no credit?

Hosh

I talked to my pvp yesterday and she told me that because its after my final payment that i could not recive a credit for the 20$ pp drop in price and now it looks like it has gone down even more!!!!!:mad: She put me on hold then came back and said her supervisor told her that they could offer me an "upgrade" to the upper deck and a confirmed room:rolleyes: , but that if anything else changed that i would recive no further compensation:eek: . i am booked in a blcny gty so that is only 1 deck better that what i will recive no matter what. I didnt take the room but was wondering if this is what others have experinced no credits after final payment:( ?????? any help is much appreciated.

thanks Josh

I'd take the upgrade and confirmed room. :)

They drop the prices at the end to "dump" the rooms. I try to look at it this way...I bought a dress and paid full price (and got the size and color I wanted). At the end of the season, the store has a sale, and there is my dress. Now it may or may not be the color and size I wanted, but because I really wanted the dress, I paid full price. I guess if I was willing to take a chance, I could wait and see if they still had my dress at the end of the season...and pay less for it.

We are planning a quick cruise sometime in Nov or Dec, but we don't know exactly when, so we are just going to hope we get on a ship. We also know that we may or may not get a balcony...but if we do get on, we will probably pay less than those who booked earlier. It's a risk we have to take because we have no way of planning this trip in advance.

I wish you luck...and I would take anything they offered. I don't really think cruiselines owe anyone a thing when they drop the prices to fill the ship up. They're just trying to unload the rest of the cabins.

On the flip side of the coin...when we sailed, our cruise went up $300 or $400 per person after our final payment was made. Of course it was a holiday sailing...and they sold out of the cabins. I'm glad they didn't come back and ask me to cough up the difference!

I hope you have a wonderful time! :)

I know ill be happy no matter what but i have just heard so many people here talk about getting credits when the price goes down and thought i too could get a little back. i dont think they really owe me and i do understand why the price drops but as i said i thought that they would credit me the 20$pp that ive heard others speak of thats all.:)

In general, after final payment you will not receive any monetary credit for price drops. More often than not, they will offer you an upgrade, occasionally some onboard credit.

But, wait......! I have a different story. I have rec'd shipboard credits on my last two cruises....both times after final payment has been made. Last cruise, I saw a Carnival ad for a lower rate on my category cabin on the Friday before my Monday cruise. (Now that's cuttin' it close!)

I called my PVP that afternoon and she wasn't in - so I spoke with a supervisor, and she gave me a nice shipboard credit (for more than the difference in the price). I asked her to send me an email confirmation of the shipboard credit. Within five minutes, I had my confirmation, which I took with me, just in case. However, it was noted on my S&S account.:)

I know ill be happy no matter what but i have just heard so many people here talk about getting credits when the price goes down and thought i too could get a little back. i dont think they really owe me and i do understand why the price drops but as i said i thought that they would credit me the 20$pp that ive heard others speak of thats all.:)

Heck, it's worth asking for! You never know unless you ask. I didn't mean to imply that you thought they owed you something (sorry if it came off that way). Have a fun cruise! :)

Talk to someone else. She should give you shipboard credit if the price went down.

I called my PVP after I made my final payment because my cruise had gone down by $100. She talked me out of taking the $100 shipboard credit saying that if she gave me the shipboard credit, I wouldn't receive an upgrade. She told me that I would get a good upgrade. When I got to the ship, I was on an inside cabin on the 2nd deck which is what I had booked. Next time I will take the credit.

Normally after final payment, they won't give you credit when the price drops, but not always! It looks like they've offered you something there and it was up to you as to what you did with it. This happened to me on my Legend sailing. My TA went to bat for me when I brought it up and got us upgraded from an 8A guarantee to an assigned 8I with an extended balcony. We had a choice of credit or the upgrade and we loved the upgrade. :)

Carnival are stinkers when it comes to getting money back or even upgrades when there is a price drop after final payment...

The problem is...it depends who you get on the phone the policy will change and you will be offered an upgrade only after fighting hard...lol

RCCL no problem they are glad to accommadate even after final payment.

Take the upgrade....they wont budge.

Depends on the agency- All agencies are not created equal. They do NOT have to give you price reductions after final payment. I learned this lesson on my Victory cruise. I got NOTHING after final payment. (I never paid attention til then and the cruise came down hundreds of dollars from what we paid- we had 7 people sailing) I learned a very valuable lesson that year. Now its one of the questions I ask before I book.

Take the upgrade.

Archived