I need to make a copy of a Cruise Photo

oraf7

If you are wondering about the copyright, I got a release by emailing Carnival and they emailed a release back to me. Unfortunately, I do not remember who I addressed the email to, but the release says if I have any questions to call the Photo Department at 1-800-Carnival. So maybe you can reach the Photo Department at Princess' 800 number.

Definitely call Princess and they can fax you over a release. Even with the photo copy machines, they sometimes give you a hard time because of the copyrights. It's no problem at all getting a release from Princess to have any type of pic you might need made from a photo taken onboard the ship.

If you are wondering about the copyright, I got a release by emailing Carnival and they emailed a release back to me. Unfortunately, I do not remember who I addressed the email to, but the release says if I have any questions to call the Photo Department at 1-800-Carnival. So maybe you can reach the Photo Department at Princess' 800 number.

You don't need this. They say that if you copy a pic that the hidden marks will appear. My question is, how does the "photo release" stop the marks?

You don't need this. They say that if you copy a pic that the hidden marks will appear. My question is, how does the "photo release" stop the marks?

yeap. lots of places have the self-serve kiosks where you stick the photo in and it spits the copy out. i've made copies at home with my scanner, too.

I scan cruise photos that I've purchased on the ship all the time for my digital photo albums. I've never seen "hidden marks."

I agree with Toto. Sometimes the personnel at a drug store will give you a hard time if the photo looks like a pro shot. If they do, show them the back, which does not have a copyright stamp, and if necessary, get the release from Princess.

I agree with Toto. Sometimes the personnel at a drug store will give you a hard time if the photo looks like a pro shot. If they do, show them the back, which does not have a copyright stamp, and if necessary, get the release from Princess.

I've had this experience and they flat out refused to let me copy the photo. So, I just went to another drugstore! :p

As proof that there are no marks when scanned, the onboard policy is to never give a refund on a picture because some passengers would take the picture back to their cabin, scan it, and then return it to get their money back.

I've been lurking for a few weeks but this thread has really got me going! Someone in the Photo Dept. on the Diamond's October 19th sailing responded that the Copyright could be released for $50 per photo. I was annoyed at the time and chose to ignore the response. Perhaps this was his attempt at humor?:eek:

I'm glad to hear that copies may be made.

We put our pictures on our computer & made a disc of ALL (about 150 pictures) & took it to Wal-Mart and got nice 4x6 pictures back.

We also ordered one of their 16X20 canvas prints (formal night & hubby's first cruise), took it to Hobby Lobby & the framing cost more than the $100 or so we paid Princess to make it & send it to us.

After it was framed, hubby laid it up against something in our office & used his digital camera to take a picture of it. He downloaded it on our computer & we used HP PhotoSmartor HP PhotoSmart Express (can't remember).

We have an HP Photosmart C6180 All-In-One Printer. He bought the expensive kind of photo paper at Staples & we made 5X7 photos & gave them out to family as Christmas gifts.

Mrs. RickST

Archived