why not me ....ever

rtrtx2

Okay, so we booked last week for Nov. 18th sailing on Navigator. Originally booked 2 cabins at a "hot deal rate of $599", then decided heck with it and paid to upgrade to the promenade at $749, naturally today they have "hot deal" prices on balconies for $699 and ofcourse it is new reservations only therefore we cannot upgrade, price adjust or anything. The cheapest I could do is $980 which takes into account my platinum discount...NO WAY! ( I have been told any other promotion they can give you the price reduction, just not on Tuesday Happy hour rates"

Ok, now that I got that off my chest, I will go back to being happy we have the rooms we want and we are cruising!

Sorry, I wouldn't be too happy about it either. It is a shame RC won't give you a break but if they do it for one then they have to do it for all. Look at it this way, the rates could have gone way up if you waited. Have a great cruise.

Life is so unfair. I totally agree with you. I would be upset as well. I try not to look too much once I have booked except to see if the price has gone down. I try hard not to see any specials. Sorry this happened. Try not to let it upset you to where it upsets your cruise. :)

How does the sales work?We are getting ready to book on the Mariner Of the Sea's and we want to save as much money(of course)as possable.We hav'nt booked yet but will real soon.We are wanting to go for Thanksgiving of next year.What is the best way to get a good deal and where???

newbie to R.C.

How does the sales work?We are getting ready to book on the Mariner Of the Sea's and we want to save as much money(of course)as possable.We hav'nt booked yet but will real soon.We are wanting to go for Thanksgiving of next year.What is the best way to get a good deal and where???

newbie to R.C.

There is a heck of a deck for one of the weeks THIS Dec on Mariner, on the tuesday sales. The specials the OP is talking about are usually within 2 months of the date and you never know which week if at all will be on sale.

If you book now at the current rate and the rate for that week goes down they will reduce the amount due or refund your card if past final payment unless its a sale for new bookings only like these tues sales.

Try checking the rates tomorrow. If they don't sell all they want today on the Tuesday sale, the price may still be lower tomorrow.

Exactly what I plan to do, I asked the rep if this was possible and was told yes.

Regardless I am happy with our rooms and price, truthfully the rate on promenade rooms has increased, so I could say I got deal already.

When you book a cruise, you have to be happy with the rate they give you, or you won't book it, right???? Don't stress too much about rate fluctuations! When you fly, you don't ask the person across the aisle how much they paid, do you??? It's the same with cruising! If you can afford it--you do it! If you can't, you pass. Be happy that you're going at a price you can afford. They offer specials all the time, but not everyone can take advantage!

When you book a cruise, you have to be happy with the rate they give you, or you won't book it, right???? Don't stress too much about rate fluctuations! When you fly, you don't ask the person across the aisle how much they paid, do you??? It's the same with cruising! If you can afford it--you do it! If you can't, you pass. Be happy that you're going at a price you can afford. They offer specials all the time, but not everyone can take advantage!

Is this some other sale promotion besides Promowave? Nowhere on Promowave pages does it mention new bookings only... yet promowave prices are not reflected on any website. What gives?

I just read the fine print on Promowave, and you're correct, it does not say for new bookings only. The old site had it plainly written out in large bold letters

Yes, its not promowave, its the one that is now called "Sales Event" formerly known as Happy Hour, which you can now find on the specials on the RCI site.

*Prices are per person, shown in U. S. Dollars , based on double occupancy. For new reservations only. Subject to change, not combinable with any other promotion and may be withdrawn at any time. Government taxes and fees are additional.

It used to only be good on Tuesday mornings, but now it doesnt say anything about tuesdays, but it does state for new bookings only since they changed the name.

I just read the fine print on Promowave, and you're correct, it does not say for new bookings only. The old site had it plainly written out in large bold letters

Im pretty sure promowave was never only for new bookings...? Are you sure you are not thinking of Happy Hour? At least they never enforced it for new bookings, you could get the prices on promowave, but not happy hour (now called sales event).

Im pretty sure promowave was never only for new bookings...? Are you sure you are not thinking of Happy Hour? At least they never enforced it for new bookings, you could get the prices on promowave, but not happy hour (now called sales event).

I agree with that. You used to be able to get the prices on promowave and that should still be the case since there is no fine print on the pages at all. My issue is that the promowave prices used to be reflected on the rccl website and now they are not. Do you have to call to get promowave specials?

Okay, so we booked last week for Nov. 18th sailing on Navigator. Originally booked 2 cabins at a "hot deal rate of $599", then decided heck with it and paid to upgrade to the promenade at $749, naturally today they have "hot deal" prices on balconies for $699 and ofcourse it is new reservations only therefore we cannot upgrade, price adjust or anything. The cheapest I could do is $980 which takes into account my platinum discount...NO WAY! ( I have been told any other promotion they can give you the price reduction, just not on Tuesday Happy hour rates"

Ok, now that I got that off my chest, I will go back to being happy we have the rooms we want and we are cruising!

Todays hotdeal rate was $699 for outside (not for balcony); Balcony was 899.

EDIT: Sorry this post was made Wednesday morning. It should have read Tuesdays hot rate.

Archived