New promotion today

Rosiemeadow

I have gotten a few offers from various cruise agency's about a promotion starting today giving on board credit, I know they are for new bookings, but I just booked this last week, doesn't seem fair. My TA is being very hardnosed about giving anymore discounts to me, I feel I am stuck because I was able to secure one of those most ought after "rear aft cabins", so I don't want to cancel with her, & loose this cabin, any ideas? Threats to leave for another agency just don't work :rolleyes:

Has anyone else gotten a credit like this from your TA if you are already booked?

Sales are often for NEW BOOKINGS. They are not a way to give away money to people that are already booked.

Instead, they are a way for the cruiselines to fill some empty cabins. If you want one of those empty cabins, you might be able to get one. Then again, they might sell out.

Just the way it is.

Life is not always fair.

But you got what you wanted. It is just like making a special order for something. You ordered it and you got it. Who cares if you can save a little now by rebooking. It's just like an end of season sale, lower the price, add incentives, move the product. That's business. :)

I have gotten a few offers from various cruise agency's about a promotion starting today giving on board credit, I know they are for new bookings, but I just booked this last week, doesn't seem fair. My TA is being very hardnosed about giving anymore discounts to me, I feel I am stuck because I was able to secure one of those most ought after "rear aft cabins", so I don't want to cancel with her, & loose this cabin, any ideas? Threats to leave for another agency just don't work :rolleyes:

Has anyone else gotten a credit like this from your TA if you are already booked?

Wow how awsome for you.

What ship and cabin did you get?

you answered your own question. "i know they are for new bookings." so i ask you...why shouldn't you expect sarcasm from us on these boards. can't handle the truth about booking cruises?

END GLOBAL WHINING

Last comment from me:

Again I will say HOW SAD!!! How pathetic it is that you have nothing more to do than rip people apart. Why than were these boards created if not to answer a persons genuine question. Yes, I know I got a good cabin and Yes, I paid alot for it, more than I should have, but I except that, I was just asking a SIMPLE question about the onboard credit offer which starts today. I know for a fact that even if you are booked already some TA's will give it to you, unfortunetly mine isn't one of them, Again I will say I was just asking if anyone else received this nice jester from their TA? That it, lets end the wise cracks now PLEASE!

Last comment from me:

Again I will say HOW SAD!!! How pathetic it is that you have nothing more to do than rip people apart. Why than were these boards created if not to answer a persons genuine question. Yes, I know I got a good cabin and Yes, I paid alot for it, more than I should have, but I except that, I was just asking a SIMPLE question about the onboard credit offer which starts today. I know for a fact that even if you are booked already some TA's will give it to you, unfortunetly mine isn't one of them, Again I will say I was just asking if anyone else received this nice jester from their TA? Thats it, lets end the wise cracks now PLEASE! Just let it go. Why do the moderators let this stuff continue?

you know, I am sorry I asked the question, it was just a question, does there always have to be sarcastic remark when someone is just trying to get an answer?? That is sad

When u booked yr trip u were obviously happy at the time. There promo's r no different than yr local grocer discounting bread that is expiring. And dont be harsh on yr travel agent as they have no lea way unless they take it out of their own pocket.

Rosie,

Do you have quite a while before you sail? We booked with a TA 16 months out, and got to change from outside to balcony for same price (10 months precruise), and then got a $150 reduction (4 months precruise). So watch for those reductions that aren't "new bookings only" sales.

Happy cruising,

Suzy

Just completed booking an AE suite on an NCL cruise 2 days ago. Got a suite for a few hundred $$$ than an aft balcony cost on the cruise. Did not get any onboard credit. Knew this promotion was coming up but am very happy with what I booked at the time.

Will I call my TA and ask for the additional $100 onboard credit? Absoultely not. I got a great cabin at a very great price that probably would not have been available today when the new promotion came in to play. I'm happy.:cool:

Dianne

Last comment from me:

Again I will say HOW SAD!!! How pathetic it is that you have nothing more to do than rip people apart. Why than were these boards created if not to answer a persons genuine question. Yes, I know I got a good cabin and Yes, I paid alot for it, more than I should have, but I except that, I was just asking a SIMPLE question about the onboard credit offer which starts today. I know for a fact that even if you are booked already some TA's will give it to you, unfortunetly mine isn't one of them, Again I will say I was just asking if anyone else received this nice jester from their TA? Thats it, lets end the wise cracks now PLEASE! Just let it go. Why do the moderators let this stuff continue?

I am so sorry you got this kind of response. I usually just keep my mouth shut on these things, read and go on, but this was outrageous. I am so sorry, please do not let this keep you from asking questions, ignore the rudeness of others. I booked my ncl cruise 2 weeks ago and my ta gave me the credit in advance. it can be done, depends on your ta. And yes, every penny we can get counts to some of us folks. Have a great day.

sorry, everyone is still a little touchy over the last time this was asked. it went on for pages...the poster was bad mouthing NCL all over the place.

this does happen all the time(was just reading on another cruise line thread about the same thing), some people get something, other's don't. i booked 3 weeks ago..got a great price...still wishing for the magic upgrade...but otherwise, very happy with everything. no, i will not be able to get any credits or discount.

even if you were to cancel with this TA and rebook with another, NCL would see the name and disallow the "new bookings". if they didn't do that, everyone already booked, would be calling for the new discount and NCL would be out of business by next year. the sales are only to fill the empty cabins.

when i worked for customer service in a big department store, i went through this every day. thank goodness they changed the return policy to keep people from rebuying the same dress at the lower price. it worked wonders when i just told everyone they were welcome to return it, but they could not rebuy it.

just think of it this way, by the time the cabins go on sale...the choices are more limited. also, for every person who paid less then you did, there are 2 who paid more. also, if you had waited, how much more could the plane fare be?

