Favorite on-line swimsuit co. ?

TexasAlexus

I'm trying to find a swimsuit for our December cruise and obviously am not going to find one in the stores right now. I have been searching on the web and can't seem to find what I am looking for. I wear a size 6, so I don't want a "sensible one", but I am 40, so I certainly don't want to wear anything too skimpy that I would look silly in . I just want something fashionable in any price range. I hope someone can help out. Thanks a bunch!

When I went out of Galveston on the last 2 cruises in December they had surf shops open w/ bathing suits. Also I believe the walmart there had some too. But none of those are online.

If you want to try in store.. my dillards and tj maxx, burlington coat factory etc, still have bathing suits

LL Bean's travel catalog has swimsuits ANY time of the year. I am not quite sure if they don't qualify as sensible, but then it can't hurt to have a sensible swimsuit. Also, many catalog companies don't show swimsuits, but have them in stock anyway. Cabela's might have one you'd like. They are an outdoor clothing catalog. Everything from men's fishing gear to hiking to summer sports.

Many thanks everyone. I have been searching the web today with ya'lls suggestions and have found several suits that I really like. docBarb- I had forgotten about Venus, I have ordered from them in the past. I ordered a swimsuit from them today and am going to order atleast one more from somewhere else. There is nothing worse than putting on a wet suit from the day before so I take two. Our December cruise is out of Galveston, so maybe I'll have time to look around a little in those surf shops.

I'm trying to find a swimsuit for our December cruise and obviously am not going to find one in the stores right now. I have been searching on the web and can't seem to find what I am looking for. I wear a size 6, so I don't want a "sensible one", but I am 40, so I certainly don't want to wear anything too skimpy that I would look silly in . I just want something fashionable in any price range. I hope someone can help out. Thanks a bunch!

I absolutely MUST try on a swimsuit before buying it. That is one thing I would NEVER buy online.

With a lot of looking I can find a suit that looks well on me-but if I simply looked at a picture and bought in my size or grabed my size off the rack and did not try it on-well that would be a dsiaster-as I have tried on MANY a suitr I THOUGHT would look good onme that did not.

That goes for most clothing. There are a few things I can buy that way-but most stuff I must try on.

Thanks again everyone. I would never have found these great sites without your help. I got the swimsuit from Venus and love it, I'm waiting on a suit ordered with another site, and it turns out there is a swimnsport store not too far from my house, so I'm going to check that out as well.This is fun! I'm ready to cruise.

I have a bunch of suits, but it's always fun to buy a new one just before you leave! I have been searching relentlessly online (resort collections are not yet out here in NYC dept stores), and really the only non-cheesy bikinis I could find are at jcrew.com. They are not super stylish (I love the classic simplicity of Eres) but good for a spare, lots of options including some cute boy short styles.

Now if someone could tell me where to get a stylish swimsuit (he actually doesn't own any!) for my beau who is accompanying me to the caribbean in couple weeks. He favors high end Ralph Lauren type designers, but unfortunately they don't seem to carry any resort wear yet.

I just had to say thanks for all of these great websites for bathing suits! I live in SC so I don't have a problem finding a bathing suit throughout the year, but I can never find one that fits both my top (large) and bottom (small). E

I hadn't thought about looking online....duh!

So thanks for the advice!

Archived