Airport Madness in Tahiti

Degas

Hi Laurie,

I meant to say we are leaving on 3/9 the same day as most others on the ship. You said it should be quiet that time of day. Have you experienced that flight time? I guess I don't need to arrive 3hrs ahead of time but I want to make sure I miss the rush......thx

most of the evening flights leave after 10pm, so the majority of those leaving will be getting to the airport close to the time you are leaving. I would still suggest you get there at least a couple of hours early. the area upstairs is much more comfortable to wait in.

we flew HA and arrived about 10:15pm. there was a line, but we were checked in and waiting within 1/2 hour after getting there. we did not fly out the same night as most of the ship did, you may have a longer wait getting through security.

we flew HA and arrived about 10:15pm. there was a line, but we were checked in and waiting within 1/2 hour after getting there. we did not fly out the same night as most of the ship did, you may have a longer wait getting through security.

Laurie..

What or where did you do the last day you were in Papeete to kill the time til 10:15pm??

After spending a couple of days post cruise we're returning back to Papeete from Moorea by afternoon ferry on our departure day and don't know what or where to do to kill time until our late evening check-in for HA.. Any thoughts or suggestions ?

Thanks Srpilo

sorry....

we stayed post cruise at the IC in Papeete, so we were able to stay in our room (with late checkout) until 10pm. depending on how much money you want to spend, you could rent a room at one of the resorts and stay until 10ish, then head to the airport. you could have dinner at the Belvedere, which I understand takes most of the evening. If you are staying at the IC on Moorea, you may be able to use a "day room" at the Papeete IC to freshen up before your flight, and have dinner at one of the restaurants at the IC.

What is the best procedure for getting an upgrade on the return?

Be first in line---with money in your pocket--should be able to get upgrade--we did this everytime with ATN--trust me--getting there first is the answer--even when we were in Tahiti we tried to upgrade for the return back to LAX--wouldn't do it--apparently they wait until close to flight time--and will upgrade for you if no one has purchased the business class tickets--not sure I think maybe $600--each way--could be 500 or 700.

We now take Air France so haven't taken ATN for about 18 months--hope it works to you

Nancy:D

sorry....

we stayed post cruise at the IC in Papeete, so we were able to stay in our room (with late checkout) until 10pm. depending on how much money you want to spend, you could rent a room at one of the resorts and stay until 10ish, then head to the airport. you could have dinner at the Belvedere, which I understand takes most of the evening. If you are staying at the IC on Moorea, you may be able to use a "day room" at the Papeete IC to freshen up before your flight, and have dinner at one of the restaurants at the IC.

Thanks Laurie ..:) :)

Srpilo

Not sure it is worth $80+ an hour to upgrade, to me anyway - would guess to many others. I can sleep when I get home for a lot less and put the money toward my next vacation. IMHO of course.

Not known as being "cheap" either. Four Cruises in 15 months. I guess we all have to make up our mind as to where to spend it. So to each there own, but not worth it to me.

You really have to be early. We tried it once and there was already a line-up at the Business check-in, so no dice.

We paid for a business upgrade on our last cruise to Europe, and it was a wonderful addition to a great vacation. It lowered the stress of travelling tremendously. So we're trying to get a business upgrade on ATN next time we fly in December.

sorry....

How would we book a day room? I checked the web site & you can only book overnight rooms. I guess we could do that & just check out early. If you stay on the ship, are there shower facilities that you can use? It would be over 36 hours for us without a shower & I would have trouble with that.

Thanks for all your help.

How would we book a day room? I checked the web site & you can only book overnight rooms. I guess we could do that & just check out early. If you stay on the ship, are there shower facilities that you can use? It would be over 36 hours for us without a shower & I would have trouble with that.

Thanks for all your help.[/quote

If money is not a problem--you can get a room at the IC Papette--you can have your room for the night you arrive ijn Papette or the next night---What time do you need to leave for the airport????Can't figure out your 36 hours--do you mean you aren't flying out until 36 hours after disembarkation day--from the way I read this you are not flying out until the evening of the second day after disembarkation

HELP--tell me---thanks--I am soooo confused

You should leave the ship if you're not leaving for a day and 1/2--I wouldn't think that they would allowyou to stay that long anyway

Nancy:D

Yep, I am confused also.

The Tahitian Princess gets into Tahiti about 8:00 the night before disembarkation after your day in Moorea. You have your room until 10:00am the day of disembarkation but have the use of the ship, pools, buffet, bars etc until your flight scheduled for late that night.

You can also leave the ship to tour around on disembarkation day and then come back to use the ship or eat,etc until evening. Should be able to get a shower that afternoon on board in the spa or at least a dip in the pool ( fresh water) and clean up a little in the restroom etc.

Sorry for all the confusion.

I was figuring we would have our "last" shower in the cabin the morning of disembarkation (Oct 10th) & then have the whole day on board or touring around & then fly out that night & we would not get home until the evening of Oct 11...hence the 36 hours..

I didn't realize we could use the showers in the spa. That would work.

Again.. sorry for the confusion...

Archived