Need Good Advice

Wilbo

I can't recommend a specific moderately priced beach-front spot in the Keys for you, but I can tell you that late February is high season and prices will be among the highest of the year. Also, I'm not sure what price range you are considering as moderate.

You might have your best luck on a key other than Key West, perhaps Marathon or Key Largo. Maybe even Islamorada. Still, these islands are very popular too, so maybe look into other keys as well.

I don't know if renting an RV is out of the question for you. There is a very large RV camp in one of the middle keys. It is located on the Gulf side of the key. It is usually very full in February, but you might luck out and it could be one of the most economical ways to go.

I wish you luck in your quest to find suitable lodging because it would be a dream vacation to spend a few weeks in the Keys at the best time of the year for weather. I hope you can find something and I hope you have a wonderful time.

I'm afraid there aren't a lot of "'moderately priced" places in the Keys in February, and there aren't a lot of "beachfront hotels" either.

The Hampton in Islamorada is waterfront with a nice view, but no beach you can walk into. They do have a sandy area for relaxing and hanging out. Nice rooms, many are 1 bedroom suites. Probably not cheap though.

I think a couple of the pricey ones in Key West have their own small beach, you could do some google searching and also try the reviews at tripadvisor.com.

We love the Keys and vacation there every year. But it's really not the place if someone wants a "beach vacation". There's nothing down there like Sanibel, Marco, Destin, etc where there are beautiful endless beaches to enjoy and walk. We go to Marco Island for that after our cruise in February.

There really aren't "beachfront" hotels in Key West, though a few (very high priced) locations have an ocean view. February is high season, so even "moderate" is high at that time of year. If you don't mind a mile-ish walk to the beaches, you may be able to find accommodations farther inland, but they still won't be cheap in February. It's a little less expensive farther up the Keys, but that's a heck of a drive (or a REALLY expensive cab ride) to get into town for activities, nightlife, etc.

Archived