Mass on FOS

gopgal

I am looking at my Freedom compass and I don't see it but that doesn't mean it's not there. I *think* I remember reading that you can read postings on the Community Bulletin board for group gatherings. And *sometimes* you can find a mass scheduled. It's at the Book Nook on Freedom.

Definitely remember there being a mass held daily onthe ship, but I also remember it being held in one of the lounges at an odd time of the morning (part of me remembers it being the same time every day and the other part remembers it changing within an hour of the day before:o ). Others posters were correct in suggesting reading the Compass daily.

The opportunity is there if you are up for it.

sometimes they have mass sometimes not.....and not necessarily for the sunday obligation....usually if there is a priest on the ship, there is mass. we had mass on 2 cruises, 2 others did not.

our AOS sailing had one sat nite, and sunday.....lots of catholics....it was in the lounge and pretty well attended...lots of crew as well!

usually there is a nondeniminational service as well.....

(it was funny..we ran into the priest on one of them...he was semi retired...he and his minister friend somehow worked it so they sailed for several weeks and did the religious thing....they did wear ships' uniforms, etc...and i think they sailed either free or very close to it.....! pretty good deal for clergy eh???)

We have a family friend who is an Episcopal priest. He cruised several times...the deal was that HE was free...and the wife paid the lowest rate in the cheapest cabin....but they were upgraded to whatever the nicest available cabin was (they got some kind of a suite). For this he needed to conduct a service on Sunday, and be available in some capacity at other times (but nobody needed him). A very good deal, imho.

Virginia

Archived