All Things Glory...

kinggartk

The Glory is what made me a big fan of Carnival. This was my first Carnival cruise, I have been wanting to sail with them for some time, and this was my first chance.

Port Canaveral was one of the best ports that I have ever sailed from, everything was sooooo quick and painless. And the trip for us from Raleigh by car was a very easy straight shot.

I loved the eastern itinerary, beautiful scenery and unlike Cozumel, the vendors are not pushy standing outside their business yelling at you to come in (I just tune them out).

MAC

I am going on the Glory September 9. It is my DH's birthday gift. Everyone here seems to like the balcony rooms, but for my DH and I, that would tack on another $500. Is $500 worth it?

Rebecca

It depends...does one of you rise before the other? For us, we always get a balcony. I am up early and my wife likes to sleep in. So, I go out on the balcony and read. We also like to prop the door open a bit and hear the sounds of the ship's wake at night.

An inside cabin gets to be a sensory deprivation chamber. Once the lights go out, you don't have any idea what time it is. Our first cruise, I got up to shower and my wife wanted to know what the h*&( I was doing up so early..."dear, it's 8:00AM!" She thought it was 3:00AM!

f you don't need the balcony, but want some ambient lighting to keep your senses about you, go with an ocean view cabin. Cheaper, but you still have a view.

When you really get down to it though, how much time do you spend in the cabin?

We are sailing Glory Feb 2. Eastern Itin. We love St Thomas & St Marteen. Nassau...well we'll suffer through:)

I am going on the Glory September 9. It is my DH's birthday gift. Everyone here seems to like the balcony rooms, but for my DH and I, that would tack on another $500. Is $500 worth it?

Rebecca

My GF likes it, but for me footin the tab, I can do without. Nice havin a bottle of wine on the balcony and watching the sunset. During the day, I much prefer bein out on deck. Last cruise we were upgraded to 8C aft. These cabins are directly under the lido buffet and while there was no noise, there's also no sun. If you look at a Conquest-class photo, the overhead in the back of the ship etxends way out over the balcony below. I think our cabin number was 8404. I like the sun!

:eek: wahhhhhhhhhhh! This time last year we were on the Glory, Eastern. Wish I was there again this year!!!!

Favorite place on sea days--on the deck where you get on the slide. Not crowded and a great unobstucted view of the ocean. If you get too hot there is a shower to cool off or better yet a quick trip down the slide :D makes you feel like a kid again.

I sailed Glory in Sept. Here's a couple of FYI's:

The entire aft pool area is non-smoking. Good or bad depending on whether you smoke or not!

If you stay at a Cape Canaveral hotel pre-cruise, the hotels will tell you that you can't get to the port before 11am. So the hotels that have shuttles will not start loading before 11am. This is an absolute lie! I know of two hotels that lie about it.....Comfort Inn and Radisson.

Does anyone know of any hotels that offer the park and stay in the Cape Canaveral area? Going next November and loved this option out of Tampa at the Hampton!

Lonnie

:eek: wahhhhhhhhhhh! This time last year we were on the Glory, Eastern. Wish I was there again this year!!!!

Favorite place on sea days--on the deck where you get on the slide. Not crowded and a great unobstucted view of the ocean. If you get too hot there is a shower to cool off or better yet a quick trip down the slide :D makes you feel like a kid again.

Is there any bar service on that deck? Sounds like the place for me.

i have a group sailing the Glory in March...can someone fill me in on the Rocky Horror Movie I saw noted on an earlier post. Also does anyone know what day they do the deck party? My kids love it...We were on the conquest in April and it was a blast, though honestly in June on the Miracle it was a little lackluster, they was no running from lounge to lounge before going on deck, and the kids loved the dancing and kareoke part of it..

thanks

Mel

Rebecca

No, I don't think it is worth it. We ALWAYS book inside as you only spend so much time in the cabin to change clothes & sleep. There is to much going on on the other decks to stay in the cabin. Use that extra $500 on tours or gifts etc. Some people will disagree with me as they like balconies. I understand they are habit-forming tho, DW says, we'll get one for our 50th anniversary in a couple of years, we'll see!!!

We will be on the Glory, 4-11 Oct '08, Western Itin., will be keeping tabs on this thread to learn all I/we can about the Glory.

We did balcony on the Legend this past May, and loved it!! We had always done Oceanview before, and when checking prices, the balcony was only $70.00 per person for 7 days, so the DW said 'Go For It!!", which we did, and WILL DO AGAIN!!!

Matt

Not to hijack this thread, but does the Glory have refrigerators in the rooms??? :cool:

We had a fridge in our balcony cabin. I have yet to have a fridge on a ship that keeps things cold. We bring a collapseable cooler.

The Glory is what made me a big fan of Carnival. This was my first Carnival cruise, I have been wanting to sail with them for some time, and this was my first chance.

Port Canaveral was one of the best ports that I have ever sailed from, everything was sooooo quick and painless. And the trip for us from Raleigh by car was a very easy straight shot.

I loved the eastern itinerary, beautiful scenery and unlike Cozumel, the vendors are not pushy standing outside their business yelling at you to come in (I just tune them out).

MAC

We are travelling from Raleigh too (By Car)...How long did it take you?

There are two [if not more] decks below you. They're for the crew. Your windows will be about 20-30 feet above the water. There may be windows/portholes in some of the crew's quarters

So is the Riviera deck above or below what I assume are lifeboats sticking ot the sides ?

We are travelling from Raleigh too (By Car)...How long did it take you?

From Raleigh it took us almost 10 hours, I have done it in 8 hours, but the weather wasn't on our side this time. We had heavy rain at times, and in the Palm Coast area of Florida, there was construction and an accident, so that slowed us down as well.

Even with the added time, it is such an easy drive. I drove through the city of Jacksonville on the way down, and took I-295 around Jacksonville on the way back, I-295 was easier, but longer, if you will be traveling during peak hours, I would suggest I-295.

have a safe trip

MAC

Does anyone know if they have a Chocolate Buffet on Glory?

We had one in September, it was on the last sea day, if I recall correctly, in the afternoon. The smell of that chocolate was heavenly. It wasn't the best but I found plenty of goodies I liked, they even had a big chocolate fountain! The chocoalte buffet was set up in the forward section of the buffet.

MAC

Anyone know who is the captain on the glory?

And since they move, do you know if he'll be there on 2/2/08?

Can't wait.......

Just got back from the Western 11/17-24 and the Captain was Salvatore Rassello.

I have a question about the midnight showing of Rocky Horror Picture show. What night is it, and do they allow props (Water pistols, toast, rice, etc)? I'm on the Dec 1 sailing.

Just returned from Western 11/17-24/07 and the Rocky Horror Show was on Wednesday night (Roatan) at midnight in the Ebony Lounge. It was announced that they would have props but you probably could bring your own.

i have a group sailing the Glory in March...can someone fill me in on the Rocky Horror Movie I saw noted on an earlier post. Also does anyone know what day they do the deck party? My kids love it...We were on the conquest in April and it was a blast, though honestly in June on the Miracle it was a little lackluster, they was no running from lounge to lounge before going on deck, and the kids loved the dancing and kareoke part of it..

Mel

Just returned from Western 11/17-24/07 and the Rocky Horror Show was on Wednesday night (Roatan) at midnight in the Ebony Lounge.

The deck party was also this night on the Lido Deck with Karaoke at 8:00 and at 10:00 with Deck Party Music and fun & games at 11:30 and Mexican Buffet from 11:30-1:00 am

Archived