Pre-reserve Santuary??

Co. Cruisers

not sure about your ship but we just returned from the CB and had to book it onboard...after we dropped off our carryons, we headed to the spa to do this...they only book so many per sailing and they fill up quick so i suggest you do the same....

happy cruising!!

Marsha

not sure about your ship but we just returned from the CB and had to book it onboard...after we dropped off our carryons, we headed to the spa to do this...they only book so many per sailing and they fill up quick so i suggest you do the same....

happy cruising!!

Marsha

Thanks much for your response; - I kinda figured that was the case! So looking froward to our cruise in 3 weeks! :D :cool: WE'RE CRUISING! Regards, John

happy cruising!!

Marsha

Does the CB have a Sanctuary now?...I thought it was getting it when in drydocked in the spring.

wasn't actually called a sanctuary-they called it the thermal suite...but it had heated stone loungers, tropical rainforest showers and 3 steam rooms filled with different aromatherapies...

isn't this what the sanctuary has to offer???

BTW, we enjoyed it ALOT!!! :)

Marsha

wasn't actually called a sanctuary-they called it the thermal suite...but it had heated stone loungers, tropical rainforest showers and 3 steam rooms filled with different aromatherapies...

isn't this what the sanctuary has to offer???

BTW, we enjoyed it ALOT!!! :)

Marsha

you are confused...the Sanctuary is an adults-only area...the thermal suites is something different

We just got off the Crown a week ago. The Sanctuary and Thermal Suite are two different things.

Surprisingly to me my dh wanted to check out the Thermal Suite. The spa personal was glad to show us around. They bring you down stairs and into this mostly dark room. There are three of these stone beds that are very close together. The room seems to be lit by the two rooms off to either side of the thermal room, one I believe was a sauna and I forget what the other was. When we were heading back up stairs someone was coming down and we stopped in the door way because they wanted know if there were any beds available. They had been down a few times and they were all full, the spa attendant said that they had to just keep checking.

We were not crazy about the Thermal Spa ! First of all I was very surprised that the woman was showing us around when people that had already paid were trying to enjoy themselves. The beds were hard to see because there were people that were on them in their towels or bathing suits and they pretty much took up the entire bed. There is no one that comes in between clients and sanitizes or wipes the warm beds down that people have been lying on. I did not walk away from there with a feeling that this was a relaxing area especially with other people walking through the Thermal Suite to get to the rooms off either side.

We loved the Sanctuary ! Let me just begin by saying that I have an in ground pool and have always had access to secluded beaches. I'm not really use to sandwiched in between people to lay in the sun therefore laying on the open decks does not really appeal to me. I know many people that love the excitement and all the action of the pool decks and the Sanctuary would not be for them !

We purchased all day passes to the Sanctuary for most of the week,(yes even on one Port day, not necessary),. We did have to go up each morning to reserve our spots and pick out our seats. When we would return to use the Sanctuary towels would already be placed on our seats. This area is just a little bit of heaven, from the thick cushions on the lounges to the tranquil music playing in the background ! Once seated they bring you a tall cool glass of iced lemon water. They will also come around with chilled clothes to cool you off. For a $3.00 fee they will go and get you lunch off their spa menu, we did and enjoyed it very much. I must say the first day was busy but not totally sold out. If you come after the Sanctuary is open and people are seated they will not let you tour it until they are closed at 5:30. I saw many people come and ask to do this and were not allowed to as they are in the Thermal Suite. On the second and third sea days I saw many people turned away that wanted to buy afternoon passes but they were already booked. So if your like me and want to lay out from about 10:30 am to 2:00 pm you have to buy a whole day pass. To me it was worth it !!!

Thanks for the great info. We used the thermal suite on the Diamond last year and found that Princess oversold...often had to wait for a bed. there were also maintenance problems...one room or another was "out of order".

You make the sanctuary sound great....can you confirm 1/2 day and all day prices? Can you reserve for all week on embarkment?

Would love to know the above questions, plus when I saw the pictures it seemed that there was quite a bit of shade . . . is there total sun all day? I also understand that the pool is still totally accessible to all adults (which is fine :D ), are there lounge chairs for them to use? where?

I am really looking forward to using it, so the more info the better :D .

The fee is $10.00 per person for half a day. You can go in the morning and purchase for just the afternoon but I will say that if you just want the afternoon you might have to wait in line for the morning people to clear out. On our third sea day it was very busy and at noon there was a line out the door so I was so glad we had purchased a full day pass.

Yes there are seats that have full sun. Pick out your seats when you go up in the morning to purchase your pass. We sat just to the right when you walk through the gate of the Sanctuary. I must say you might find these seats a little noisy because it is close to the gate which is being opened and closed all the time. I think the better sun seats were just opposite us to the left on the other side.

Do not purchase full day passes on port days, defiantly not necessary !

The Sanctuary and the Crown Grill were my two favorite spots on the ship ! We ate at the bar,(they call it the counter), on three nights. I think these seats were the best in the house, it was so much fun ! Your watching the cooks and they talk and joke with you the whole time. Also, they know what your having and take extra care with cooking ! At first I didn't think your would have to reserve these seats but I found out very quickly that you do, give it a try, you won't be sorry !

I am writing what seems to be a very long review, it I ever finish it I will post it .

Archived