Anyone recently back from CENTURY?

Lois R

:D Anyone going to post a new review about CENTURY? I know

she is in Europe but just curious how she is looking?

I will be on her again (finally) in December for a short 4 nighter

and have yet to sail her since the 2006 overhaul. It will be so

nice to see this ship again:)

Just wondering if we are going to be reading some new reviews?

Thanks!:)

Well, I guess I should have looked in the Member Reviews section

before I started this thread:rolleyes:

There are quite a few reviews there from August and Sept:)

Hi Lois! If no one posted I would have rehashed our April (post-refurb) cruise. :p We absolutely enjoyed it. Don't miss the Martini Bar and the 'sampler' 'tinis. :D They were yummy.

I know the itineraries are different, but the ship itself was a treat. Of course, I'd never sailed it before the refurb, so had no benchmark.

Thanks for the reply:) I am sure the ship is great and I only

have great memories.

Oh, the Martini Tasting? I participate on every cruise:D and it

will be really neat to see the new Martini Bar.

You never sailed her pre-overhaul? The Martini Bar was called

"Images" and it was a sportsbar. The 2nd time I sailed Century

was in January 2004 and it was the weekend of the NFL Playoffs.

The Eagles were playing the Panthers and there was a BIG group

of Philly fans on board~they were NOT happy campers:eek: or should I

say cruisers?...it was the game in which Carolina beat them to go

to the SuperBowl. I remember one of the guys in the group was also celebrating

a birthday.

I remember sitting in the sportsbar watching.....I had late seating for

dinner (it was formal night) and I left in plenty of time but that group

did not leave for dinner. I saw them later in the evening....a bit drunk

and unhappy their team lost:(

Sometimes cruise memories stay with you forever;)

Well, it's a big step up from a sports bar now! The bar itself is ice, as I recall. Chairs are sleek, upholstered in purple (I think!), but the tables a bit small. LED lights change colors throughout the bar. It fills up fast, fair warning! Our server wanted us to order 2 of the sampler trays (each w/ 6 minis), but we stayed w/ just the one. Of course, the raspberry lemonade one was so good I had to order a full sized one (or was it two??!!) Anyway, I know you'll enjoy the whole ship immensely. You seem to be the upbeat kind of lady that makes the best of everything - and the kind of cruiser I'd be privileged to meet - maybe someday!

And yes, you're so right about the memories...

Who knows...maybe we'll see the Jags in the playoffs again!!:D

We were on in April and again in late Sept. If you are a Century fan you will probably love her--same old ship & layout with a few new spots & upgrades to certain areas...cabin decor is very nice--good colors & flat screen TV but not much on it to watch--bowl sinks in the bathroom nice to look at but not practical. Showers old & grungy.

The ships excels however in service & ambiance.. Terrifica CD. Food was excellent in April & very good in Sept (different head chef & pastry chef) ..I do not think you will be at all disappointed. When are you cruising?

Hi:) I was originally going with you back in April but ended up

on a longer cruise on Mercury in March:)

I am sailing on Dec 20th on a short 4 nighter.

Well, it's a big step up from a sports bar now! The bar itself is ice, as I recall. Chairs are sleek, upholstered in purple (I think!), but the tables a bit small. LED lights change colors throughout the bar. It fills up fast, fair warning! Our server wanted us to order 2 of the sampler trays (each w/ 6 minis), but we stayed w/ just the one. Of course, the raspberry lemonade one was so good I had to order a full sized one (or was it two??!!) Anyway, I know you'll enjoy the whole ship immensely. You seem to be the upbeat kind of lady that makes the best of everything - and the kind of cruiser I'd be privileged to meet - maybe someday!

And yes, you're so right about the memories...

Who knows...maybe we'll see the Jags in the playoffs again!!:D

Hi...after Monday night we will be lucky to make it to the first

round:eek: and we play the Bucs tomorrow.

As to the ship, I know I will love her....geeezzz I am talking

about a ship like a person;) but it will be great to sail her again!

Thanks and maybe one day our paths will cross:)

Hi Lois. We got off Brilliance in Barcelona and Century was right behind us. She looked great. :) Just kidding, I know you wanted a closer-up observation. I was surprised at how large she is because I always had the impression that the class she is in was quite small. She seemed almost the size of Constellation.

Hi,Lois,

Another of our cruise critics regular, C2C (Arno) had spent the accumulative equivalent of weeks and weeks on CENTURY since the refurb...

Get him to offer his opinion when he's back from his Connie sailings; you'll be well informed...and quite pleased.

We're booked on her for a B2B out of Amsterdam next summer...can't wait, from all the reviews and comments garnered on this excellent board.

Cheers

:)

We had the pleasure of sailing Century last month and had a wonderful cruise.We visited,Irelandthe UK and back to Amsterdam where we stayed over for 2 nights.Having sailed all of the M class ships it took us a bit of time to get use to the layout of the decks.Everything ran smoothly and the service was top notch.We were very surprised with the food at dinner.The selections and quality were a nice improvement over what we were use to.A section of the buffet was left open for the entire afternoon even while it was being changed over.There were two omelet stations and a waffle station that was located near the entrance.There were more choices.The computers ran very slow,it reminded me of dialup.The martini bar was interesting with its changing color skeem.We missed the aqua pool! The aqua food court is located right next to the hair salon.

Archived