Just Back From The Pride!!

CruisnMom007

Well, after those long months of anticipation of our cruise.....it is now over :(

We had the best time ever! I will be glad to answer ANY questions I can as I know I had many and the wonderful people on this board helped us a lot.

The best part of our cruise I have to say on behalf of our entire family, was the new found friendship with Morriscats (karen) and her family. We met on this board and made it a point to meet up on the cruise.

Our children have made lnew life long friends with Karen's grandaughters and grandsons, and we too with you Karen and Jess, Lisa and Chris! We miss you already!!

I will begin a review soon. I MISS THE PRIDE ALREADY!

Glad you had a wonderful cruise.

Can't wait for your review.

I found the PRIDE in May to be fantastic ! This beautiful thing bumped me from the Fantasy-class ships being my favorite to the Spirit-class ships now holding the lead. :D

Ah CruisenMom, you beat me in here. I went to look for the show - hummm. And the hot dog my DH fixed me just didn't cut it!! Now if the room would quit rockin. Seriously, we had the best time and meeting up with you and your lovely family just made the cruise. I too will answer any questions - our families did just as we learned here and guess who was FIRST at early check-in? CruisenMom! And we were SECOND. Am working on a report. Gosh I miss my towel animal!!!

Thanks for the info. We're cruising the Pride October 10th. Did you happen to notice if there were tables for two in the dining room? I'm hoping to ask for one as soon as we board. We were lucky and were able to get one a few years ago on Elation.

CruisnMom007,

Glad to hear you enjoyed the Pride. She is wonderful. I'm looking forward to your review. I still wake up Sunday mornings looking at the view of the Pride on the local news webcam and remembering fondly my cruise on her.

Mullemeyer,

Yes, there are tables for two on the Pride. We were lucky enough to be assigned one of these tables in the upstairs dining room.

Yep there are lots of tables for two...I even saw some for 3 ! I recall seeing a lot of tables for two on the upper level edge over the dining room. It was a really pretty dining room.

Morriscats: I think you were still driving home when I got on the board. I know I keep feeling the moving too!!! I is so weird. Your right about the food...I miss all that fruit ! We were so spoiled. Now I have to start cooking dinners again darn it! :mad: lol

We went to Paradise Beach - think that is the same tour. It is a beautiful resort with a huge pool and water slide and a nice beach - warm water. There was a funny backetball game in the pool while we were there - DD, SIL, and DH played. It was so funny - not enough women so my DH was on the girls side - his name was "topless lady". The women won.

There is so much to do on any of the days - or not to do. Vroom, the show, is not to be missed as well as Swing Time. There was a funny one the last night - with a puppet. It was hilarious. We almost didn't go to this one as it was at 10:30 but it was well worth it. The late night X rated show was funny too but it got a little much. Individual call on that one. Also Randi's was wonderful - and I am in my 50's. Randi is fun and it is beautiful on the beach after the ride. The food was so reasonable and good. Will write review soon.

we will be cruising the pride for thanksgiving :D ..would sure love to hear all you have to say, short cuts, etc., these threads are a great source of information..our last cruise we had almost 30 people on board that we met on the thread and then met on board and had a great get together and still chat with..so far no one seems to be joining the thread for the roll call for thanksgiving maybe as we get closer.:( .but please anything you would like to share i/we all would appreciate it..:o

Morriscats -- Did you book the Paridise beach Direct with Carnival . If so -How much. I will be going this Sunday.was it by bus,or did you have to get there by boat?

I have seen a copy of the Carnival shore tours and I believe Paradise Village beach tour was $30pp. Don't know about the transportation, but I hope someone does. It looks like something we will be interested in on our Pride cruise.

We took a nice air conditioned bus to Paradise Beach. Not a long trip. Once we got there and the kids saw the slide and the big pool, they were in heaven. We took the 8:30 tour - when we got there we actually considered staying past the 12:30 return and taking a taxi home. The is a marina where you can rent jet ski's or parasail. The beach was nice - not clear as there had been lots of thunder storms in the evening there in PV. But the water was warm and the kids got boogie boards and a kayak and they had fun. We did go back with the tour as we were ready. Cost for the 4 of us (3 adults, 1 child) was $126.00. We did book it through the ship. Have fun

RaeO,

My basic review of the Pride is below. For the thread I started with my day by day review, click here: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=42729&highlight=dumb :D

And I highly recommend the very lengthy review by MarkLodi that has lots of info and tips. If you would like to read his review, please send me your E-mail address at kajsb@aol.com :)

Good morning all! I am still trying to get caught up on sleep!!

I will try to answer some of the above questions.

We did the tour called Tropical Jungle Paradise. It was $31 for 13yr old and up and $29 for 12 and under. So for our family of 4 it was only $122.

You can also book it online through "Shore Tours". 4 1/2-5 hour tour.

The tour guide was right there at the dock as soon as we got off the ship with a sign to meet us. We took an air conditioned bus through PV and up into the country side along the coast. We took one stop for photo ops and potty stop. We were taken back into the "jungle" area (amazing that the bus could get there). This is also where Predator (with Arnold Schwartzeneger) was filmed. I will say, this is a hike, so be prepared! It was gorgeous back in there. We did have one spot where we had to cross the river by foot. There is a rope from one side to the other to hold on too. I highly recommend taking a back pack!!! This way you have your hands free. I wore sandals with some traction, those who had on tennie's had to take them off and put them on at the other side...my son complained about that. I also took insect repellant. That worked great!! No bites!! Once the hike was over we ended at this neat outside restaraunt along the river. Kids and adults put on their bathing suits and played in the river. It was neat. We had chips and salsa with Guacamole and some beers. YUMMY!! Others had seafood....steak cabobs etc. Prices were very good. Once lunch was over we went back to the bus and were taken into PV for some quick shopping along the boardwalk. We really enjoyed this excursion a lot as we got to see another side of PV we had never seen before. This is not a good one for young young children unless they are able to swim (I say this due to the water crossing!) and you certainly should be in somewhat of good physical condition. The weather was hot and humid! TAKE WATER BOTTLES WITH YOU!! We did the 8:15am tour and glad we did! Cause the later tours were hit with that tropical storm and some had to be cancelled. During this time of year the rain etc does seem to start up in the afternoon/evenings.

Paradise Beach Adventure is $33 for adults and $$28 for children 12 & under.

I heard lots of raves about the Canopy tour too. Those that did it loved it!!

I am not good with heights so I talked my DH out of it! lol

I heard a lot of people complaining of disappointment with the Mismaloya City Tour. They all said it was not a "tour" but a shopping excursion. They were dropped off and left to shop.

Makeup face: Escape to Paradise is the name of the tour given by Shoretours but the ship calls it Tropical Jungle Paradise.

VROOM was a fantastic show!! If your a lover of the decades of music....you will love it!! Swimg Time was good too. My favorite part was the Big Band singer. The talent show is always interesting. Ours was good. The X-rated comedy show at midnight.....well, lets say it was X-rated alright! lol

Hope I answered your questions. Your going to have a blast!

Not to get off the subject of your great cruise... I was just curious as to what part of Whittier you are from? I grew up in Whittier... went to La Serna - Class of 87. Parents have lived on the corner of La Cuarta and Catalina Avenue for the past 40 something years :)

Neat. What a small world :) My brother Bob Burnside was class of either 82 or 83 from our #1 rivalry Cal High. Catalina was the zoning split for the two, so we each got to pick where we went. I was the only Lancer....

By the way, did you recently receive info on a 80's reunion at Balboa Island for September 18th???? I will be cruising on the Conquest on that day, but it did sound like fun.

Archived