New promotion today

Rosiemeadow

It looks like she wants the TA to make a gesture and give her the OBC that NCL would have given her if she booked later when the sale started.:confused:

I have a thought..........if anyone bought, say a car or a refrigerator and it went on sale a few weeks later,would you ask the salesman to give you back some of his salary as a nice gesture:rolleyes:

I work in retail, and we have a policy that if anything goes on sale within 30 days of your purchase, we will give you the sale price. I would be very disappointed if I purchased an item and it went on sale within a week. And I would ask if it would be possible to get a price reduction. But then...........I'm a tightwad! LOL

You just can't listen to everything that some posters say on this or any other board.

"You can't do this, you can't do that, you can't have it, you cant get it, don't call direct " etc etc.

When you feel strongly about something give it a shot. What have you got to lose.

I have received obc's , I have had cancellation penaltys removed, called the upsell desk ( my bad ) and have had a minimun guarantee upsold to a balcony suite. And I always do it politley with a little persistence. Never demanding or obnoxious.

Good luck.

you know, I am sorry I asked the question, it was just a question, does there always have to be sarcastic remark when someone is just trying to get an answer?? That is sad

I totally agree with you. I posted on another issue and the response was so negative and all I said was howI felt on the topic. What gives!!!

Ruthann

The TA wont receive it from NCL and the TA's commision would probably be halved for twice the work? I dont think anyone other than NCL should be responsible for the credit.. not the TA. that said I agree with the last poster.. NCL promoted nationally and internationally the "Pity the Procrastinator" sale.. so i booked early on the Majesty..and lo and behold a month later, same grade cabins are selling $300 per PERSON less.. I called them and asked them how could they promote this sale and do business, exactly the opposite.. I got the same absurd response.. "different promotions" going on simultaneously... needless to say after much much hounding.. i got an upgrade equivilent to the difference in price.. which satisfied me. perhaps the OP should go that route with NCL and not the credit. just my humble opinion..

Weary Traveler

Iam not going o keep going on with this[with you]you dont think your replies are a bit on the snide side,maybe arrogant is the word I should have used,and it sure seems like it bothers you by your constant answers.Maybe Iam misinterpeting your replies if so sorry.

well at least this time you posted my name correctly. Why do you keep posting this? if you are not going to keep responding so inanely why bother?

I work in retail, and we have a policy that if anything goes on sale within 30 days of your purchase, we will give you the sale price. I would be very disappointed if I purchased an item and it went on sale within a week. And I would ask if it would be possible to get a price reduction. But then...........I'm a tightwad! LOL

If that is the policy of the store then fine. That is not the policy of NCL in this case, and I believe the OP was asking the TA to give her an OBC and that would mean giving back some commission, hence, part of her salary;) I am sure you would not give the reduction out of yours.:eek:

You just can't listen to everything that some posters say on this or any other board.

"You can't do this, you can't do that, you can't have it, you cant get it, don't call direct " etc etc.

When you feel strongly about something give it a shot. What have you got to lose.

I have received obc's , I have had cancellation penaltys removed, called the upsell desk ( my bad ) and have had a minimun guarantee upsold to a balcony suite. And I always do it politley with a little persistence. Never demanding or obnoxious.

Good luck.

Well said I agree totally.I didnt want to get into the upsell thing becausea couple of the regular posters on here really get after people on that.

well at least this time you posted my name correctly. Why do you keep posting this? if you are not going to keep responding so inanely why bother?

WOW,I dont think I ever written your name if I did and got it wrong sorry.As for inane replies whose the one who referred to a chimps commercial,and started with the sacasiam,but you are right why bother even to reply.We are boring everyone to death with our direct replies.We disagree with each other on this issue probably enough said. TOM

Well said I agree totally.I didnt want to get into the upsell thing becausea couple of the regular posters on here really get after people on that.

Tommy, I know what you mean!

It's like walking on egg shells with some posters.

I have so much knowledge to share (after over 25 cruises on many different lines) which is the purpose of these boards but I fear getting blasted and I am not a confrontational person.

Happy Sailing!

Joannie

AGREED! I've asked for exemptions to some rules myself. Done politely sometimes I've had positive results, but I don't let myself get worked up over it when they say 'no'. Like you say, there's nothing to lose.

And if I heard that someone else got a something else (or a better deal than I)---Oh well, good for them!

AGREED! I've asked for exemptions to some rules myself. Done politely sometimes I've had positive results, but I don't let myself get worked up over it when they say 'no'. Like you say, there's nothing to lose.

