Where to buy summer stuff in Dec?

AZDCruiser

I always feel the need to buy new clothes for vacation..don't know why.

I told myself to buy more at end of summer for our upcoming cruise, but I didn't. Now I'm kicking myself. I need some more capris and short sleeved tops...but amist all the sweaters, boots, and long pants..I fear I'm out of luck.

Any ideas on good places to go for warm weather stuff? I'm a size 14/16 -- so please don't refer me to victoriassecret.com. I know they have cute resort wear, but I'm not that thin!!;)

I've been using Newport News to get some cute stuff online. Most of it is on sale/clearance, so that's an added bonus!

I'm not a size 2 either, so I feel your pain...:D

I totally forgot about them...bought a lot of stuff from them over the years, including some great swimwear that I'm still wearing!

Just checked www.jcp.com (Penny's) and went under "outlet" and there is TONS of great summer skirts, tops, capris, etc.. for under $20 each! :D

I was at Kohl's last week and they had some great clearance prices on summer stuff...polo's, sleeveless tops, shorts, summer weight capri's, summer dresses etc. The men's dept had shorts, polos, and swim trunks on clearance.

Try womanwithin.com , lanebryantcatalog.com or onestopplus.com . These websites start at size 12 and go up. They always have swimwear, and have several shorts and capris in the clearance section. They also have tees all year along. Hope that helps!

Happy shopping

I'm a size 14 also - I went to a Chico's outlet and they had lots of capri's marked down to 9.99. I got a couple pair their. I also went to Macy's & Lord and Taylor's last week. They still had some summer stuff marked down 60-75% off - I was able to get a couple of short sleeve shirts there for next to nothing.

Thanks everyone! I guess I just panicked and went brain dead! Great ideas -- I bought some things from Penny's online and will check out Bealls next. Lands End had great deals on very cute stuff! Thanks for all of the suggestions.

Only 2 weeks away -- I've been looking forward to this cruise for over a year and it's our first balcony, so I want it to be the best!:p

I just raided the Kohl's clearance racks tonight. Got a cute tank, t-shirt, pr of shorts and a capri outfit (matching capris and top) for a grand total of $24! I love a bargain! If I were a size 10, I could have completely retrofitted my summer closet!

Cathy

I always feel the need to buy new clothes for vacation..don't know why.

I told myself to buy more at end of summer for our upcoming cruise, but I didn't. Now I'm kicking myself. I need some more capris and short sleeved tops...but amist all the sweaters, boots, and long pants..I fear I'm out of luck.

Any ideas on good places to go for warm weather stuff? I'm a size 14/16 -- so please don't refer me to victoriassecret.com. I know they have cute resort wear, but I'm not that thin!!;)

Check out Kohl's and Mervyn's if you have those stores near you. I was there for Black Friday (day after Thanksgiving) and they still had lots of summer stuff (somewhat picked over of course) and around 70-80% off. I was really looking for a new bathing suit but unfortunately, all they had left were bottoms and no tops! LOL Don't think a "young" broad of almost 50 is going to be seen topless by any means! Yikes!

Laurie

Today the local newspaper had a large catalog from Macy's featuring all their new resortwear, definitely summer attire. Check on line with Macy's. Some of the other top department stores may also be showing their resort wear now or very soon. At least here in Florida the department stores roll out their resortwear right after Christams or early January.

I was at Kohl's today and tried on about 30 items. Seriously. NOTHING fit.

I was so unhappy! I had $20 coupon from last weekend and ended up buying the same sweater I purchased then in a different color.

Tried on every pair of capris I could find in a 12 or 14 and they all looked awful. Tried to find something for dinner (not formal, but I like to "dress" for dinner every night). Nothing. It was really depressing.

Mail order doesn't work well for me. I'm 5'10" and still skinny as a rail - except for the midsection! So, I really have to try clothes on. And I'm running out of time!

Last December's cruise clothes are a little bit tight. Sigh. I warned the people in my Roll Call that they might see me wearing the same 2 outfits on alternating days!

I wanted to let everyone know that www.spiegel.com has some wonderful summer wear and swimwear. If you go to the site and go under Travel & Swim at the top, there are some beautiful things! I only ordered one top, but could've bought the whole inventory if my wallet permitted! Also, some of the swimwear was 1/2 off!! Tankinis, one piece, and bikinis -- coverups too.

Just an FYI.

Oh, also when i ordered from JC Penney's online -- if you go under "outlet" and "shoes" -- they have TONS of sandals as low as $10!! All very nice quality and fashionable and even more savings if you buy more than one pair.

Archived