable to take time of work to cruise with them. :)

Then there's the minister, priest and rabbi who.......oh wait.:o Moving on.....

While the cat is plotting revenge he's revising the dress code of Cunard. Don't be surprised by the people here talking about braided armpits, sequined thongs, denim tuxedos and dresses, tuxedo swim wear, etc. oh wait.......is that how the people here REALLY dress?:eek: I'm so confused! Oh no, that's just the Pol Acker talking!:p

So what makes us all the same........we love Cunard. Who else would put up with this lot I ask? And now we have an offer of a Cunard anthem from our new best friend happyscot who I think will fit in nicely. Any one thinking of writing to Carol Marlow to have the anthem play at each and every sailaway?

Yessireee....this Cunard bunch is a "real" family.....it's dysfunctional. Gotta love it.;)

David

Who's far from PC and actually in agreement with a regular but not dwelling on it tonight so am here to have some fun! I don't think all the above could be considered the "norm" on other cruise line threads!???

David, I think you could say we put the "Fun" in dysfunctional, and we like it that way.

Oh, and since I don't want to get slashed when I least expect it, and nor do you, there is a second cat in our "family". Lord Stanley, like the Cup, has become Sir Martin's new BFF. There are still more of us than there are of them, however. Just watch your back, sides, front, trouser leg, etc....

Cunarders, Cunarders....

Yes, all are welcome to the magical land of Cunard. To update those newcomers here's the story so far:

A maniacal orange cat who think's he is descended from royalty and calls himself Sir Martin is plotting a world takeover somewhere on a Cunard ship as we speak. He's been known to sponge free rides off of those willing to take him in. Beware if the cute kitty decides to befriends you as he's only using your cabin to plot his revenge. Still there is the thought he could be prompted to do a photo shoot one of these days on the propeller shaft - he just needs to be convinced.

Then there's the cohorts that he probably tried to convert to his side only to find out that they refused to talk to him. Lucky for them he didn't realize they were Pip, the toy squirrel and Spencer Bear having quite a lovely tea in the Queen's room. Bluey has apparently been invited but he's yet been unable to take time of work to cruise with them. :)

Then there's the minister, priest and rabbi who.......oh wait.:o Moving on.....

While the cat is plotting revenge he's revising the dress code of Cunard. Don't be surprised by the people here talking about braided armpits, sequined thongs, denim tuxedos and dresses, tuxedo swim wear, etc. oh wait.......is that how the people here REALLY dress?:eek: I'm so confused! Oh no, that's just the Pol Acker talking!:p

So what makes us all the same........we love Cunard. Who else would put up with this lot I ask? And now we have an offer of a Cunard anthem from our new best friend happyscot who I think will fit in nicely. Any one thinking of writing to Carol Marlow to have the anthem play at each and every sailaway?

Yessireee....this Cunard bunch is a "real" family.....it's dysfunctional. Gotta love it.;)

David

Who's far from PC and actually in agreement with a regular but not dwelling on it tonight so am here to have some fun! I don't think all the above could be considered the "norm" on other cruise line threads!???

WOW, David!!! Excellent post. I believe you have summed us up quite well. Your posts are becoming quite "creative"!!!

Beth

Oh, and since I don't want to get slashed when I least expect it, and nor do you, there is a second cat in our "family". Lord Stanley, like the Cup, has become Sir Martin's new BFF.

You are too kind madam. Come the feline revolution, I will ensure that your name is added to our "potected species" list.

Yours,

Stanley

Memo to Sir Martin,

M - please ensure that the head of your Department for Serf Extermination is aware that this one is to be granted a stay of execution.

Many thanks.

David

David,

Nice job of typing for being so far from your PC

What is that, Bluetooth?

You know, some forums have a sticky at the top to explain who they are and what they're about. this post could serve as the cunard Boards Intro!

question is, would it scare more people away, or bring more to us!

and Angela,

don't be so modest.

Welcome! Don't be a stranger, either on the message board or on a ship. Bring your adult diapers, walker, and bingo card marker and join the party. You know we're a bunch of old geezers who have no idea how to have fun, yes?

Tell our newcomers about the bucket o' beer!

Karie,

who hopes we don't scare off everyone who comes across us..

Or maybe we should! Leaves more room onboard for us!

Karie,

who hopes we don't scare off everyone who comes across us..

Or maybe we should! Leaves more room onboard for us!

Hey Karie,

greetings to a fellow Dilbert fan! I start every day by reading the words of the master. My entire work philosophy is based on Wally.

Jimmy

WOW, David!!! Excellent post. I believe you have summed us up quite well. Your posts are becoming quite "creative"!!!

Beth

One would expect David to be "creative". He is, after all, an accountant! :D

David

Memo to Sir Martin,

M - please ensure that the head of your Department for Serf Extermination is aware that this one is to be granted a stay of execution.

I hate to disagree with you my Lord but NO. No, No, No, No. Unless it's one of the slaves who is directly related to food production it is to be exterminated.

(Would that darling Angela be any good at catching mice do you suppose?)

(Would that darling Angela be any good at catching mice do you suppose?)

M,

I am informed by a few of my sources that she may have some skills in that area. However I will, of course, leave the ultimate decision to you. If you feel that the DSE boys should go ahead, then so be it!

S

PS - the "project" has been progressing well in your absence. I will send you a full briefing off-list. "The cattle fly south in winter"

Thanks everyone for lifting my spirits. I needed to give myself that pick-me-up last night hence the update on our "family".

So I see Sir Martin has a new friend. Well Lord Stanley and you will not have access to my two kitties - or......have you been phoning them and plotting revenge while I am away at work?:eek:

Keeping one eye open while sleeping from now on!

David

Hey Karie,

greetings to a fellow Dilbert fan! I start every day by reading the words of the master. My entire work philosophy is based on Wally.

Jimmy

We have a few Wallys around here.

and not but quite a few pointy-haired bosses, too!

It's an amazing dilbert world out there!

Scott Adams often says people are always asking if he worked at their company. In my case I can say he really did! (Pacific Bell, taken over by SBC, which took over SNET, which spun off Cingular in partnership with Bell South, who then bought AT&T Wireless, then SBC bought Bell South so they could change their name to AT&T and change Cingular's name (now wholly owned by the new AT&T) to AT&T Mobility.

there- Did you catch that?

My stock still isn't worth what it was worth that fateful week between Christmas and New Years when they announced the "merger" of SBC and SNET

Karie,

who has one more hour to go of tonight's "workday"

So I see Sir Martin has a new friend. Well Lord Stanley and you will not have access to my two kitties - or......have you been phoning them and plotting revenge while I am away at work?

Sir M,

I take it you've already recruited this pair to the "project"? Presumably they are now DSE trained.

S

Who won?
It was a close fight. Although outnumbered, the Cunarders were well-armed with canes, Zimmer frames, and other mechanical assistance devices that were quite devastating if they could get a good swing going. The crush of folk on the Royal Mile waiting for the Tattoo to open up made this a close quarters match and the heavy weaponry was mostly useless. The Princessers were armed with small missiles procured from the buffet and used those with devastating effectiveness although collateral damage was severe. Still, it was a good scrap and the Cunarders used the castle defenses to advantage. The timely arrival of the Princess heavy cavalry, i.e. two busloads of HC people mounted on electric scooters, turned the tide and the Sea Hag was finally raised on the ramparts.

Archived