TP 12/10/07 sailing Motu feast on Raiatea cancelled

nattie

I have just received my pre-order form for shore excursions and the Motu Ofetaro Feast is cancelled for 12/10 sailing on Tahitian Princess.

According to the boards, this is actually a MUST on Raiatea. Is there any way to book something similar indipendantly? Any chance Princess will change their mind?

Nattie ... you don't need to snorkel. When you get to the Coral Garden, Bruno puts the boat into REALLY shallow water. Literally not much more than a foot deep. When half of us walked over to the Coral Garden to snorkel, the rest of the folks (including my DW) just hung around near the boat in the beautiful, crystal clear shallow water. They had a delightful time sitting in the water and chatting

The Big guy is right! While the snorkeling is great in Tahiti - it's the water that's the real star. Just floating, dangling your feet, or looking through water that is so crystal clear it's like it's not even there is the real treat. Then throw in those soft tropical breezes, the smell of the ocean, the lapping of the waves. Whether you're on an excusion of not, Tahiti is just a place to be experienced.

Charlie

Oh my gosh.... Now I wish I was there already. I checked with Bruno and due to my itinerary, I can only do half day with him (we don't arrive untill noon, waht a bammer!). Can't decide, If I want to do that or just catch a boat to motu (I read it is possible from the pier) and lounge around there for couple hours.

After checking with Bruno on half day tour, I think I am going to do tour through TP. It includes Pearl farm and 1.5 hr on the motu (both must sees for me). I figured depending on the weather I'll see if we can leave later. Bruno's half day includes Pearl Farm, Lagoonarium and Vanilla Plantation - you certainly see more, but I am not that interested in Lagoonarium. Pricewise TP tour was actually cheaper?

Am I missing something? Is Bruno's tour that much better, that it will be worth missing beach time (LOVE beaches)?

The drift snorkel excursion is in the same place as where Bruno goes and was the most amazing snorkeling I have EVER done. But warning, when it says not for beginners, they mean. You don't have to be an expert but it's not for beginners.

We chose that over Bruno's as we didn't want to be away for 7 hours.

We just got back from the TP.

Burno's full day tour was excellent. I highly recommend. Bring your REEF SHOES. You really see Raiatea and Tahaa (gorgeous). The coral garden is amazing.

We also did Marc's -- another great fun day (Huahine). It was even more fun than Bruno.

And the Aqua Safari in Bora Bora is a must!

Rankings: 1. Aqua 2. Marc 3. Bruno

Archived