And if I heard that someone else got a something else (or a better deal than I)---Oh well, good for them!

yeah...that's the gist of this thread...empirically. certainly everyone has their own opinion. some have had success with asking if "something could be done". while others...very little success.

i TOTALLY subscribe to the "what have you got to lose" concept. in fact the OP SHOULD find out about getting OBC.

but...

as been mentioned already by my esteemed colleagues smeyer418 and mbisson...

there's nothing wrong with asking, so long as it's done politely...but if you get a "no" response...then that should be good enough. continue to post your gripes on these boards when a) you already knew the answer before you asked and b) it was further verified by an official representative...then you can expect no sympathy.

I am not sure if it was a sale, luck or the dates I picked but I booked TWO cruises today and got terrific pricing. Booked one with NCL and they said no OBC for the pricing I recieved and booked another with a travel agent, as sailing would not come up on RCI and got the OBC. Go figure.

Anyway, I am a transplant from RCI since their Northeast itineraries are very lacking for 2008. NCL has picked up the ball and I am looking forward to two vacations.

I am not sure if it was a sale, luck or the dates I picked but I booked TWO cruises today and got terrific pricing. Booked one with NCL and they said no OBC for the pricing I recieved and booked another with a travel agent, as sailing would not come up on RCI and got the OBC. Go figure.

Anyway, I am a transplant from RCI since their Northeast itineraries are very lacking for 2008. NCL has picked up the ball and I am looking forward to two vacations.

heck i'm just jealous that you booked 2...all i have is my 1 nighter tomorrow.

yeah...that's the gist of this thread...empirically. certainly everyone has their own opinion. some have had success with asking if "something could be done". while others...very little success.

i TOTALLY subscribe to the "what have you got to lose" concept. in fact the OP SHOULD find out about getting OBC.

but...

there's nothing wrong with asking, so long as it's done politely...but if you get a "no" response...then that should be good enough. continue to post your gripes on these boards when a) you already knew the answer before you asked and b) it was further verified by an official representative...then you can expect no sympathy.

I don't think that the OP was looking for sympathy..maybe just some advice, information, or recommendation from someone with a little experience in dealing with the TA or NCL.

Some people just don't take NO for an answer.

I am sometimes one of them.

And sometimes it works to my advantage.

But that's just me.

Tommy, I know what you mean!

It's like walking on egg shells with some posters.

I have so much knowledge to share (after over 25 cruises on many different lines) which is the purpose of these boards but I fear getting blasted and I am not a confrontational person.

Happy Sailing!

Joannie

Do you remember your Renaissance cruise ? I do mine :D

I've been called a lot of things lately that are easy to live down to. "esteemed colleague"? Not sure I can live up to that one ;)

Do you remember your Renaissance cruise ? I do mine :D

I do remember our Renaissance cruise to Tahiti.

The ship was small and elegant with lots of teak, subdued decor great food and service. The ports of call were interesting and amazing!

Guess that Celebrity has them now.. not really sure?

Where did you go on yours?

but...

Getting no for an answer doesnt always mean to give up.Our current booking has dropped 3 times since we booked.The first 2 times we were told no this is a promo for new bookings only.We read on here thats Ncl policy so we gave up.After the 3rd time the rate dropped I called again,again I was told its for new bookings only,I called back told the rep that no where on thier web site did it say new bookings only which she replied O sorry and gave me the lower price 300 bucks pp.Not looking for sympathy but dont exspect to be belittle for disagreeing,and a no doesnt always mean no. TOM

Getting no for an answer doesnt always mean to give up.Our current booking has dropped 3 times since we booked.The first 2 times we were told no this is a promo for new bookings only.We read on here thats Ncl policy so we gave up.After the 3rd time the rate dropped I called again,again I was told its for new bookings only,I called back told the rep that no where on thier web site did it say new bookings only which she replied O sorry and gave me the lower price 300 bucks pp.Not looking for sympathy but dont exspect to be belittle for disagreeing,and a no doesnt always mean no. TOM

If the site indeed didn't say "new bookings only" I agree. If it did say that (and you were just trying what you could try), it's too bad they relented.

I do remember our Renaissance cruise to Tahiti.

The ship was small and elegant with lots of teak, subdued decor great food and service. The ports of call were interesting and amazing!

Guess that Celebrity has them now.. not really sure?

Where did you go on yours?

Athens to Istanbul - awesome cruise. Did someone buy them out ? What about Radisson Diamond .. I did the Baltic on that - simply delicious :D

Athens to Istanbul - awesome cruise. Did someone buy them out ? What about Radisson Diamond .. I did the Baltic on that - simply delicious :D

REN went bankrupt post 9-11...

Oceania bought three of the ships with the balance at Celebrity(Azurama) and Princess

Archived