Our 9/5 Baltimore Cruise seems to be right in the path of Hurricane Frances!

INCHARGE

This is going to be an interesting cruise for those of us from NY to Baltimore this Sunday. We will be cruising down, and Frances will be coming up the coast. Now...who has more clout? FRANCES! Hey, you won't have to tell us but once to get out of the way, no problem. If this hurricane stays on planned course, I wonder which way Carnival will send the Miracle and Legend? I hope everyone will stay safe. I will bring patches, Bonine, and wrist band. These are the chances we take when cruising in hurricane season. BTW..I wonder can you wear the patch AND take Bonine at the same time? I don't want to OD on seasick meds! :)

After looking at the projected path/timeline, I would think the Legend will keep the same itinerary. The Miracle would be sailing right into the projected path so would probably be diverted eastward perhaps to Bermuda.

liv... I never thought you would be that cruel! :) Low blow!

Now you are going to make me have that image in my head when I board. Ok..Can we say anxiety attack!!!

Seriously though, I just got off the phone with CCL, and they took my number to call us if this trip is cancelled. They will know more in the next day or 2.

liv... I never thought you would be that cruel! :) Low blow!

Now you are going to make me have that image in my head when I board. Ok..Can we say anxiety attack!!!

Seriously though, I just got off the phone with CCL, and they took my number to call us if this trip is cancelled. They will know more in the next day or 2.

Now now. You know that was meant in the spirit of fun :D

ParrotheadMel - I do try don't cha know ;)

That is one great photo....that would be my kind of ride. I love turbulence on airplanes and huge swells on ships. If the weather is going to be crummy and you won't be able to sun on the decks and you're stuck inside...you might as well enjoy the ride!!! My husband would die though...he'd be so sock...we had close to 30 foot swells on one cruise and it was fun for me...not fun for my hubby.

vermonter16

CCL Miracle 10/04

RCCL AOS 2/04

CCL Pride 1/03

Why would they cancel your cruise on 9/5? The ship is in Baltimore right now as I speak and if for any reason the weather is bad , the itinerary would change, but not cancelling the cruise. People have to realize cancelling a cruise means loads of dollars lost and that would be the very last choice a cruise line would decide on. I wouldn't even be surprised if there were no other choices for the ship to go south on then it might even go to the east even further like Halifax! It would be a real disappointment for some, but for others it wouldn't.

Archived