Kiss on the lips drink??

sugarsparkles

mmm...Dirty Banana...been a while since i've had one of those. They are a TASTY treat for sure. Kiss on the Lips is a great foo-foo, but it makes my tongue break out....FREAKY insane blister type things that hurt like a whodathunkit!!!!

Anybody else have that issue or is it just me??:eek:

I sail in about 3 weeks and CANNOT wait...been way overdue for some high seas!

It's mango mix, peach schnapps and grenadine... you can drink hundreds and not ever get drunk :p

Hi all This is jetskier's wife. As far as the drink goes, it pays to get to know your bartender. Most of the time with the kiss on the lips it takes a couple to even feel it. But on one of my cruises the bartender remembered me from a cruise three months before.:D I don't know if he put anything different in it or just extra peach schnapps but after just one I was feeling the boat rocking pretty good and we were still in port.

Michelle

Hi all This is jetskier's wife. As far as the drink goes, it pays to get to know your bartender. Most of the time with the kiss on the lips it takes a couple to even feel it. But on one of my cruises the bartender remembered me from a cruise three months before.:D I don't know if he put anything different in it or just extra peach schnapps but after just one I was feeling the boat rocking pretty good and we were still in port.

Michelle

Hey Michelle!!! Yeah, he probably put something extra in it... not schnapps, I don't think it's possible to get drunk off just schnapps :p LOL Well, unless it's german schnapps :D Maybe he threw some rum in there :D

mmm...Dirty Banana...been a while since i've had one of those. They are a TASTY treat for sure. Kiss on the Lips is a great foo-foo, but it makes my tongue break out....FREAKY insane blister type things that hurt like a whodathunkit!!!!

Anybody else have that issue or is it just me??:eek:

I sail in about 3 weeks and CANNOT wait...been way overdue for some high seas!

Hey Amy!! Wish you were coming with us :( Miss you guys!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Sherry,

If you use Mango juice, it does not thicken up and becomes too watery. The puree is thicker and allows the ice to be suspended.

Dave

Thanks Dave! I was telling a friend about this drink on the phone last night. She said she'd seen that V8 makes a peach/mango juice and she said I should use that. I wasn't going to argue with her 'til I knew why - I was sure there had to be a reason:D DH and I are sailing with 3 other couples - one of which is having their 30th anniversary this weekend. We're having a little surprise dinner party and I thought it would be fun to serve a couple of these drinks in "preparation" for our November cruise together.

Sherry

102 more days until our Carnival Glory cruise, and I just wrote down the names of these drinks so I don't forget them...I definitely want to try them all!! :) I usually drink Margaritas but I make those at home, so I want to try different ones and those all sure do sound delicious!! *smacking lips*

I keep reading about them but haven't heard anyone say what it is. I am trying to decide what my first drink will be next week!

Thanks!

Rebekah

This question is a no brainer. One's first drink on a Carnival ship HAS to be a Funship!

This question is a no brainer. One's first drink on a Carnival ship HAS to be a Funship!

Most definitely!! That is a first day tradition for me!!! I always say I'll have just one and switch to something else, but that never happens :p

Just back from the Carnival Destiny. My bar waiter told me they put vodka in this drink. I always order them with a shot of bacardi! Scrumptious!

The standard kiss on the lips that is made on Carnival doesn't contain vodka (yuk), but adding rum would definitely make it better!!! But if I'm going to get a double, it probably won't be a KOTL :D

I just don't care for the sweet, foo-foo drinks. I'm one of those gals who'd rather have a beer or a single malt scotch.

Or just give me a bottle of wine! :p

I can drink 1 or 2 of the sweet/frozen drinks @ best, make my teeth hurt lol

good old top-shelf vodka, clearer the drink the less headache in the am:D

It doesn't seem that mango puree exists out here in the desert. Would I be better off using mango juice of some sort or maybe frozen mango?

Sherry

Sherry,

If you go to the link I had posted earlier you can order a bottle of the puree for $4. The juice or frozen just does not do it.

Dave

Archived