Question for past Miracle cruisers

kellyccz

I have a couple of questions for those of you who have been on the Miracle.

Our roll call thread for our upcoming Miracle Thanksgiving cruise is developing quickly - there is a good size group of us who would like to meet onboard the first day of the cruise.

I have been looking at deck plans, but it's kinda hard to make out some of the stuff, which is why I am here asking those of you who have actually been on her.

First of all, is the Promenade Deck the main deck (bottom of the Grand Atrium, Purser's Desk, etc.)?

Second, is there an atrium bar in the lobby there on the main deck?

Thank you!

Kelly: I am giving you my opinion ok. From experience in the past getting crusie critics together.

I would stay away from congested areas--like the atrium- too many people- then add in your mix of cruise critics...your shy people will tend to stay away as there are just too many people. Check the lounge on the Promanade deck by the dining room. Ariane Lounge. Its the one further back.

Also- May I suggest you make your time meeting later in the day. People are very excited when they first come onboard. muster drill then early diners will have to get ready for dinner. Later diners will be done about 9:30 or so. If you make your time for 10:00- you will get a bigger turnout as there isnt much happening onboard at this time. People are winding down from their travel day. our first meeting is a wine tasting party- people bring different wines from their area.. It was nice. We then set up another meeting time. which was on a sea day--the tea time which is 3:30. Very nice. Classical music in the background--servers coming around serving tea and finger foods. Wear what ya got on as there is not a dress code for tea.

the next Sea day we met and did a cabin tour of various category cabins. That was a blast.

So By doing our meetings it gave people a chance to meet up sometimes during the week that werent able to head to the first one. Gave us all a chance to recap our week so far.

It was fun planning. I hope it gives you an idea on what to do.

Serene:

Thank you so much for that information. You know, I was thinking the same thing actually. In my first suggestion for a meeting place, I was thinking one of the other smaller, more out-of-the-way lounges for that exact same congestion reason. We had a few get togethers on the Victory last year and it worked out nicer to be somewhere where less people were likely to be.

How is Maguires? What about Gotham Lounge?

When we sailed the Miracle in May we had our CC meeting at the aft pool bar on the Lido deck. I understand it was a very nice get together....although in all the first day excitement and unpacking, I forgot to go!!!!!! Everyone else enjoyed it though!!!!!!!

See-Kelly- Thats what im saying. Jill forgot to go to a get together..lol

If its planned later--its more doable then say around 4-5pm.

Jill-what time was your meeting planned for?

Gothum will be swarming with kids the first night- Thats where they have their teen meeting. But if you need to have aget together beofre the muster drill I dont see why you couldnt meet in there.

serene...what a wonderful idea of meeting friends at the tea time! I am meeting a couple from a cruise board that we have never met before and I can't think of a better place than at tea time....while goodies are being served to us! Thanks for the delightful hints!

I think it was just scheduled for "after the muster drill". But we came out of there just thinking about getting that life jacket off and put away and when we got back to our room our luggage was there so I sent hubby for some cold beer (ours were in our luggage and warm) and I put everything away. After that who knows what we did.......but I know it wasn't the get together!!!!! And I really wanted to go to it but I forgot!!!

I have a couple of questions for those of you who have been on the Miracle.

Our roll call thread for our upcoming Miracle Thanksgiving cruise is developing quickly - there is a good size group of us who would like to meet onboard the first day of the cruise.

I have been looking at deck plans, but it's kinda hard to make out some of the stuff, which is why I am here asking those of you who have actually been on her.

First of all, is the Promenade Deck the main deck (bottom of the Grand Atrium, Purser's Desk, etc.)?

Second, is there an atrium bar in the lobby there on the main deck?

Thank you!

Yes to both. I have no idea the name of the bar or lounge but it is directly across from the glass elevators.

That looks to me to be just a "named" section of the deck - anybody have any idea here?

It is actually just an extension of the promenade, on deck three, inside. It's like a path through a garden, with tables and chairs all the way through it. Once you get to the "bow", it continues in the opposite direction.

FYI - there is no bar service in Gatsby's Garden. I just wanted to let you know in case that was important for your get-together. ;) My miracle group met at the bar located at the back of the lido deck by the adult pool, and I think it was a great place to meet - had plenty of tables and chairs and the bar nearby, plus a large section was covered so it wouldn't matter if it was raining when you meet.

Yeah, I am kind of anticipating that in advance. All of our get togethers on the Victory last year were located at a bar or lounge - they could move on from there but it was the easiest meeting point. That's why I'm leaning more towards Maguires or the Gotham Lounge. But I'm still waiting to hear everyone else's opinion. :)

Archived