Abolish All Formal Nights - all in favor speak up!

BrianTom

caveat - I didn't read all the posts.

I could make a political statemnent here about what party the OP belongs to based on his stated desire that he doesn't want anyone who disagres with him to post here (but I won't). (yank,yank) (all parties).

OT - $2,100,100 doubled.

LOL....so what party do you think? Looks like you gamble...take a shot.

There are a fair number of posters who say to those who do not wish to dress formally - go to the Windjammer. Horsefeathers!! Those who wish to dress formally should go to the Windjammer and leave the dining room to the rest of us :D :D.

NOW HERE IS GREAT LOGIC. SMARTEST PERSON ON CC, OR ATLEAST THE SECOND SMARTEST. FIRST SMARTEST WOULD BE THE OP

I did not take the time to read all 12 pages so here goes.

Since the OP hopes Royal reads this thread.........

Royal Caribbean: Please leave things the way they are in the DR, EXCEPT for the FOLLOWING!

When a PAX shows up wearing Quote "ripped jeans and t-shirt on formal nights" they should by politely told to go back to thier room and return with the proper attire or go to the Windjammer!

This policy should be enforced AT ALL TIMES!

That is HOW I FEEL!

I am starting a movement to get formal nights removed from cruising. I know it is controversial, but worth the effort.

All that should be required in the evenings is resort casual or country club casual or better. If one chooses to dress in tux and gowns than it would be their prerogative. As my mom says you can never really be too overdressed.

Not having a formal night is a more fair system. I pay the same amount as the others and because I don't like to dress up like I am going to work while I am on vacation I am forced to pay to eat in the specialty restaurant or the hideous buffet or be sequestered in my room.

The cruiselines read these boards and lets send them a great message!

If I don't get a response in my favor I will start showing up in ripped jeans and t-shirt on formal nights. As we all know poorly dress people are never asked to leave. ;)

You wear formal wear to work every day? May I ask what you do for a living? Or do you wear a regular suit? Just wondering.

Annieeee

It almost 10:00 pm and I just got back from dinner. I am going to bed now to dream of a Royal Caribbean world with sensible, yet stylish, dress code.

Now all those who seemed to want formal nights i want you to get on you knees and pray that you may receive some sense and see the light regarding this issue. sweet dreams.

I know I'm late to the party but have to add my two cents.

So because you can't read the cruise documents and understand the dress policy ****I**** am supposed to change? Good grief - try another cruiseline if you want to dine in your skivvies, jeans, pjs or whatever. Or if you insist on sailing RCCI then try room service. It's not like RCCI sails to ports that no one else does.

With no formal nights at all, the dress will fall to grunge every night. Just take an airplane flight. The majority of people wear grunge because they are just lazy, have low self esteem, and look the part.

Just a few decades ago, people taking an airplane flight would wear their Sunday best. Now it's grunge. No wonder when the luggage arrives late, the grunge shows up at the first dinner. Do they travel so poorly dressed to save their good clothes for other events?

We have to reprimand some of our employees on "casual" Friday when they show up in a business office wearing jeans with holes in them. There is no lower level that some people will dress down to. The standard of today's dress is if Britney is wearing underwear or if George Clooney has decided to shave this week.

Want to let it hang out? rent your own houseboat. Why is dressing nicely not relaxing? Why does "mass market" equal grunge?

Cause everything is being broken down to the lowest common denominator.

Do the absolute least that you can get away with, and not one iota more.

And the really rebel will try to do one or two iota's less!

The dumbing down of America continues at a breakneck pace!

People will insist "times are changing." Well they are changing for the worse not for the better where society is concerned.

It almost 10:00 pm and I just got back from dinner. I am going to bed now to dream of a Royal Caribbean world with sensible, yet stylish, dress code. (They already have a sensible and stylish dress code, just as it is!)

Now all those who seemed to want formal nights i want you to get on you knees and pray that you may receive some sense and see the light regarding this issue. sweet dreams.

Not gonna happen in this or any other lifetime, bubbala!

I know I'm late to the party ....

So because you can't read the cruise documents and understand the dress policy ****I**** am supposed to change? .

Better late than never....but I am not asking you to change, just the cruise line.

NOW HERE IS GREAT LOGIC. SMARTEST PERSON ON CC, OR ATLEAST THE SECOND SMARTEST. FIRST SMARTEST WOULD BE THE OP

I'll make a deal with you and the OP -- you eat every meal in the Dining Room, and I will eat every meal in the Windjammer. I'll still have the opportunity to dress on formal nights, see the shows, and have a good meal, while all of you can dress in shorts and tip the waiters for us!:rolleyes:

I am starting a movement to get formal nights removed from cruising. I know it is controversial, but worth the effort.

All that should be required in the evenings is resort casual or country club casual or better. If one chooses to dress in tux and gowns than it would be their prerogative. As my mom says you can never really be too overdressed.

Not having a formal night is a more fair system. I pay the same amount as the others and because I don't like to dress up like I am going to work while I am on vacation I am forced to pay to eat in the specialty restaurant or the hideous buffet or be sequestered in my room.

The cruiselines read these boards and lets send them a great message!

If I don't get a response in my favor I will start showing up in ripped jeans and t-shirt on formal nights. As we all know poorly dress people are never asked to leave. ;)

I had to laugh after reading this post about your movement effort. If you were having a bad day its about to get worse. Oh, man, the people are gonna get you!

Archived