All things Monarch of the Seas

Carol ~ It was a pleasure getting to meet you. It would be great if all of the Monarch fan club can plan a going away cruise on the Monarch before her last sailing. Did you get the news of the press release while onboard still?

Just reserved my last 3 nighter on the Monarch for Oct. 10, 08:( .

Here's a question specific for the Monarch, what are the suite amenities? We are staying in a Gradn Suite on November 16th.

We stayed in a GS and this is what we recieved:

Liter of Bottled Water

Fruit plate

Fresh flowers

Cheese and Crackers plate

Choc. covered strawberries

Robes for use onboard

Slippers to take home

Excellent SERVICE

I understand you now get a pillow menu (but not sure)

Have fun!!

Carol ~ It was a pleasure getting to meet you. It would be great if all of the Monarch fan club can plan a going away cruise on the Monarch before her last sailing. Did you get the news of the press release while onboard still?

There are quite a few of us going on October 10 on our Farewell to Monarch cruise. Come join us!

We stayed in a GS and this is what we recieved:

Liter of Bottled Water

Fruit plate

Fresh flowers

Cheese and Crackers plate

Choc. covered strawberries

Robes for use onboard

Slippers to take home

Excellent SERVICE

I understand you now get a pillow menu (but not sure)

It's always been my experience that one gets excellent service no matter what category one books.:D

Almost all of those perks are also Diamond/ D+. D+ even gets a sailaway bottle of wine or champagne if you pick that for your amenity, and you can ask for a different pillow, which we've never had trouble getting. No Evian or slippers, though. Another reason to stay loyal to Royal! Which is going to be harder if there's no long weekend cruise option for us...

We just finished our very first cruise ever and had the good fortune of choosing the Monarch. This was a wonderful introduction to cruising. I would like to go again before she leaves SoCal. I know there is a list of the Deck 8 cabins that aren't that obstructed, but I can't find it. Could someone please help?

I thought I would pop in tonight and share this story tonight with everyone: My DH and I were driving to the store and I was listening to the CD I bought from Eric (he played the piano while we were onboard the Monarch during hubby's surprise b-day cruise in May '07), anyway, while we were listening to it, DH said, boy, doesn't that just bring you right back to the Schooner Bar and having our drinks and watching the sunset, baby? I smiled and said yep.... and remembered our gal... still am. I just wanted to share that memory with all of you tonight.

It's kind of like remembering a song that you hear at Boloeros... and smiling... or thinking of Mojitos... or thinking how you're going to navigate the stairs on the WJ with a plate of food! LOL...

Have a good night all...

Dona :)

Dona, we are Eric fans, too. In fact, we were in Toronto in June and drove up to the boonies to see him playing (I can't even remember the name of the town, but it was 90 minutes from Toronto except that the highway was closed for a stretch & it took about 3 hours instead). He was just as good on land as on the Monarch! I hope he'll be back for another round in 2008...

We just finished our very first cruise ever and had the good fortune of choosing the Monarch. This was a wonderful introduction to cruising. I would like to go again before she leaves SoCal. I know there is a list of the Deck 8 cabins that aren't that obstructed, but I can't find it. Could someone please help?

The ones with the pink dots are the good unobstructed cabins. :D

2228772470046215528S600x600Q85.jpg

Around the cruise terminal we call the Monarch, The Mojito of the Seas. ;)

I am so gonna miss the ship.

I will be on the Mojito OTS :p with you next October. I would guess that there will be many loyal ones on her for that sailing. I just wish I had the time off of work to do the canal transit!

Dona, we are Eric fans, too. In fact, we were in Toronto in June and drove up to the boonies to see him playing (I can't even remember the name of the town, but it was 90 minutes from Toronto except that the highway was closed for a stretch & it took about 3 hours instead). He was just as good on land as on the Monarch! I hope he'll be back for another round in 2008...

Hi Jean:

How fun that would be! I just heard from him yesterday. He's doing fine. He's still in Canada and doing his thing there... then coming to either Palm Springs or Scottsdale, AZ for the winter. I've got to get him here to Vegas! It would be so cool to get him on the Monarch for the last sailing, or the Voyager for my sailing in April (that's me being selfish...LOL)....

I love the Mojito of the Seas.... great idea... we'll just rename the ship and perhaps RCI won't notice and keep the "new ship" here in the west coast... :)

D :)

We are trying to get a large group of check in agents to go on the last sailing.

Then who will check everyone else in?:eek: :D

I know this is off topic, but since you work at the terminal - Someone told me that the Golden Princess is docked on Saturdays where the Monarch usually is docked. Is this true? I'm just trying to get my bearings for when I drive there without DH in January.:)

Then who will check everyone else in?:eek: :D

I know this is off topic, but since you work at the terminal - Someone told me that the Golden Princess is docked on Saturdays where the Monarch usually is docked. Is this true? I'm just trying to get my bearings for when I drive there without DH in January.:)

We've seen the Golden at Berth 93 when we drive by on Saturday, so that's a safe bet.

I think I'll see if I can drag my mom into bidding the Monarch a fond farewell with me :)

I may even do B2B... but my boss may kill me.

We are trying to get a large group of check in agents to go on the last sailing.

OK... so how big of group can we get from here to go on the last sailing?? :eek:

I say bring em! Hopefully we'll be bringing ours too (insert crossed fingers here). :)

Nope - don't take kids out of high school to cruise!;) Plus, an extra two airfares to LA will add about $1000 to the cost, not including the cruise fare. The airfare will be more than the cruise itself..:eek:

Archived