Paul Gaugin Honeymoon help

Honeymoon 08

Honeymoon, you will find all age groups on the PG. It is as popular with honeymooners of all ages, as it is with family groups in all combinations, and couples celebrating anniversaries. I did know one couple that did not enjoy the PG - she was always worred about getting her hair wet, didn't like water sports of any kind, and missed bars and port night life - she wasn't happy. Everyone else I've ever talked to who has taken this cruise has had a wonderful time. Read some of the posts here about different topics and you will get a flavor of why people enjoy themselves.

:D

There are always honeymooners on board. Sometimes just a few, sometimes quite a lot. That being said, you will be at the low end of the age demographic. If what you want is a romantic getaway, with lots of staring off at beautiful sunsets and lazing around on beaches and in the water together, you will have a blast. It's a wonderful ship. But if you want the camaraderie of lots of other couples your age, with lots of partying, you might be disappointed. You should not be, the ship and destination are amazing, but it's a matter of expectations.

When we were on in August, there were lots of honeymoon couples in their 20's. Also lots of family groups with teenagers and college age kids (probably wouldn't see that if it weren't during school break time). Also a couple of honeymoon couples who were on the cruise with their whole extended family--different.

I think this would be a great honeymoon trip!

I agree with Wendy about expectations. I am a little older than you, but what I can tell you is the attention to detail is wonderful and the number of passengers to the number of crew ratio is relatively low even if the ship is full. Both times I went, the ship was about half full and the ratio was almost 1:1.

They remembered my orders (both latte & beer) every time after I ordered the first one, they gave my partner and I nicknames and we could be as busy or as idle as we wanted. A honeymoon . . . what fun!

Congratulations in advance and enjoy!

Mike

PG 2001, 2004

If you decide to spend your honeymoon on the PG, I think you will feel it is well worth it! Literally you tell the staff what you want, and they do everything in their power to make it happen. The islands are gorgeous, and there is plenty to do with kayaking, snorkeling, relaxing on the motu, and socializing with other guests. It's not for people looking for a "party" atmosphere. (Although during the time I was on the PG, there probably were guests who partied until the wee hours of the morning!) Meeting the other guests is definitely a part of the trip, and you never know how old or young they are going to be. Some came from places as far away as Germany and England. I really couldn't complain about anything, except for having to leave! spacer.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Hey there both my wife and I will be having our honeymoon on the PG. This is the third marriage for both of us and we are both in our VERY early forties...we are going for the beauty and the diving! So often we don't take advantage of opportunities and this was one we could not pass up. I have cruised a few times before but my new bride has never cruised. So what a way to start!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I just returned from our trip, and my husband told me a young honeymooning couple from Brazil were so disgusted with the older demographic of the pax, and the lack of crazy nightlife, they left the ship! They left at Bora Bora and went to a hotel, and then another hotel in Moorea, and boarded the ship again in Moorea, just before the ship returned to Pap. They were complaining about as I said the lack of activities on the ship, and not much of a "party all the time" atmosphere.

Geez. They were misled by their travel agent if that is what they wanted. The PG has never been known as a party/party ship! Most people are too tired from excursions to stay up late! I will say I was surprised at the demographic on our cruise. Mostly middle aged, and lots of elderly in their 70s and 80s. Just a few kids - under 10 I'd say - no teenagers to speak of. Not many multi-generational family groups. I did hear someone say that this week they are expecting 60 children! Xmas break of course.

We had a lovely time - the weather was cooperative, and the waters were calm and clear as spring water..........great excursions!

:D

No there is definitely not alot of nightlife. What there is lasts until 11 and then most folks (young and old) head to bed for the night so as to be alert for the next day's activities. When I was on the New Years cruise on the Voyager we would party every night until 12 or 1 AM, but felt no need to on this ship. (We managed to make our own party! ;) )

We aren't big partiers, but are hoping for a little more than usual celebration on board the PG for our New Year's cruise. But if no one else creates the fun, we'll do it ourselves. Bringing some party hats and horns and hoping we can make some fun for the hard-working staff, too. This is our first New Year's spent away from just staying at home being a couch potato...so we are going to do this one RIGHT! :)

Archived