smoking ??

Cshell5

huh, lol? the elevator in an office bldg was used as an example only. but, okay...

i highly doubt that CCL prohibits smoking in elevators solely b/c children are expected to be in it.

rather, smoking in all elevators is prohibited for fire and safety reasons, NOT b/c there is a chance that johnny will breathe second hand smoke.

your argument is counterintuitive. smoking is permitted in cabins. children...are in cabins.:)

Technically, Carnival does not say smoking is allowed in the cabins. If you will read the Capers, it clearly states the designated smoking areas. ( not designated PUBLIC smoking areas) and you will not never find the cabins listed as a designated smoking area. Also, there are no ashtrays.

Is smoking allowed in the cabins...certainly it is. But (just like parents who expose their children to smoke in a bar and Carnival says nothing about it) Carnival leaves this decision up to the parents. But Carnival does not promote it nor condone it.

Personally, I think foremost this is Carnival's feeble attempt to distance itself from responsibility when there is a fire in a cabin. When a fire happens, Carnival can say...."we aren't responsible"....we clearly state where people can smoke and cabins are not listed. In a court of law, I don't think it will hold water.

Protection of "little Johnny" (although secondary) is coming more and more into play as cruise lines are facing some flack from WHO (about employee exposure) and CDC over the exposure to children ...just as are restaurants etc in the US.

So that starts the debate about children being on a cruise in the first place. :p

There is no debate there...we cruise when school is in session...:D :D

If I can just add one more thing, I think this "WHO" mess is going to end up taking our right to decide as American citizens and it is sneaking in ever so slighty.

I am a non smoker. I have never smoked and can't stand it. However, I am more concerned about a "world" organization deciding what I (or any other American) can or can not do.

This has been going on for 4 years and more people are not even aware.....

I would imagine because the Cigars are so much stronger in odor.

I have often wondered why cigars and cigarettes stink so badly and my Dad's pipe always smelled so good?

How is that possible using the same basic ingredient...tobacco????

That's weird, isn't it??

Pipe smell reminds me of my grandfather, who I adored like no one else, and I like it.

Cigars on the other hand make me wanna retch.

There is no debate there...we cruise when school is in session...:D :D

"WHO"

But you do cruise with your child(ren)...

Personally, we could get rid of WHO, NOW, NAACP, ACLU and a whole slew of others....all of them. JMO

don't worry 'bout such things honey. that's what you have me for.

Awwww....you take such good care of me. :D:p

But you do cruise with your child(ren)...

Personally, we could get rid of WHO, NOW, NAACP, ACLU and a whole slew of others....all of them. JMO

Thank goodness mine are "grown" and in college ...the youngest is 16 and a special needs child...so technically he will always be "a child".

AMEN about getting rid of all of them...but I am afraid that will never happen.

There is just one of the WHO links...

http://www.who.int/tobacco/en/

That's weird, isn't it??

Pipe smell reminds me of my grandfather, who I adored like no one else, and I like it.

Cigars on the other hand make me wanna retch.

I know..that has always seemed so weird to me.

My brother ( who is 75) smokes a pipe, and it smells wonderful as long as he is just smoking it...but when you get in his truck where he has his pipe tobacco in large bulk, it is to overpowering...so perhaps it was the brand that Dad used or the fact that Dad it not have 2 large tins in a small confined area.

LOL...yeah...I actually have an inquiry from one of these ABC do-nuttin organizations on my desk. :rolleyes:

As much as the American organizations you listed irritate me (and they do)...at least that is American on American.

What I get "bent" over is some other country like WHO deciding on what we can or can't do as Americans (usually in our own country).

It is like brothers and sisters...you can fight with each other all day long...but let an "outsider" mess with one of them and look out!!!

WHO is just the tip of the iceberg. If folks knew the "agreements" that have been signed with other nations controlling our "rights"...it would make you want to take another cruise!!! (This is what I get for having a civil liberties lobbyist for a friend) NOT ACLU.......

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/4490602.stm

Now we return you to your normal broadcasting schedule.... LET"S GO CRUISING!!!!!

OMGosh!! I just asked a simple ? and thank you to those who didn't run me in the ground for having a bad habit. I'm sure the rest of you non-smokers are perfect and don't have bad habits at all!

I do NOT smoke inside a building or car and when I found out that the picture windows on the oceanview cabins (there are no more balcony on this particulair cruise) do not open, I simply asked a question.

To all you perfect non-smoking habit free cruisers-have a very nice day.

I am a respectable person and am very careful where I smoke.

OMGosh!! I just asked a simple ? and thank you to those who didn't run me in the ground for having a bad habit. I'm sure the rest of you non-smokers are perfect and don't have bad habits at all!

I do NOT smoke inside a building or car and when I found out that the picture windows on the oceanview cabins (there are no more balcony on this particulair cruise) do not open, I simply asked a question.

:confused: who ran you into the ground??? :confused:

these comments were tongue in cheek....chill out a bit. :rolleyes:

A little cranky are ya:p

Here...sit down...have a smoke and a beer :p

NOBODY SAID YOU DID. take a breath.

Archived