Rosie

Welcome to Cruisecritic. All too often, instead of criticising cruises and the cruiselines folks in here criticize each other. Sorry it happened to you. Certainly there are nicer ways to say "too bad so sad" to someone with a real question looking for aid. Even if there is little hope.

I got that right didn't I - this is CRUISE critic not CRUISER critic????

The truth is you might be able to find another agent to offer you the incentive if you transfer the booking to them. In the process you might pay a penalty to the old agency and there-by wipe out the benefit of the on-board credit. You also might find a much better deal over all on a similar cabin but then lose the aft cabin you desired. So, are your priorities set on the cabin or on the savings? Only you can answer that one.

: ) Regardless, you'll enjoy your vacation I'm sure.

I booked the Dawn the night before last. I haven't received an e-mail confirmation from the TA, nor has my credit card been charged as of this minute.

How do y'all feel about me qualifying for the specials that the TA is advertising today? I called and left a message.....I'll let you know what happens.

Rosie

Welcome to Cruisecritic. All too often, instead of criticising cruises and the cruiselines folks in here criticize each other. Sorry it happened to you. Certainly there are nicer ways to say "too bad so sad" to someone with a real question looking for aid. Even if there is little hope.

I got that right didn't I - this is CRUISE critic not CRUISER critic????

The truth is you might be able to find another agent to offer you the incentive if you transfer the booking to them. In the process you might pay a penalty to the old agency and there-by wipe out the benefit of the on-board credit. You also might find a much better deal over all on a similar cabin but then lose the aft cabin you desired. So, are your priorities set on the cabin or on the savings? Only you can answer that one.

: ) Regardless, you'll enjoy your vacation I'm sure.

Well said.

It's not the TA that makes these rules and I'm not sure they are giving the OBC, it's the cruiseline. If you do decide to cancel and rebook, not only is there a chance that you would lose the cabin, but the NCL computer might also recognize what you're doing and not allow the OBC anyhow.

There are a lot of people on here that cant understand why someone would want a better deal,Iam not one. NCL ads say book early and save,so you book early and watch the prices generally drop,or a new booking promo comes along,doesnt seem fair to me either.

Rosie,

Do you have quite a while before you sail? We booked with a TA 16 months out, and got to change from outside to balcony for same price (10 months precruise), and then got a $150 reduction (4 months precruise). So watch for those reductions that aren't "new bookings only" sales.

Happy cruising,

Suzy

This can be true, so long as they prices are not marked for "new bookings" as you indicated. But can also be misleading to some. Did you already submit your final payment? Though I have not experienced it yet, I do believe some people benefit with getting a cabin upgrade based on the market prices...(and i'll need help with this)...but I was under the impression as long as final payment was not given...it can be possible.

now back to the OP...my TA friend concurs that the OBC is associated with specific promotions. it's not like there's a drawer of OBC for TAs to use at their discretion. if there was...you can bet i'd have my wife book with a male TA or I with a female TA...and sweet talk them.

and this whole threatening to leave and take one's business elsewhere. as my dad would say to these types of customers in his drycleaning shop..."you are more than free to take your business elsewhere". and since 1985...3 dry cleaners have closed down in our area...and my dad's shop is still going strong.

just goes to show...the customer is not always right.

Rosie,

I'm another one that would like to chime in and encourage you to ingnore some of the posters that apparantly have nothing better to do than post obnoxious answers to genuine questions. In the short time since I've joined.I've noticed that there are a few that make a habit of it. I've always wondered why some people get there jollies that way. Never mind them... ;) If I can ever help you with any answers, I will.

I booked a trip a few months back and I got a fair price. Since then it's gone down a little, but not so much that I'm going to worry about it. I talked to my TA about it and we got to joking around a bit and she arranged a small credit for me. Nothing huge, but enough for a decent bottle of wine. The gesture actually means more to me than the dollars. Why don't you try a little humor with your TA and just ask outright if they will throw you a little something. It just might work.

It's not the TA that makes these rules and I'm not sure they are giving the OBC, it's the cruiseline. If you do decide to cancel and rebook, not only is there a chance that you would lose the cabin, but the NCL computer might also recognize what you're doing and not allow the OBC anyhow.

It looks like she wants the TA to make a gesture and give her the OBC that NCL would have given her if she booked later when the sale started.:confused:

I have a thought..........if anyone bought, say a car or a refrigerator and it went on sale a few weeks later,would you ask the salesman to give you back some of his salary as a nice gesture:rolleyes:

you only see a small sample of the pricing on here, my last cruise i booked 5 months out...the prices just kept going up and up. the ship was sold out a month before the cruise.

this cruise the prices have been all over the place, i got a good price (happy with it, won't gripe)...then a week later is was over $400 more per balcony room, now it's back down. the price dropped back to (about) where i got it at, after all the ones that had reservations and didn't make final payment, got cleared up. i am not flying to the next cruise, but last cruise i got the best price for the flights 2 weeks before i booked the cruise...if i had waited to book the flights, any saving on the cruise would have been wiped out by the extra costs of the flights. sometimes you have to look at the over-all picture and see what works for you. if it's enough to upset you and make your miserable, then either don't book or cancel.

i won't travel with my MIL or SIL, if they found out someone paid less for their trip...for the next 10 years it's all you would hear about. any fun or good thing that happened on the cruise would be overlooked by how miserable they are able not getting a "deal".

Archived