Dining times dilemma

cmsmuse

I'm a newbie here but I've been reading lots of threads and it seems like a lot of people don't get their requested dinner times! Are there that many people that prefer one time over another? Or do most people not request a time and leave it up to Carnival then want to switch once they get on board? Or is it just that Carnival hands out times without looking at requests? Or could it be a software glitch?:rolleyes:

We usually are scheduled for the time we request but we always check to see what size of table we are assigned when we first board the ship. Since we prefer to eat at a table for two, we ask to be changed if needed and our request has always been granted.

Our first few cruises we wanted the early seeting. We now request 8:00 so that we don't have to rush on port days.

On first 5 cruises we got our requested dining time when just the two of

us were sailing. On our 6th cruise with children and young grandchildren

we requested early and received late. Checked with maitre'd and he was

UNABLE to accomodate us. We were worried about eating late with the

children but everything worked out fine and the children adjusted to a

different schedule for the week. Cruise went off perfect. :)

We always ask for and (so far) have received early seating. (5:45) We are early eaters at home (5:30ish) and poop out by about 10:30-11:00. For us to eat late, and then go to the 10:30 show would never work for us! Also, my 16 year old dd likes meeting up with her new "friends" around 8:30 or 9, so this also works for her. I don't like her wandering the ship too late - she gets "her time in", and is back by curfew (12:30 on non-port days, earlier on port days) If we ate at 8:30, I fear the curfew may be pushed back to 1:30 or 2 a.m. (no chance!!) On all our cruises, the first night the maitre-d (sp) has long lines of cruisers wanting to change to the later seatings - not us. Early to rise, and early to bed - even on vacations. (our bodies are still on work schedules)

Have always gotten my requested time... if you don't, just see the Maitre'D and request a change... he will if he can.

Yes he will Lucy, but it just might not happen on the first night. We have always gotten our dinning times, but I have noticed a few that did not. I guess it is the luck of the draw.

I'm a newbie here but I've been reading lots of threads and it seems like a lot of people don't get their requested dinner times! Are there that many people that prefer one time over another? Or do most people not request a time and leave it up to Carnival then want to switch once they get on board? Or is it just that Carnival hands out times without looking at requests? Or could it be a software glitch?:rolleyes:

ALL dining times requests are just that--REQUESTS, not reservations. [Platinum excepted] Then its all in what kind of table you request. A table for 2 will be the hardest to get. If the dining room has 100 tables for 2, only 200 will get their request, while if it has 50 tables for 8, then 400 people will get their request from only 50 tables. And so on.

Most do get their requested dining time. I've only has to talk with the M'D a couple of times in 4 dozen cruises. But we always ask for a large table to meet new people, sometimes we've received a table for 4 or 6, at the requested seating time.

Dan

Archived