When are Cheese & Crackers Available At The Buffet?

ManhattanCruiser

When we first started cruising in 2013 there was Brie available in the HC...a great big chunk to slice a piece from.

Haven't seen Brie at all in 4 or 5 cruises (except for dessert in the MDR).

We were on Caribbean Princess last month. Every night we found a good assortment of cheeses (brie, provolone, gouda, etc - big pieces to cut from), crackers, pieces of baguettes, grapes, and dried fruit on the HC buffet. We looked around 11:00 PM to take back to our cabin for a little midnight wine and cheese. International Café has similar items beginning at midnight. I have never looked for these items earlier in the evening.

Cheese is almost always available on the buffet, at least in the afternoon around "the cocktail hour," but I've found crackers hard to locate.

I know it seems silly to bring food on a cruise, but I've taken to packing a box of Triscuits to pair with the cheese I grab from the Horizon Court.

Jim

On every cruise I see a whole, authentic wheel of fantastic Parmegianno Regianno (forgive my spelling.). It is fantastic! I also see excellent Gorgonzolla. I love it!

After going on wine tasting tours, I often stock up on excellent cheeses and wrapped crackers, from the buffet, for our own wine tasting on our balcony.

We did this around New Zealand, with New Zealand wines from Hawkes Bay. Did I mention wonderful? :) :) :)

I have a question for hikergirl100 about the cheese in Vines. Can you clarify which ship you were on when you had cheese plates in Vines. We asked about cheese and crackers in Vines on the Royal about 18 months ago and they said they did not have any cheese. Could I be dreaming that they may now have cheese and crackers? It was one of my suggestions when I got off the ship, I love wine and cheese.